Red Bull Energy Drink

Red Bull Energy Drink.Yuck! Give Me A Pepsi Instead

May 6, 2007 (Updated May 8, 2007)

Pros:easy to open, lol

Cons:Do not like the taste

The Bottom Line: yuck!!

Some background information about Red Bull from the manufacturer web site "Back in the early 80s, Dietrich Mateschitz, now managing partner of Red Bull GmbH, often travelled to Asia on business. There he came across some very popular energy drinks. With his uncanny instinct for successful product innovations, he brought back to Austria a small sample of the energy drinks and a big idea. Then with a clear vision and a lot of scientific know-how he developed a new kind of drink hitherto unknown in Europe. And so the Red Bull Energy Drink was born."

Over the last few years I just do not have as much energy as I used to. With two kids, work, daily chores, errands, etc., I just want to sleep all day long and if I could I would. I can't believe 4 to 5 years ago I could party all night, go out to a 24 hour restaurant afterwards and get 1 or two hours of sleep and be ready for the next day..those days are long gone. So with all the hype about energy drinks and watching the commercials for Red Bull Energy Drink, claiming it "gives you wings", I just had to try it. Anything to help me get through the day without needing a nap. Taking vitamins, eating right and daily exercise are just not working like I would like.

On a recent trip to a nearby Speedway gas station I bought a 8 ounce can of Red Bull Energy Drink for 1.59. It was only 9 in the morning and I just woke up 1 1/2 hours before and already wanted to go back to bed. I decided this would be the day to try an energy drink. I decided on Red Bull Energy Drink, mostly because it was the cheapest one there.

I bought the Red Bull with sugar of course, they also have a sugar free version in a light blue and grey can, with the infamous red bull in the middle. The loaded with sugar version Red Bull is in a dark blue and grey can.

Needing some energy quickly, I opened the Red Bull Energy Drink with its easy pop top and took a drink...yuck. Thank god it was only a sip and not a big gulp. I hated the taste. It was a bittersweet citrus taste and left a bad after taste. I did manage to drink 3/4 of the can. I did want to see if it did give me more energy throughout the day. I did get energy from drinking Red Bull, but not anymore then I do from drinking a Pepsi.

Out of curiousity, I took a sip of Red Bull after it sat in my car a few hours and it tasted a little better warm. Of course I don't like my drinks warm, so I only took a sip.

Ingredients they forgot to put some taste in there
Taurine, caffeine, B-group vitamins, glucuronolactone, sucrose, glucose, acesulfame K, aspartame/sucralose.

Benefits of Red BullŪ Energy Drink taken from website.
Red Bull is a functional beverage with a special formulation and combination of ingredients. It has been specially developed for times of increased mental and physical exertion. In addition, Red Bull vitalizes the body and mind. It also helps in stimulating your metabolism.

Red Bulls effects are appreciated throughout the world by top athletes, busy professionals, active students and drivers on long journeys.

I recommend Red Bull Energy Drinks to anyone who can manage to drink them. They are good for those night owls, party animals, students needing to study all night for that exam the next day and anyone who needs a pick me up. Of course you could also stick with coffee or the good old soda. Red Bull is available in most convience stores and grocery stores from $1.59 to $1.99 a can, prices could be slightly higher/lower everywhere.

Red Bull Blue Edition Energy Drink 8.4 Oz Cans - Case of 24

Red Bull Blue Edition Energy Drink 8.4 Oz Cans - Case of 24

Red Bull Blue Edition Energy Drink 8.4 Oz Cans have been keeping people going for years. The Blue Edition has the same energizing effect as regular Re...
Red Bull Energy Drink, Original, 8.3 Oz., Box Of 24

Red Bull Energy Drink, Original, 8.3 Oz., Box Of 24

A special formulation and combination of ingredients for increased mental and physical exertion Contains B-Group vitamins, taurine, glucuonolactone, c...
Office Depot

Red Bull Energy Drink - 24 pk. - 8.4 oz.

Red Bull Energy Drink - 24 pk. - 8.4 oz.

Red Bull revitalizes your body and mind.
Red Bull Energy Drink Diversion Safe Can+Free Pack of 1 1/4 Rasta Wrap

Red Bull Energy Drink Diversion Safe Can+Free Pack of 1 1/4 Rasta Wrap

Handcrafted from a real Red Bull can Good for holding cash and jewelry Weighs the same as a full can Undetectable screw off top Hide your valuable in ...
Red Bull Sugar Free Energy Drink - 8.4 oz. - 24 pk.

Red Bull Sugar Free Energy Drink - 8.4 oz. - 24 pk.

Red Bull revitalizes your body and mind.
Red Bull 122114 Red Bull Energy Drink, Sugar-Free, 8.4 oz Can, 24/Carton

Red Bull 122114 Red Bull Energy Drink, Sugar-Free, 8.4 oz Can, 24/Carton

Vitalize mind and body.Energize yourself while improving your ability to focus and concentrate.Contains taurine, caffeine and B-group vitamins.
Red Bull RBD99124 Red Bull Energy Drink, Original Flavor, 8.4 oz Can, 24/Carton

Red Bull RBD99124 Red Bull Energy Drink, Original Flavor, 8.4 oz Can, 24/Carton

Energy Drink Diversion Safe Can 12oz - Hide Protect Secure Valuables Jewelry

Energy Drink Diversion Safe Can 12oz - Hide Protect Secure Valuables Jewelry

Ebay Store | Price Match Policy | Payment Info | | Store Policy | Why buy from us | Contact us Red Bull Energy Drink Diversion Safe 12oz - Protect Yo...