Purina Cat Chow Reviews

Purina Cat Chow

Ferret Eat Ferret Food Cat Eat Cat Food ~ Silly Pet W/O

May 30, 2001 (Updated Jun 4, 2001)

Pros:Wonderful for kittens and adult cats alike...and also ferrets!

Cons:None that I know of

The Bottom Line: If my cat likes it I am happy. If my ferret likes it, fine with me. If baby kittens are healthy from it, wonderful!

Wahoo, Audrey (aka Bluehawq) is hosting her first Write Off!! So delighted to be participating in it. And with 2 lovable kids...errr animals, I figure I have something to donate to this write off. First off, let me tell you a little about my silly pets. I have a female Orange Tabby named ZoŽ, she is the sweetest thing in the world. My other pet is not an Orange Tabby or even a kitty. He is a ferret and his name is Athos. He is the biggest thief I have ever met. Anything shiny or anything having to do with the bathroom is his property-or so he thinks. Athos has his secret hiding ďstashĒ where he takes everything and just leaves it there. He will take things, and never touch them again. But the second I take them back, he gets torked and steals them from me again!! Now, I am sure you are wondering why I am talking about a ferret in a kitten food review. Well, you will soon find out!

Ferret Eat Ferret Food, Cat Eat Cat Food
Nope, not in my house. For some reason, Athos will not eat his ferret food. No matter what I do, I even put raisins in with it, which he loves, I put his vitamins on it which he loves...but he wonít eat it. Well, what does he do then? He waits until I let him out of his room (yes, he has his own room-thatís another review though) and he goes into my room and eats ZoŽ's food. So what does ZoŽ do? ZoŽ eats her food most of the time. But she also goes into his room and eats his food! I have tried everything, putting there food away and only feeding them at night so they canít get to each others food, but the next morning I will see that Athos hasnít touched his food and ZoŽ is just waiting for me to let her into Athosí room. Talk about confused pets!

Athos, STOP IT!
I have finally given up, Athos now gets his own bag of Purina Kitten Chow. I do however, mix in ferret food just because it was very expensive and I wonít let it go to waste! But he just eats around the ferret food and eats the Kitten Chow. So many people tell me ďYou canít feed your ferret cat food!!Ē. But I disagree, I have talked to a few vets, and they say Purina Kitten Chow is very high in protein for a cat food (40%) and it is fine to feed him this. Since the main reason why they say not to feed ferrets cat food is because they need more protein, I have decided that if eating this food makes him happy, then so be it. He is happy, fat and still a thief!

Zoe START EATING!
Even though ZoŽ isnít really considered a kitten anymore, she likes this food and since I donĎt have much say in what my animals eat anymore, I let her eat it. I mix this kitten chow with the adult Purina food. She is happy, fat and lovable as ever.

Baby Kittens
I have had many, many cats in my short lifetime. I have taken in strays that were pregnant and had no homes and shared mine with them. It is hard and stressful work taking care of baby kittens when the mother doesnít know how. I have always used Purina Kitten Chow while weaning them from the motherís milk. Weaning is not the easiest process, but if you have the right food and a good technique, you can do it. When there are multiple kittens, the milk seems to run out sooner than normal and kittens are left hungry. As soon as I notice this, I take some Purina Kitten Chow and put it in a shallow dish, add a little milk and water and then warm it up slightly. This softens the food and also the warm milk seems to catch the kittensí interest very well. I have only experience good things with Purina Kitten Chow. All of the kittens seem to gain the right amount of weight and grow up to be beautiful cats!

Cost of this Ferret/Kitten Food
I buy Purina Kitten Chow at Wal-Mart, K-Mart or Target. I donít live close to a pet store, so I am forced to buy what I can at these stores. Cost is about $1.50 for 18 oz. It is also available in a 3.5 lb. bag for $5.99 and a 7 lb. Bag for $8.00.

