Razer BlackWidow Ultimate RZ03-00380100-R3U1 Wired Keyboard Reviews

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate RZ03-00380100-R3U1 Wired Keyboard

Not Best Price; Best Performance

Sep 25, 2012

Pros:USB headset ports
Great Lighting
Mechanical Tactile Feel
Looks Sick
Jealous Friends

Cons:Expensive
Loud

The Bottom Line: This is the best gaming keyboard on the market, but can be a little noisy.  Better than the normal Blackwidow.

Trying to convince my parents to let my buy this product was a nightmare, but once I had the thick cardboard box in my hands, it was all worth it.  I had spent countless hours watching youtube reviews on various gaming keyboards, read many wikipedia entries about the unique mechanical action of Razer keyboards, and basically, done my research.  Let me just start off by saying that Razer is a sweet company.  Like Steve Jobs, Razer knows what is freaking cool... And with this keyboard, they nailed it.  The 2 USB connectors make a unique system where you can plug your headset right into the keyboard, or headphones, which is a nice feature that makes sound so much more convenient.  Also, new with the Ultimate edition is the lighting in the back.  At first, I had some major trouble getting the keyboard to light up, or even work out of the box, but just know that you have to get the specific drivers installed FROM THE RAZER WEBSITE before this will work...  The backlight is incredible.  Although it doesn't change color, the light is so vivid and bright, even on the lower settings.  Don't worry, it isn't distracting, but I could notice a huge difference in my typing speed and gaming ability in the night or "darker" situations.  The main selling point is the mechanical feel of the Cherry Blue Mx keyswitches, which I believe are different from those of the original keyswitches on the Blackwidow.  Whatever is in this keyboard, it feels simply AWESOME. Every time you press a key you get a satisfying click, and a great key response.  If you are interested in sheer performance, then this is a great option, because I could notice my Starcraft APM simply jump after this was purchased.  The Razer software is pretty easy to use, and the programmable macro keys are a huge advantage in World of Warcraft.  If you play in secret or at night, like I do, then you should probably go with the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth, which might be $10 more but will be worth it.  Overall,  this is the best gaming keyboard on the market.  Note:  Some people do not enjoy the tactile feel of mechanical keys or the clicking sounds (you probably will), but if not, just go for the Stealth edition.

Buy at Newegg.com RAZER BlackWidow Chroma RZ03-01220200-R3U1 USB Wired Gaming RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Newegg.com

Razer Illuminated Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard - Black (RZ03-00384600-R3U1)

Find computer and video game controllers at Target.com! Razer illuminated blackwidow ultimate gaming keyboard - black (rz03-00384600-r3u1)

Razer RZ03-00384600-R3U1 Razer Keyboard RZ03-00384600-R3U1 Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Elite Gaming
Razer - Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard -  Mec, Keyboards & Keypads

Razer - Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Mec, Keyboards & Keypads

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard Take PC gaming to another level with the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard. This gaming keyboard com...
TigerDirect.com

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth Edition Elite Mechanical Gaming

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth Edition Elite Mechanical Gaming

Features The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth feature the all-new Razer Mechanical Switches that have been designed from the ground up with the aim o...
Newegg.com

Razer RZ03-00392800-R3U1 Razer Keyboard RZ03-00392800-R3U1 Blackwidow Mechanical Keyboard 2014
RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth Edition Black Wired Elite

RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth Edition Black Wired Elite

Dimensions 18.72 x 6.74 Mechanical Keyboard Yes Features Razer Mechanical Switches with 45g actuation force 60 million keystroke life span Individuall...
Newegg.com

Razer RZ03-00384600-R3U1 Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Elite Gaming Elite Mechanical Keyboard Retail

nbsp; nbsp;All New Razer trade; Mechanical Switches nbsp; nbsp;Designed specifically for gaming, the all-new Razer Mechanical Switches actuate at an o...
RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 MAC Black Wired Mechanical Keyboard

RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 MAC Black Wired Mechanical Keyboard

Mouse Included No Dimensions 0.79 x 18.72 x 6.74 (H x W x D) Mechanical Keyboard Yes Features Razer Mechanical Switches with 50g actuation force 60 mi...
Newegg.com

RAZER RZ03-00386800-R3U1 Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth Edition Black Gaming Elite Mechanical Keyboard

#9; #9; #9; #9; #9; #9; #9; #9; #9; #9;All New Razer trade; Mechanical Switches nbsp; nbsp;Designed specifically for gaming, the all-new Razer Mechani...