Razer (RZ01-00151400-R3) Mouse (RZ0100151400R3U1)

Death Adder, not just your son or daughters mouse.

Dec 28, 2012

Pros:Comfortable, ease of cleaning, stylish, quality, fully customizable buttons, different profiles

Cons:On-the-Fly sensitivity and profile switching difficult

The Bottom Line: Very good mouse if you do not need to switch profiles or DPI often.

I purchased my Death Adder after reading plenty of reviews about gaming mice. I decided on this one because of the 3500 DPI that it was capable of and the two side key bind buttons.
I use keybindings in my game called World of Warcraft, and I wasn't looking to use as many as the Razer Naga had (12 buttons). The Death Adder is a simple gaming mouse but still boasts plenty of quality details. From the sensitivity right down the way it's held and the texture of the mouse.
The Death Adder has a almost rubber-like feel to it unlike the smooth plastic feel of most mice, and is easily cleaned of finger grease with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol. The raised left and right click buttons are a bit louder than most and make a very distinct click noise when pressed but they aren't annoying, and the scroll wheel is silent. No more clicking when you have to scroll.
As far as the hand crud that gets into the mouse during the process of use, the raised left and right click buttons are easily cleaned under with a toothpick, and then a Q-Tip with a small amount of rubbing alcohol. Same for the lines around the mouse holding the bottom and top together.

The Death Adder comes with software that once installed is called 'Razer Synapse'. You can choose either to put in the CD and automatically run the software and drivers, or you can go to the Razer website and find the drivers you need, then download those.
It takes up very little space on your hard drive and through this you can customize everything about your mouse. Even though the mouse can go up to 3500 DPI I usually used around 1800-2000 depending on the chore I was doing. 1800 for browsing the Internet, and 2000 for gaming because I dual monitor and I find it better to have a higher DPI to get around both monitors quickly.
You can set up customized profiles in which you set the levels of DPI, Polling rate, light set up, and macros. To switch between these profiles you will have to flip the mouse upside down and click the small rectangular black button near the middle of the mouse. This also controls the on-the-fly sensitivity settings that you can control without actually setting it up in Synapse. I found that this was a inconvenience, and never used this function, because a few seconds lost healing in my game could mean a dead team member.
The only thing that I disliked about this software was that if you used it on a new computer you would have to set up your specifications all over as there is no on board memory.

The feel of the mouse was a bit hard for me to get used to. I went from a tiny Microsoft mouse with no key bind buttons, to this monster. I could hardly reach the front key bind button, but the back one was no problem. The way the mouse sat in my hand was not comfortable at all either because I hold my mice with the top of my hand raised slightly, not resting on the mouse completely. The Death Adder is very low profile and doesn't support this sort of hand position. The scroll wheel was in the perfect position for my hand and was the most comfortable thing to use about this mouse, and can also be customized to perform a different function in your Razer Synapse.
If you have large hands, and rest your hand on the mouse then this would be a very good choice if you are looking closely for comfort.

This mouse of course comes with a braided cable and the gold plated USB that gamers expect, and is branded with a blue back-lighted Razer mamba snake logo at the base of the mouse. The scroll wheel is a white soft plastic and lights up the same exact blue as the Razer logo, and has little indentations along for easier scrolling.
Both the logo and scroll wheel lights can be customized to be on/off in the Razer Synapse software that is included with this mouse.

Everyone I have told I prefer Razer mice to always complain about their quality, but I never had a single problem with this mouse, and now own another Razer mouse called the Imperator. I am absolutely happy with my experiences with both minus the problems due to my hand size and the way I hold my mouse. Because of this I have given this mouse to my mother.
She has bigger hands than I do and loves how comfortable the mouse is, she also loves the fact that the scroll wheel does not make clicking sounds, which I mentioned above. But she doesn't like the light up logo, she was surprised when I told her that she can choose to turn it off, and she now has no qualms about this mouse whatsoever.
I'm only taking a star off because Razer refused to put a more accessible DPI/Profile adjust button on what would have been a perfect gaming mouse.

Razer Rz01-00510100-r3u1 Naga Epic Elite Mmo Gaming Mouse

Razer Rz01-00510100-r3u1 Naga Epic Elite Mmo Gaming Mouse

Razer RZ01-00510100-R3U1 Naga Epic Elite MMO Gaming Mouse 17 MMO-optimized buttons Wired/Wireless dual mode capability 3 interchangeable side panels C...

Razer - RZ01-00510100-R3U1 Naga Epic Elite MMO Gaming Mouse - 17 MMO-Opt, Mice & Trackball

Razer RZ01-00510100-R3U1 Naga Epic Elite MMO Gaming Mouse Enrich your gaming session using the Razer Naga Epic Elite MMO Gaming Mouse. This gaming mou...
TigerDirect.com

Razer - RZ01-00840100-R3U1 - Mouse RZ01-00840100-R3U1 DeathAdder 2013 Gaming Mouse 6400dpi USB Wired Retail

6400dpi 4G Optical SensorThe all-new Razer DeathAdder has been upgraded with the worlds first 6400dpi Optical Sensor. Achieve high levels of performan...
Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse - Black (RZ01-00840100-R3U1)

Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse - Black (RZ01-00840100-R3U1)

Find computer and video game controllers at Target.com! Named the best gaming mouse after 100+ hours of testing, the razer deathadder has a 6400dpi 4g...

Razer DeathAdder RZ01-00151700-W1M1 Mouse - Infrared - Wired - 5 Button(s) - Left-handed - Retail - RAZER - RZ01-00151700-W1M1

RAZER - RZ01-00151700-W1M1 Razer DeathAdder RZ01-00151700-W1M1 Mouse - Infrared - Wired - 5 Button(s) - Left-handed - Retail Infrared - Cable - Retail...
Razer Spectre Starcraft Ii Gaming Mouse rz01-00430100-r3u1

Razer Spectre Starcraft Ii Gaming Mouse rz01-00430100-r3u1

NEW Razer Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse RZ01-00430100-R3U1 Lightweight, Finger-Grip 5 Button Mouse. 5600 DPI Laser Sensor Ultrapolling (1000Hz Pol...

Razer RZ01-00840400-R3M1 Razer Mouse RZ01-00840400-R3M1 DeathAdder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse 6400dpi
Razer Mouse RZ01-00750100-R3U1 Naga Hex Laser Gaming 5600dpi 6-Buttons USB Retail

Level up, beat enemy heroes, kill the end-boss, take all the loot.An all-new gaming mouse from Razer designed solely for winning at action-RPG and MOB...
Razer Naga Epic Elite Mmo Gaming Mouse Rz01-00510100-r3u1 5600 Dpi Laser Usb

Razer Naga Epic Elite Mmo Gaming Mouse Rz01-00510100-r3u1 5600 Dpi Laser Usb

Template WE CANNOT SHIP TO ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO or APO/FPO ADDRESSES Delivery address MUST be a street address, UPS CANNOT deliver to PO Boxes....

Razer Mouse RZ01-00510100-R3U1 Razer Naga Epic MMO Gaming Mouse Wireless 2.4GHz 5600dpi Black

The Razer Naga Epic MMO Gaming Mouse is the upgrade to the original award-winning and massively popular Razer Naga that shifts the balance between the...