Information
Remember that in a kittens first year, it goes through the equivalent of infancy to childhood to adolescence. Also, your kittens weight can increase by 2,000$ in itís first 20 weeks. That should tell you how important good food is in the early stages of kitten hood. Purina Kitten Chow has an Ulti-Pro Enhanced Protein System which helps support your kittens immune system and aid in proper muscle development.

What Kitten Chow Provides
Kitten Chow provides more protein for muscle development. High calories for proper body growth. Added rice for proper and easier digestion. Cute little kitten sized morsels that are much easier for your little kittens mouth to chew. Nutrient rich kibbles for more nutrition in each and every bite. Calcium and minerals added for strong bones and chompers (aka teeth). Taurine for a healthy heart and bright eyes. And finally, great taste which will encourage your little guy to eat it.

How To Get More Information
Purina does make it very easy for you to get more information not only on Purina food but also on any questions you have about your pets. Here are some ways to get a hold of this info.

1-800-7PURINA
1-800-CAT-CARE
www.kittenchow.com

If you have a moment, please check out these other participants!!

Of course, our host of this write off bluehawq ~ surferdude7 ~ nikjdog ~ catladyfromnpt ~ angelabar ~ cjsmommy ~ whitty ~ viper1963 ~ kittyokc ~ third_man ~ thom413 ~ debbie26 ~ cartman_2k ~ ginahill ~ ainsleyjo ~ marytara ~ susiewho ~ caleo ~ disartain ~ djsplendid ~ mom2girlz ~ nwinston ~ frazzledspice ~ pmills1210 ~ ggrimes1221 ~ hazelwebster ~ char.mike ~ altaloma ~ jo.com ~ presleysmama ~ nanct ~ micheich ~ sherrywilliam ~ bpotter1 ~ sephiroth2000 ~ macresarf1 ~ palmerld ~ patch3boys ~ manky ~ sherrylee ~ sarahynn ~ fostrmom2mny

Purina Cat Chow Complete Formula Cat Food

Purina Cat Chow Complete Formula Cat Food

Purina Cat Chow Complete Formula Cat FoodPurina Cat Chow is 100% complete nutrition for health and happiness of your cat. Our nutritionists formulated...
Petco

Purina Cat Chow Complete 22 lbs

Purina Cat Chow Complete 22 lbs

Find pet food and snacks at Target.com! Purina cat chow complete 22 lbs

Purina Cat Chow Complete Dry Cat Food

Advanced science? 100% complete and balanced nutrition? Great taste? Purina(c) Cat Chow(c) has it all. Physical. Emotional. Complete. It's the Purina ...
PetFoodDirect
Purina Cat Chow Complete Formula Dry Food

Purina Cat Chow Complete Formula Dry Food

Perfect for homes with multiple cats, Purina Cat Chow Complete Formula Dry Food provides complete nutrition for felines of all ages and life stages. W...
Pet360.com

Purina Cat Chow Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food - 6.3 lb.

Purina Cat Chow Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food - 6.3 lb.

Purina Cat Chow Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food is complete nutrition designed specifically for adult cats who live indoors. It helps control hairballs (wit...
PetSolutions

Purina Cat Chow Complete Dry Cat Food

We think healthy nutrition is like love: It has no age limit. So we created one formula that can be fed to cats of all ages. It satisfies a variety

Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food

Naturals from Purina Cat Chow has Real Chicken and Salmon along with Whole Grains and the goodness of Leafy Greens

Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food

A cat's natural diet includes high levels of protein‚ÄĒand that's what inspired this formula. We use whole grains, real chicken and other

Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food

Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food

The Great Outdoors may elude your indoor cat, but with Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula dry food, they get great nutrition in a recipe to help manage we...

Purina Cat Chow Healthy Weight Dry Cat Food

Purina Cat Chow Healthy Weight Dry Cat Food

Help them maintain a healthy weight. And feed them the flavor they love. A simple idea, really‚ÄĒand the reason we created this formula. It‚Äôs high