Raid Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger

Raid's the Bomb

May 24, 2006

Pros:It works and is inexpensive.

Cons:Toxic, toxic, toxic!

The Bottom Line: Raid's Fogger really works. My kids will sleep downstairs.

We have those little potato bugs that come into our basement. I didn’t buy Raid Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger for those little guys. I bought this package because our basement is half finished. My adult children have two rooms downstairs. When they would come to visit, the spiders were bad enough that they really didn’t want to sleep downstairs. I saw this in a store quite awhile ago and we just used the third and last fogger.

All about Raid Foggers:

I paid about $7.00 for three foggers. We are told that each one will keep killing for up to two months. I have found that to be true. Since I hate using such toxic products we only use them when one or both girls are coming and I know they’ll be sleeping downstairs.

The fogger is a 4 inch high can with a plastic top and nozzle. The active ingredient is Cypermethrin. It is concentrated, waterless and the claim that it is clean is accurate. It is intended to get into cracks and carpet fiber. The fogger works against lots of bugs including ants, cockroaches, spiders, black carpet and flour beetles, gnats, silverfish, crickets, fleas, houseflies, mosquitoes, ticks, wasps and hornets. One can treats up to 625 square feet.

It is suggested for use in your attic, basement, garage, storage areas, shed, camper as well as your home.

Needless to say the Raid Fogger is extremely toxic. It is advised that you not be home when you use it. It is harmful to breathe it in, can cause eye irritation, can be deadly if swallowed and please keep your children far away from this. It might look like fun to spray.

In addition you should wash your clothes after handling the fogger, call poison control if it is swallowed, keep it away from fire and don’t use it in a room 5 feet by 5 feet or smaller.

How to use it:

We used the fogger this morning before heading off to the gym. We opened the closets downstairs. Since we were focused on spiders we didn’t open drawers or cabinets. We made sure Hanna, our dog, was upstairs. If we had a fish tank it would have been turned off. If our floors were wood we would have covered the floors; if our furniture was waxed we would have covered that and if we had stereo equipment we would have covered that. We do have a hot tub so we covered that with a sheet though newspaper or plastic is recommended.

If any windows or outside doors were open we would have closed them. We would have shut off fans and air conditioners had these been on. We had no flames or light s to shut off.

Rather than using a chair, table or stand in the center of the room we used the top of our large dehumidifier. We covered it with newspaper (or paper towels can be used).

We bent the tab on the side of the fogger, tilted it away from our faces (my husband did the actually pressing) which is important. The container sprays straight up. He pressed down on the fogger pad until it snapped into place and put it on top of the newspapers. We then ran upstairs and closed the door that leads down.

We kept the door closed for at least 4 hours which is the minimum. It was longer for us because we were gone longer than 4 hours.

Before I did laundry downstairs I opened the windows to air the room out for 30 minutes.

Does it work?

I’m not on my third fogger just to get rid of them. I am on the last one because this stuff works. I can’t remember the last time I saw a spider downstairs. If it weren’t so toxic I’d use it upstairs because I am starting to see some spiders in the office but unless they get really bad I’ll let them live.

It would be great if there were a less toxic product. Perhaps there is. Let me know. For now I know my kids can sleep down stairs without daddy long legs hanging around and will put up with the toxicity a few times a year. Raid Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger worked for us. Although as I said these little potato bugs come in, they come in and die. Maybe they would die anyway but they don’t make it past the step leading from the outside to the basement.

Five star product.

Raid 81590 3-Count Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger

Product Information: Raid Concentrated DEEP REACH Fogger allows you to automatically fill an average size room (up to 625 sq. ft.) with an insect-kill...

Raid 15-oz Max Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger SCJ643413

Raid 15-oz Max Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger SCJ643413

Kills fleas and hatching eggs. Designed for use whenever a flea infestation occurs in your house. Use for bug infestations in: house, attics, apartm...
Lowe's

Raid 81590 3-Count Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger
Raid 81590 3-Count Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger Outdoor, Home, Garden, Supply, Maintenance

3-pk Raid Deep Reach Max Fogger 12565 6pk

3-pk Raid Deep Reach Max Fogger 12565 6pk

Purchase is for 6 Boxes, each box contains 3 Foggers. Raid Max Fogger.Raid Max concentrated DEEP REACH fogger allows you to automatically fill an aver...