Razer Carcharias Black Headband Headsets for Multi-Platform Reviews

Razer Carcharias Black Headband Headsets for Multi-Platform

Gaming with Quality

Feb 23, 2012

Pros:Comforable, Quality, Adjustable

Cons:Lengthy cord often gets in the way, Price

The Bottom Line:

A high quality Headset capable for delivering top quality sound for the gamer in need.

As a frequent gamer, I have been in need of a video gamers headset that will not break. I have had a few brands in my days but rarely has one lasted me a year. Normally a typical headset for me would break via the microphone or the size-extenders. Although what I really needed this time was something that would allow me to maintain my level of sound quality that my normal Logitech speakers provide.

After looking around a bit my friend explained she had done some research and found the Razor Carcharias. Razor being the company who I had bought my computer mouse from I decided to make a purchase.

Comfort

The Head set comes with velvet like padding placed around the ear pieces. This almost feels like miniature pillow around your ears. This allowed me to be able to where it for a longer period of time without having to succumb to sore ears, which often happens with other headsets that only come with a thin layer of foam. The ear pieces are also large enough to fit above average sized ears as well. Another feature that comes with the headset design is the cord cable comes covered in nylon. This creates a soft cord that’s not irritating to you or painful if you roll your arm over like I have before...

Adjustable

The headsets come with the standard features of most headsets with adjustable length to fit any shape of head out there. The Microphone attachment swings in a 90 degree angle, from up to down, with the microphone mouth piece being adjustable to pose closer to your face or away.

Sound quality & features

The quality is one of the best I’ve heard in a headset. I can hear just about every little detail in a game with this headset. Rain has never sounded better and I can hear the debris of buildings crumble and fall away, due to the very clear level of sound.

Also another addition to the great sound quality is the microphone comes with filtering. This will help you have a clear conversation over any other form of microphone communication that you may have such as Ventrilo, Skype, Xfire Etc.The headset also comes with a volume control device placed on the cord itself with a dial for volume and a mute button for the microphone.

Cons

Even though you have almost roughly 10 feet in cable length, the cord can be somewhat to long if your one of those people who only use headphones at a computer. Many times have I had it get run over by my chair or found it frustratingly tangled with every other cord I have down by my computer.Another thing I noticed was it uses the standard headset jack. This may be a annoyance for people who prefer USB as with me.

Overall, this is a great headset for a gamer willing to pay a the extra dollar and get that extra quality for sound and comfort.

Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Razer Usa RZ04-00...