Rain-X Bug Remover Windshield Washer Fluid

Easy and Excellent!

Aug 11, 2004

Pros:Easy to use, excellent performance in most climate conditions.

Cons:sometimes hard to find frequently out of stock due to its popularity.

The Bottom Line: I'm amazed more commercial vehicles do not use this product. A must in the wet southeast and mid Atlantic regions. Air Conditioner defroster works even better when Rain-X is used.

I've used Rain-X products for over 15 years. I would rate the stuff you wipe on and buff off 3 stars. It does an excellent job for 4 to 10 weeks. Several months ago while at Wal-Mart, I happened to stumble on Rain-X Bug Remover Windshield Washer Fluid on sale for 99 cents. This stuff is even well worth the premium $1.99 price! I'm your typical lazy car owner who would rather be exercising (swimming) than laboring under the hot hazy Baltimore sun applying goop on the windshield. With Rain-X Bug Remover Windshield Washer Fluid if you live in a climate with a normal amount of rain, you could get away with forgoing the wipe and buff. Put Rain-X Bug Remover Windshield Washer Fluid in your fluid pouch and you are set. By running the windshield washer several times a week, (not a difficult task in humid Baltimore) a coat of Rain-x is applied to your windshield. As my two fellow reviewers stated; this stuff does an excellent job at ridding the glass of bug detritus. Besides the ease of use the thing I like best about Rain-X Bug Remover Windshield Washer Fluid is, that there IS NO RESIDUAL HAZE LEFT ON THE WINDSHIELD!
With the conventional Rain-X that you rub on, this was my major criticism! And, the hand stuff is limited in protection. Roughly 4 to 10 weeks in a Southern city with a humid climate and heavy air pollution.
For me, I find the best results come from combining the two forms. I use a Castrol product which I spry on and wipe that lasts for 4 to 6 months. I always top off my washer reserve with Rain-X Bug Remover Windshield Washer Fluid! After 10 months I'm still getting excellent results. This summer has been plagued with violent thunderstorms. While driving on I-95 during these deluges, I've only one time had to run my wipers at full speed. Most of the time when everyone else has their wipers at top speed I'm running mine on the intermittent cycle! And I drive a 1992 Toyota Paseo with 140,000 miles! When it rains, my windshield beads. The rain runs off akin to the same effect as when on a jet flying through a thunderstorm!
You will get very good results using Rain-X Bug Remover Windshield Washer Fluid alone however, to get outstanding performance, I highly reccomend you apply a coat of the Castrol windshield product and keep your fluid tank filled with Rain-X Bug Remover Windshield Washer Fluid.

Ease of Application: Excellent; a breeze to apply and shine - lasts forever

Windshield Mirror Chrome Bug Dirt Grime Remover

Windshield Mirror Chrome Bug Dirt Grime Remover

WINDSHIELD MIRROR CHROME BUG DIRT GRIME REMOVER SPRAY ON ANY SURFACE LIBERALLY, LET SIT FOR 60 SECONDS AND WIPE OFF WITH A WET CLOTH, BRUSH SPONGE OR ...

Windshield Washer Pump For Pontiac

Windshield Washer Pump For Pontiac

Windshield Washer Pump for Pontiac Brand New Windshield Washer Pump with Grommet Application

49265 Dorman Windshield Washer Switch Lever

49265 Dorman Windshield Washer Switch Lever

New Dorman Windshield Washer Switch Lever. PartsGeek offers high quality new, OEM and aftermarket products. 49265
PartsGeek.com

Camco Windshield Washer Fluid

Camco Windshield Washer Fluid

Product Details Windshield washer fluid No mixing required Easily removes road grime, film and bugs Summer blend 1 gallon Technical Details Brand: Cam...
Windshield Washer Pump For Oldsmobile

Windshield Washer Pump For Oldsmobile

Windshield Washer Pump for Oldsmobile Brand New Windshield Washer Pump with Grommet Application

2004 Ford Mustang Mustang AM Exterior chrome-windshield-washer-cap-98-

2004 Ford Mustang Mustang AM Exterior chrome-windshield-washer-cap-98-

Great Custom Styling. Brighten up the dreary stock engine bay of your Mustang with a brightly polished Chrome Windshield Washer Reservoir Cap Cover fo...
AmericanMuscle.com

Windshield Washer Pump With Grommet For Porsche

Windshield Washer Pump With Grommet For Porsche

Windshield Washer Pump with for Porsche Brand New Windshield Washer Pump with Grommet Application

1988 BMW M6 (E24) Windshield Washer Check Valve - Genuine BMW