Razer BlackWidow Ultimate RZ03-00380100-R3U1 Wired Keyboard Reviews

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate RZ03-00380100-R3U1 Wired Keyboard

Razer Black Widow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Mar 1, 2013 (Updated Mar 4, 2013)

Pros:Mechanical Keys, Backlights for most keys, Protected Cables, Durable

Cons:Some keys feel flimsy, expensive, weighted,

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this because of the fact that there are few mistakes and many things to love about it.

Being a computer gamer, I want the best keyboard possible to game with. I’ve always wanted a mechanical gaming keyboard due to the fact that the mechanical keys provide ease of use when gaming. I used to game with a standard HP keyboard that had come with the computer. I didn’t like it because the keys stuck and were generally stiff. This made gaming on Fast Paced games such as Mass Effect 3 difficult. I decided to look up mechanical keyboards for a reasonable price. I found one.

This keyboard I would have to say was one of the best decisions I ever made. I had to sort through a bunch of different possibilities for a keyboard. Then I remembered one of my favorite YouTube game commentators recommending the Razer Black Widow. I happened to go to the mall a few days later and looking through Best Buy for a mechanical keyboard. There it was, The Razer Black Widow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. The last one too! I should have known Best Buy would have charged a high price for this keyboard, which I’m sure you could find a better price for it somewhere else. But that didn’t matter at the time. When I got it at Best Buy it was about one hundred and forty dollars at the time. The price may have gone down due to the newer versions of the “Black Widow” and the timing of the Review.

The utter excitement of having this keyboard almost paralyzes you as you ride home. Now I can say that when you first pick the keyboard up (to take it to the register or when it is shipped to your house) you’ll find that it has quite a weight to it. Compared to other keyboards this keyboard could be considered rather “heavy”. But aside from that there really is no Complaints, if that could be considered a complaint (though it may not be convenient for those of you who travel with your keyboards to tournaments and such).

Now for the features and specifications. The keyboard comes with a headphone and microphone jack for short wired microphones/ convenience. Along side those jacks is a single USB port. This can be used for just about anything, a wireless/wired mouse, USB flash drives, and USB headphones. This is useful because of the fact that a lot of my USB ports are already filled, plus I use a wireless mouse, and those of you that use wireless mousse know that at a certain range the cursor moves a few second after you have moved your mouse, causing your character turning or web surfing to be much slower than intended. Having that USB port allows your “mouse adapter” to be much closer to your mouse, ridding you of any lag (as far as mouse movement goes). The keyboard also has five extra keys to the far left side of the keyboard (where empty nothingness would usually be), they keys are labeled M1-M5 and are a much easier (depending on which games you play and how you game) option than some of the controls that have you reaching across the keyboard or lower than you like. Aside from those buttons, they are a combination of buttons that allow you to turn backlights on so each of your keys glow (except for certain keys that you more than like won’t use a lot).

One of my favorite features is the “Game Mode”. This mode is for those of you that have many controls in a certain game and you accidentally press the “Windows Key” a lot. This mode completely disables the window key until you turn “Game Mode” off. This is useful for when you accidentally hit the “Windows Key”, a stated above. Usually, when you are playing a full screen game and you hit the windows key it exits the full screen and pulls up the windows tab thing. The last two features that I like are the Cables they you plug from the keyboard into the computer are Braided (I Think) and covered in a thick cloth kind of thing (don’t know how to describe it). Every single key on the keyboard is mechanical, and by that I mean EACH INDIVIDUAL KEY.

I haven’t really gotten a chance to test the spare keys to the side, but other than that I have tested it in other ways. If you are worried about spilling drinks on it and ruining it, you probably shouldn’t worry. I have spilled Water, various juices (apple juice, orange juice, etc.) and Milk on the keyboard (and didn’t even cry). I play Mass Effect 3 so I can say the keys are quite durable, I know this due to the fact that in certain situations you must mash a certain key in order to survive something. I don’t like mashing the spacebar though, I always feel like it is going to break or fall off the keyboard, aside from that the keyboard feels pretty sturdy. I haven’t dropped it yet (there really shouldn’t be any reason to). There really isn’t much more to say about the keyboard, it’s a great keyboard with little to no problems what-so-ever. My only real problem with it is the price, like I said, it was $140.00.

So, here is the basic overview if you didn’t feel like reading all of the above. The keyboard is great with individual mechanical keys, features one USB port on the side nest to a pair of Headphone and Microphone jacks. The connecting cable is well protected. The keyboard can withstand some abuse (not saying you should purposely do bad things to it) such as drinks and foods (and button mashing). It comes with backlights for late night gaming and typing. Problems include Flimsy feeling spacebar (though it may be the most durable key on the keyboard) and the fact that it takes up 2 USB ports and the Headphone and Microphone jack on the back (though it makes up for that). There is nothing else to say, other than I would recommend this to anyone looking for a mechanical gaming keyboard and has a budget that will allow the hundred dollar price.

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Pc Gaming Keyboard, Free Shipping,

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Pc Gaming Keyboard, Free Shipping,

With 109 backlit, fully programmable mechanical keys, this Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 keyboard offers enhanced control over your gaming experience...

RAZER - GAMING RZ03-00384600-R3U1 RAZER BLACKWIDOW ULTIMATE 2014

Buy at Newegg.com RAZER BlackWidow Chroma RZ03-01220200-R3U1 USB Wired Gaming RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Newegg.com

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Razerô Mechanical Switches, Audio Out / Mic In Jacks, USB Braided Fiber Cable - RZ03-00384600-R3U1, Keyboards & Keypads

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard Take PC gaming to another level with the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard. This gaming keyboard com...
TigerDirect.com

Sealed Razer Blackwidow Rz03-00390100-r3u1 Wired Keyboard

Sealed Razer Blackwidow Rz03-00390100-r3u1 Wired Keyboard

The Razer BlackWidow is the first mechanical gaming keyboard designed to pave the way for a whole new feel and accelerated gameplay. A full mechanical...

RAZER - GAMING RZ03-00392800-R3U1 RAZER BLACKWIDOW 2014
Razer Illuminated Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard - Black (RZ03-00384600-R3U1)

Find computer and video game controllers at Target.com! Razer illuminated blackwidow ultimate gaming keyboard - black (rz03-00384600-r3u1)

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard

Benefiting from the mechanical key technology, the Razer BlackWidow RZ03-00390100-R3U1 keyboard gives a superior tactile feedback to enhance your game...
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Keyboard - Cable - Usb - Computer - (rz0300384600r3u1)

Razer USA RZ03-00384600-R3U1 BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 - keyboard