Pyrex Glass 2-Cup Round Bowl with Cover Reviews

Pyrex Glass 2-Cup Round Bowl with Cover

Pyrex® Glass 2 Cup Round Bowl with Cover

Apr 1, 2008 (Updated Apr 1, 2008)

Pros:PYREX® glassware is a great addition to the kitchen storage problem.

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: Introduced nearly a century ago and produced of a hardwearing, high temperature substance, Pyrex® remains the ultimate means for secure, steadfast food preparation.

Remove the speculation about what's stored in those food containers in your fridge with these handy glass storage components produced by Pyrex. Pyrex® Glass 2 Cup Round Bowl with Cover are Made in America great.

Pyrex®, the commerce that originated due to a ruined supper and a broken casserole dish, is a registered trademark of Corning Incorporated. Pyrex® Glassware has come a long way from the early products offered by the Corning company back nearly a century ago.

Just the thing for cooking/storing needs, Pyrex® glassware is intended to go right from the freezer or refrigerator to the microwave, traditional oven or convection oven. I do not own a metal cooking pan.

Ease of use, storage and cleanup of Pyrex® Glassware convinced me long ago that there was no need for anything in my kitchen but either Pyrex® or Corningware® produced by the Corning Corporation which I was using even before I married and began cooking for husband and/or family.

Caution: Pyrex® glassware is not designed for use on stove tops, other types of burners, under the broiler or in a toaster oven. Pyrex® Glass is safe for use in freezer, refrigerator, oven and microwave. An advantage of Pyrex® glass results from the thickness of the glass which dispense heat throughout the Pyrex® glassware dish. Foods are baked evenly with no areas of some raw and some scorched.

The glass does not absorb odors or flavors as is found in some types of containers. Because Pyrex® is non-reactive; recipes using lemon, vinegar or tomato based sauces and the like are safely prepared, cooked and served in Pyrex® without fear of poor taste, quality or other reaction.

When sons and their friends were here at dinner time; there were no leftovers. Now that it is husband and I we often discover ourselves with something uneaten at the end of the meal. I find the Pyrex® Glass 2 Cup Round Bowl with Cover to be an excellent size for many of the dibs and dabs we have remaining after our supper is finished.

The 2 cup size bowl lends itself readily to use for heating servings of stew, soup, or other entrée when we are having a Friday evening ‘left over’ supper.’ I don’t like to waste food, storing leftovers until they have gone slimy with long green hair is a waste of food and electricity both. Husband often has left over something for his lunch a day or so after we have eaten most of the entrée for supper.

On Thursday or Friday we get all the bowls, if any, out of the frig for a ‘left over supper’, what we don’t eat then is taken out for the raccoons., Those little nippers will eat darn near anything and seem to enjoy a little variety in addition to their cat food suppers upon which they generally dine.

==============================
On occasion I do like to make up a dish with leftovers for later in mind

Tortellini Casserole is one

Preheat oven 325⁰ if using Pyrex, 350⁰ if using metal pan

28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
frozen tortellini prepared according to package
2 C small curd cottage cheese,
4 C shredded Mozzarella cheese,
Parmesan cheese

Layer sauce, tortellini, cheses in 13 x 9 baking dish.
I use either Pyrex® or Corningware®
I usually spritz a little Pam before beginning to layer the ingredients

Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese over top

Bake uncovered in a 325⁰ degree oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

Served with a fresh salad, crusty garlic bread and a light dessert, perhaps a bowl of chunky cinnamon applesauce and supper is ready at the end of the workday.

Store leftovers in Pyrex® Glass 2 Cup Round Bowl with Cover

Frozen ravioli can be substituted for tortellini.
While we are not vegetarian, we do use beef sparingly. I like to use cheese tortellini for a meat free supper dish.

==============================

I like the size and shape of the straight side, 2 cup bowl; measuring approximately 1.5 inches deep and 4.5 inches wide the bowl is easy to use and easy to store in the cupboard.

Holding 2 cups of liquid, plus being see through allowing inspection of the contents, and having a lid that snaps securely in place causes this bowl to be especially handy for storing supper surplus.

Whether the leftovers are put into the refrigerator for midnight snacking, tomorrow lunch fare or once a week left over supper, or are stored in the freezer for use at a later date; the contents remain visible, free of freezer burn, and accessible. The Corning Corp. PYREX® glassware with tight sealing lids are a great addition to the kitchen storage problem.

I like that the lids remain fresh in appearance, are not faded and have not warped out of shape despite being used with the bowls in the microwave and have washed many times. My PYREX® 2 cup bowls are made of heavy, thick tempered glass that is purposely designed for baking in conventional ovens or for use in microwaves. Because the bowls are glass they do not absorb or retain food stains or odors. The glass remains clear, is durable and difficult to chip.

Per the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the product known as Pyrex consists of 1% aluminum, 4% boron, 54% oxygen, less than 1% potassium, 38% silicon, and 3% sodium .

Pyrex® glassware is found in nearly every kitchen today. Offered in an ever growing collection of well-organized shapes and sizes; each individual piece of Pyrex® can be used for baking, cooking, microwaving, serving, and storage.

Dishwasher safe mylidded 2 cup bowls, and their companion pieces, 4 cup bowls with lids are easy to clean. However, now that it is only husband and I at home we rarely run the dishwasher. I will soak the bowls if need be, followed by washing the piece by hand and allowing it to air dry. My dishwasher does see duty today as a large, ‘with door’, dish rack where we place clean, damp dishes before they are returned to cupboard.

Designed to survive oven heat Pyrex® guarantees that any Pyrex® brand glass item that breaks from oven heat within two years from date of purchase will be replaced. I have used many pieces my glassware for nearly three decades and have yet to have any of it break due to heat.

