Purina O.N.E Lamb and Rice Formula Dog Food Reviews

Purina O.N.E Lamb and Rice Formula Dog Food

NEW Purina ONE Formula Made my dog SICK!

Aug 19, 2010
Not yet rated

Pros:My dog loved the old Purina ONE Formula, she love it.

Cons:The NEW Purina ONE Lamb & Rice Formula made my dog itch really bad.

The Bottom Line: I do not recommend buying the NEW Purina ONE smartblend Formula. My dog had a bad allergic reaction to the new formula and she is in the hospital now.

My JRT dog is in the hospital because of Purina ONE and the New formula.
My dog has been eating Purina ONE for years as long as I can remember and my dog is 9 years old.
 The last bag I bought I noticed they made the meat chunks bigger too. I didn't think anything of it. She loved the new formula, but I noticed she would pick the big chunks of meat to eat and wouldn't really eat the little kibbles.
After a week or so, she started to itch really bad. She got a yeast infection in her ears, I started to notice red spots on her body, and her skin was sensitive. Every time I would go to rub her back she would scrunch up her back like it irritated her and itched when I touched it. I started to Google Purina ONE and found someone else having the same issue's with this New Formula.
As soon as I realized my dog was having a bag reaction to the New Formula, I   stopped feeding it to her. I took her to the vet and they gave me some meds. for her infection's and to help with her itching. Today I had to take my dog to the Vet because she vomited 5 times and it was black with a little blood. I called the vet and they told me to bring her in right away. She is being treated for dehydration and put on iv fluids and they are giving her something to treat her stomach. They are keeping her overnight, hopefully I can bring her home tomorrow.
I called Purina ONE and spoke with someone there today. He told me that they did indeed change the Formula, in a few of their products. Purina ONE Lamb & Rice formula was one of them that they changed and that is what I buy my dog. I asked them why they changed it. He said they are always trying to improve their products or some spill like that. He also said that they are trying to make the food taste better. So that more dogs will like it.. Basically they are trying to have the best product out there that dogs will love to eat so more people to buy their dog food.
I told him my story and wanted to let them know how their change in the formula has affected my dog in a negative way and told them she is in the hospital and it all started with her eating the New formula.  I'm worried that other dogs are having the same issue's and don't want other dogs to get sick like my dog did.
If this has happen to your dog, or you dog is having a bad reaction to the New Purina ONE formula. Your dog could be having the same issue as my dog.
Please contact Purina and let them know. Email or call them. They think that this was an improvement, and I wish that they never changed the food. My dog probably wouldn't be in the hospital right now.
Thank you for reading my story.
Sincerely,Kimberly

Purina ONE SmartBlend Lamb and Rice Dry Dog Food

Purina One Total Nutrition Lamb & Rice Formula has real lamb that contributes protein for strong muscles, including a healthy heart. Highly

Purina One Wholesome Lamb and Long Grain Rice Entree Canned Dog Food

Purina One Wholesome Lamb and Long Grain Rice Entree Canned Dog Food

Purina ONE Wholesome Lamb and Long Grain Rice Entr?e is nutritionally complete, so you can feel confident you're providing the nutrition your dog need...

Purina ONE Wholesome Lamb & Brown Rice Entree Tender Cuts in Gravy Dog Food

Purina ONE Wholesome Entree Tender Cuts in Gravy Dog FoodPurina believes in the power of real ingredients as well as the power of great taste. We know...
Petco

Purina Veterinary Diets DCO Dual Fiber Control For Dogs 18 lb bag

Purina Veterinary Diets DCO Dual Fiber Control For Dogs 18 lb bag

Purina Veterinary Diets DCO canine formula provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of the adult dog.
ADW Diabetes

Petco

Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food

Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food

Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food has real lamb that contributes protein for strong muscles, including a healthy heart. Hig...
Purina Veterinary Diets OM Select Overweight Mgmt For Dogs 18 lb bag

Purina Veterinary Diets OM Select Overweight Mgmt For Dogs 18 lb bag

Purina Veterinary Diets OM Select Blend Overweight Management canine formula provides complete and balanced nutrition for safe and effective weight lo...
ADW Diabetes

Purina Mighty Dog Lamb and Rice Canned Dog Food

Purina Mighty Dog Lamb and Rice Canned Dog Food

Mighty Dog Lamb Rice Dinner has all the nutrients needed to give your small dog plenty of energy for doing all the things a healthy, active
PetFlow

Purina ONE Wholesome Lamb & Brown Rice Entree Tender Cuts In Gravy Canned Dog Food

When your dog rushes to the dinnertime food dish, he or she wants a flavorful and satisfying meal like the formulas from Purina ONE. Made with lean an...