Razer BlackWidow Ultimate RZ03-00380100-R3U1 Wired Keyboard Reviews

5 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

Not Best Price; Best Performance

Sep 25, 2012

Pros:USB headset ports
Great Lighting
Mechanical Tactile Feel
Looks Sick
Jealous Friends

Cons:Expensive
Loud

The Bottom Line: This is the best gaming keyboard on the market, but can be a little noisy.  Better than the normal Blackwidow.

Trying to convince my parents to let my buy this product was a nightmare, but once I had the thick cardboard box in my hands, it was all worth it.  I had spent countless hours watching youtube reviews on various gaming keyboards, read many wikipedia entries about the unique mechanical action of Razer keyboards, and basically, done my research.  Let me just start off by saying that Razer is a sweet company.  Like Steve Jobs, Razer knows what is freaking cool... And with this keyboard, they nailed it.  The 2 USB connectors make a unique system where you can plug your headset right into the keyboard, or headphones, which is a nice feature that makes sound so much more convenient.  Also, new with the Ultimate edition is the lighting in the back.  At first, I had some major trouble getting the keyboard to light up, or even work out of the box, but just know that you have to get the specific drivers installed FROM THE RAZER WEBSITE before this will work...  The backlight is incredible.  Although it doesn't change color, the light is so vivid and bright, even on the lower settings.  Don't worry, it isn't distracting, but I could notice a huge difference in my typing speed and gaming ability in the night or "darker" situations.  The main selling point is the mechanical feel of the Cherry Blue Mx keyswitches, which I believe are different from those of the original keyswitches on the Blackwidow.  Whatever is in this keyboard, it feels simply AWESOME. Every time you press a key you get a satisfying click, and a great key response.  If you are interested in sheer performance, then this is a great option, because I could notice my Starcraft APM simply jump after this was purchased.  The Razer software is pretty easy to use, and the programmable macro keys are a huge advantage in World of Warcraft.  If you play in secret or at night, like I do, then you should probably go with the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth, which might be $10 more but will be worth it.  Overall,  this is the best gaming keyboard on the market.  Note:  Some people do not enjoy the tactile feel of mechanical keys or the clicking sounds (you probably will), but if not, just go for the Stealth edition.

The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate takes you full speed into combat with a full-fledged mechanical key infrastructure delivering crisp, tactile feedback wi...