I purchased my first Pyrex® 2 cup bowl at our local Albertsons for about $4. I notice they are becoming more costly with time and rising transportation costs. They are available on the Amazon site should you want them and not be able to locate in your brick and mortar shop.

PYREX® glassware is heavy-duty, translucent for easy checking of storage and cooking progress in addition to having exceptional heat conduction considered necessary for even, reliable cooking. There is no stand-in for PYREX® glassware in the kitchen.

The original glass bakeware IS PYREX®. Introduced 90 years ago, and made of a sturdy, high heat resistant substance; PYREX® glass and bakeware continues as the definitive standard for secure, dependable food preparation, cooking and storage ware.

I am very fond of glass, which I collect glass. Much of what I have is from the depression era. Some of it is early Pyrex in the Philbin pattern. Introduced nearly a century ago and produced of a hardwearing, high temperature substance, Pyrex® remains the ultimate means for secure, steadfast food preparation.

I do not use my depression era pieces for baking despite having pie bakers and casserole dishes. I can replace modern pieces easily the early pieces are much harder to find should one be broken, I just don’t want toe take the chance despite my realization the glassware would likely be as safe to use today as it was when first produced. For many cooks there is just no alternative for Pyrex® glass bakeware. Happy to recommend.

=========================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin
=========================

Should you not be able to locate the pretty blue in your local brick and mortar store it can be ordered online:
Product and Shipping Information from the Amazon Site • Dimensions: 4.9 x 4.9 x 2.4 inches
• Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
• Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
• ASIN: B0000CFMTV
Safe to use in oven, microwave, refrigerator, and freezer; dishwasher safe
Cautions regarding Pyrex:
Do not use on stove top, under broiler or in a toaster oven
Do not overheat butter, margarine or oil in microwave
Cook in microwave using minimum amount of cooking time
Do not use in microwave to cook popcorn
Avoid severe temperature changes such as hot to cold
Do not add liquid to hot dish
Do not submerge hot dish in liquid
Do not use dish if damaged ie cracked, chipped, and the like

$3.99 Amazon

Corning Inc
Corning, New York
made in the USA

Pyrex 6-Piece Storage 2-Cup Round Set with Dark Blue Plastic Cover

Pyrex 6-Piece Storage 2-Cup Round Set with Dark Blue Plastic Cover

Keep your food organized and protected with the Pyrex 6-Piece Storage 2-Cup Round Set. This multifunctional glassware is a must-have for any kitchen. ...

Pyrex Storage Dish, Round with Lid, 2-cup, 1 dish

Pyrex Storage Dish, Round with Lid, 2-cup, 1 dish

Glass doesn't warp, stain or absorb odors. Full two year warranty Pyrex ovenware World Kitchen, Inc. promises to replace any Pyrex Ovenware item that ...

Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup, 4 cups

Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup, 4 cups

This measuring cup is a staple in kitchens across the country. These Pyrexs ups feature easy-to-read graduations in both metric and U.S. customary sys...
Sur La Table

Pyrex Storage 2-Cup Round Dish with Plastic Cover (Set of 3) 6017399

Pyrex Storage 2-Cup Round Dish with Plastic Cover (Set of 3) 6017399

Pyrex 6017399 Pyrex glass bakeware/cookware is a must have for any serious kitchen. Each individual piece can be used for baking, cooking, microwavin...
Wayfair

Pyrex 3-piece Kitchen Glass Mixing Bowl Baking Cake Stir Oven Safe Dish Pot Set

Pyrex 3-piece Kitchen Glass Mixing Bowl Baking Cake Stir Oven Safe Dish Pot Set

Pyrex 3-Piece Kitchen Glass Mixing Bowl Baking Cake Stir Oven Safe Dish Pot Set Pyrex 3-Piece Clear Glass Mixing Bowl Set Since 1915, experienced cook...

Pyrex Smart Essentials Mixing Bowl Set 8 piece

Pyrex Smart Essentials Mixing Bowl Set 8 piece

Find mixing bowls at Target.com! Mix your food ingredients easily with the pyrex smart essentials 8-piece mixing bowl set. It has 4 mixing bowls with ...

Pyrex Storage Plus 2 Cup Round Dish with Lid (Set of 6) 6017399

Pyrex Storage Plus 2 Cup Round Dish with Lid (Set of 6) 6017399

Pyrex 6017399 Features: -Round dish with plastic cover.-Lid material: Plastic.-Lids are great for storage in refrigerator or freezer.-Provides good he...
Wayfair

Pyrex 6001033 Glass Mixing Bowl, 2.5 Qt.

Pyrex 6001033 Glass Mixing Bowl, 2.5 Qt.

Highlights:Clear Pyrex 2-1/2 quart capacity Oven, microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe Clear glass allows you to watch your food as it cooks

Kitchen Pyrex 3-piece Food Mixing Bowl Set W, Clear Glass Natural Bakeware

Kitchen Pyrex 3-piece Food Mixing Bowl Set W, Clear Glass Natural Bakeware

NEW Kitchen Pyrex 3-Piece Food Mixing Bowl Set w, Clear Glass Natural Bakeware 3-pc mixing bowl set (1-quart, 1-1/2-quart, 2-1/2-quart bowls)Glass bow...

Pyrex Prepware 2.5 Qt Mixing Bowl in Clear (Set of 2)

Pyrex Prepware 2.5 Qt Mixing Bowl in Clear (Set of 2)

The Pyrex Original 2.5 qt Clear Mixing Bowl is a must-have for any kitchen. If you like to cook or bake, you will appreciate this bowl. The round shap...