-10%

2 consumer reviews

Free Shipping Designer Optics

Functionality with Cool.

Apr 24, 2009

Pros:Lightweight, precission optics, fair price, durable, really cool!

Cons:Too cool for old farts like me.

The Bottom Line: You really can't go wrong with these unless they just don't fit. If thats the case try the same model in P8 (smaller) configuration.

I’m not a wraparound sunglasses kind of guy. I use my old Ray Ban Wayfarers about 95% of the time I’m outside. Unfortunately like both my mother and my daughter, I have very light sensitive eyes. I also love being outdoors, so sunglasses are a necessity. When I get very active I need a set of glasses that will stay in place better than my Wayfarers and after trying a bunch of different models, I landed back with Ray Bans.

This model. The RB 2027, otherwise known as the Predator 2 is an ideal sports and high activity pair of sunglasses. They are very lightweight, fit close to the face and stay in place very well. Even when I’m out running, biking or playing tennis, I never have to worry about them dropping on my nose or just falling off.

The frame is a very durable and extremely light in weight nylon. Although it appears black in color, that is only to the observer. When you put the glasses on you find that they are actually translucent. Light comes through the frame. This is actually a good thing because you don’t end up with a solid black outline in your peripherial vision. What you see looks more natural.

Although I complain about wrap around glasses lack of optical precission, I find the Ray Bans lenses to be the clearest “wraparound style” I’ve ever looked through. Ray Ban went to great lengths to prevent visual distortion with these glasses. Also to my liking is the use of the green G-15 lens. The G-15 was originally designed for the Army Air Corp pilots who needed UV protection and still needed to see colors correctly and accurately. The Predators offer 100% UV (ABC) protection. Once you try the G-15, you soon realize that everything else on the market simply distorts your visual perception.

The G-15 lenses are also scratch and impact resistant which is a plus if you need added protection form flying debris. For those who prefer a polarized lens you can also get them in these glasses with the 9D, polarized lens option.

I have been extremely happy with these glasses. When running they don’t drop. Actually they are barely noticeable on my face once they are in place.  I’ve also been smacked dead in the eye from one of my daughter’s high speed tennis balls. I can bet that if I hadn’t had the glasses on I would have had a serious bruise. The glasses came away none the worse for wear. When they come off, I never have indents in the side of my nose. They clean up easily with either the cleaning towel that comes with the glasses or with a little soap and water.

Although I don’t care for the wrap around “style” those who do will probably convert to these the minute they put them on. My wife prefers the look of these to my “old man” Wayfarers and will usually hand me these if I ask her to give me my shades. She says I look younger and cool with them. Ya, OK, whatever. Nonetheless, they are great shades.

Designer Optics
Home View All Listings About Us FAQ Feedback Customer Service Fitting Guide 30-Day Return Policy Ray Ban RB 2027 W1847 Black RB2027 Sunglasses Retail ...
SUNGLASSES 4 LESS WE ONLY SELL AUTHENTIC SUNGLASSES! 100% Brand New or Your Money Back Guarantee!!! STYLE: PREDATOR 2 MODEL: RB 2027 W1847 FRAME:MATTE...
eyewear4u2c Store Home About Us Seller Ratings Return Policy Contact Us Store categories Product INFORMATION 100% authenticity guaranteed ray-ban Bran...
Become a sun worshiper with these black Ray-Ban sunglasses. These classic sunglasses are made from durable plastic and feature a black matte finish. M...
1-20 of 39 best deals 1 2   Next >> Why are these stores listed?