Rei Bookpacker

Get Packin'!

Sep 9, 2000 (Updated Sep 9, 2000)

Pros:simple lines, hard working

Cons:maybe too small,not waterproof

Great Backpack for school, work or a weekend trip! I've gone through many backpacks for both junior high and high school, and this one is the best by far. The easy-to-pull-and-identify red zipper pulls on my backpack are great and none of them have even come close to breaking. This backpack has many pockets to store stuff in. The store only had a couple colors when I went in and I chose the dark blue version, which hasn't gotten visibly dirty yet (with the occasional dusting).

I particularly like the inside organizer inside of the first smaller main pocket (see picture). There is a mesh pocket also inside which is great for holding miscellaneous small things (such a pocket tissue). There's also a plastic holder for your ID card or driver's license to keep it clean when you toss junk into the pocket and a key holder so you don't have to dig around inside of your backpack looking for dorm/house key. The other pockets easily fit cell phones or graphing calculators as well as the requisite pack of cards.

The larger pocket has enough space for a couple textbooks and at least 4 one inch binders. It also has a small pocket for a folder in the back. The side mesh pocket is great for wet umbrellas or water bottles. The bottom of the backpack is a tough black nylon that has lasted through many sharp and heavy objects being placed on it. All in all this was a great backpack and easily jazzed up with an iron-on over the REI symbol.