620508

REI Dry One Polypro Liner Socks - First Class Quality

Mar 17, 2008 (Updated May 4, 2008)

Pros:Works great.

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: Great liners that will not let you down.

Intro

I got these for mainly I got them I was in anticipation of going on trips up north to keep my feet adequately warm and wicking away sweat so my feet do not get frost bitten during the winter trips in snow and/or freezing conditions.

Impression

I am more than impressed with the performance of these REI Dry One Polypro Liner Socks wearing these during the summer your feet will not get hot and not even slightest bit damp and the same for the rest of the seasons. Spring weather I found these to keep my feet cool and dry, and the same for fall & winter conditions but a little bit warmer. The socks have plenty of softness unlike cheap cotton liner socks that usually get sweaty and smelly.

Conclusion

These socks would be great for year round use and they do an excellent job wicking away sweat.

Recommend

Yes, I recommend these socks since they are sensible and inexpensive solution to keeping your feet warm and free from dampness, and would have to give these socks a five stars out of five stars in overall performance.

Fabric Content

These socks contain 70% polypropylene, 28% stretch nylon and 2% Lycra(R) spandex.

Washing Directions

Wash Warm, Fabric Softner, & No Bleach. Turn the sock inside out so that terry will get fluffed and cleaned, and do not turn them right side out until finished drying.

Drying Directions

Tumble Dry with Fabric Softner Sheet and I would like to advise against line drying as the packaging suggests since that will put the socks in the risk of hydrolysis, which is essentially rotting of the fabric especially with synthetic fibers (the elastic) of the sock. Or you may follow the directions on the package which I do not recommend due to shortened lifetime of the liner and you do that by hand washing and drying flat.

Other Care Directions

A fine point that is not well known is that you should not just forcefully pull on your socks because it causes permanent stretching which eventually will tear a hole in the socks or make them to where they are too loose to wear. Gently roll or bunch the socks pass on over toes to the heel then gently bring them up towards your calf. Why? To simply prevent stretching and allow for them to be in service for years to come. I have done this practice with (my diabetic socks that I use for controlling swelling [a recent issue]) and steel toe shoe socks since 1997 (nine years & believe it or not some of the socks I still have from that time frame) & really does extend the life of the socks in general but especially in the heel region.

Warning Do Not pull a loose strand by hand! If you notice a loose end clip it as close as possible carefully to the sock with scissors to prevent premature unraveling or bunching or pulling or breaking.

Durability

These socks will last you for a few years or longer as long as you keep yours shoes properly tied and toenails reasonable length; meaning that you feet are not loose in the boots rubbing against the heel portion and your toenails are at normal length so they do not essentially cut through the sock itself. Another thing that is important is proper washing and drying to extend life of the socks. I do expect the socks to last longer than five years because of how well the comfort lasts.

03/17/2008 ©

Acorn 200 Weight Fleece Versa Socks -- Free to Wear All Year Long

Acorn Versa Two-Way Fleece Socks -- Free To Wear All Year Long

Adidas Socks

Adidas Cotton Quarter Socks 3-Pack Mens -- Ok Socks for Being Cotton Made

Adidas Men's Ultra Tech Running Cushion Low Cut -- High Quality & Plenty of Cushion

Adidas No Show 3 PR M --- Excellent Padding for Shock Absorption

Cabela's Ultimate Wool Sock - Fight off blisters & foot fungus for free

Cabela's Thermolite/Merino Heavyweight Wool Socks - Free from Dampness

Cabela's Socks

Cabela's Ultimax Cool-Lite Socks -- Great Year Round Socks

Cabela’s Thermolite Merino Super Heavyweight Wool Socks -- Free from the Cold of Winter

Cabela's Wool Boot Socks - Free warmth while wet

Cabela's Military Weight Polartec Power Stretch Socks - Free from Moisture

Cabela's Wool Boot Socks -- Great Winter Time Socks

Cabela's Socks with Built-in Liner

Cabela's Ingenius Boot Sock - Built-in Sock Liner for Free

Elder Socks

Elder Merino Wool Socks -- Free from Expensive Cost

Elder 3-Pk. Merino Wool Socks -- Great Socks For Chilly Weather

Elder Thermal Sock & Liner Sock -- Sensible & Inexpensive Solution To Keep Feet Warm

Gordini Socks

Gordini Lavawool Midweight Hiker Crew Socks -- A Good Deal?

Lin Socks

New Norwegian Mil. Wool Socks

Norweger Schafwolle - Norwegian Wool Socks

U.S. Military Army Socks -- Affordable Excellent Wool Sock

Thorlo Socks

Thorlo LRMXM Lite Running Mini-Crew Mens Socks -- Please Get Me This For Christmas!!!

Thorlo Wool Hiker Socks -- Excellent Blister Free Socks

Thorlo WLTH Lite Hiker Wool/Silk Crew Mens Socks -- Keep you comfortable and dry

Thorlo LRXM Lite Running CoolMax Crew Mens Socks - Free From Wetness

Thorlo LTH Lite Hiker Coolmax Crew Mens Socks - Free to Pick From 4 Colors

Thorlo LWXM Lite Walking CoolMax Crew Mens Socks - Free from Wetness

Thorlo LWMXM Lite Walking CoolMax Mini-Crew Mens Socks - Free from Wetness

Thorlo Rolltop Tennis Sock -- Great for Badminton and Walking

Thorlo Walking Crew Socks -- Excellent Socks To Help Walk Away Weight

Thorlo KX Hiker Crew Mens Socks -- Excellent Hiking Socks

Thorlo Running Mini-Crew -- Need Relief From Feet Pain Or Neuropathy Gives These A Try

Thorlo Women's Light Hiker Mini-Crew -- Oops I Forgot My Thorlos At Home
Opinion

Wigwam Socks

Wigwam Ultimax Lightweight Ski Sock -- Not Just for Skiing

Wigwam Bombshell Sock --- Weird Science Lady?

Wigwam Journey II Crew Socks -- Excellent Merino Wool Itch Free

Wigwam Liner Socks

Wigwam Gobi Liner -- Excellent Summer Moisture Wicking Liner Sock

Wigwam Mills Thermolite Liner F2163 -- Excellent Winter Moisture Wicking Liner Sock

Wigwam Gobi Plus Liner Socks F2154 -- Great Year Round Sock Liner

Wigwam Gobi Polypro Liners -- Keep Feet Warm & Dry

Wigwam Dry Foot Liner Socks F2152 -- Excellent Liner Keeping Feet Free From Wetness

Woolrich Socks

Woolrich Pine Creek Two Pack Sock - Soft Itch Free Warmth of Wool

Woolrich Ten-Mile Over The Calf Socks -- Keeping Your Calves Warm While in the Outdoors

Woolrich Day Hiker Sock - Soft Itch Free Warmth of Wool