Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner (1027) Reviews

Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner (1027)

A MUST FOR PERMED HAIR

Mar 13, 2005

Pros:Conditions superbly and also brings back shine.

Cons:Can be costly for long hair.

The Bottom Line: Although I don't think this product gives your hair definition, I recommend it for its conditioning capabilities and its ability to bring back shine to dull hair.

A couple of years ago, I had a perm which, at first, put out long shiny curls. After a couple of months, I noticed the frizzies starting to form and there was a dry, brittleness to the feel of my hair. I was mortified. My perm was starting to look bushy and unkempt at which time I realized, it needed some serious help in the conditioning area.

I had always used Biolage for normal hair but it didn’t seem to be doing the trick here. I tried some other conditioner brands such as Paul Mitchell, Aussie and Vidal Sassoon. Even thought they were for use on permed hair, my hair continued to stay dry and frizzy with no shine at all.

Finally, I went to the hairdressers to trim the ends and that was when I was introduced to REDKEN FRESH CURLS. It was $12.95 for an 8 oz bottle. The hairdresser said she recommends it to all her customers with permed hair and could guarantee it would make a difference in its condition.

Redken claims FRESH CURLS is specially formulated for people who love their curls and want to show them off with perfection. It contains coconut oil to soften and smooth, calcium to help stabilize and refine curl shape and honey to help moisturize. The entire line works together to de-frizz, define and moisturize for better-than-ever curls. So the three major ingredients are:

Coconut Oil = frizz control
Calcium = helps curl definition
Honey = helps moisturize

Combined with:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Behentrimonium Chloride, Coconut Oil, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isostearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Isopropyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Clyceryl Stearate, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Guar Hydroxyproplytrimonium Chloride, Calcium Gluconate, Honey, Disodium EDTA, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Oleth-20, Disodium Cocolyzed Sweet Almond Protein, Phosphoric Acid, Arginine HCI, Taurine, Olive Fruit Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben.

REDKEN FRESH CURLS comes in a blue/green plastic 8oz bottle with a pop-off cap for easy use. The conditioner itself is white, thick and creamy. On application (and because I had long hair, I double-dipped on the quarter sized amount), it clung to the hair really well. I liked the scent, it smelled clean and fresh. I would wash my hair first, apply the conditioner, then take my shower before rinsing it out so it stayed in my hair a good ten minutes or more. I like long, hot showers.

I noticed the difference as soon as I was rinsing. The tangles just fell out while my hair was still wet. My hair felt like silk when it was wet, very clean and very conditioned. After towel drying, the comb would just glide through, very rarely would I encounter a tangle after the application. My perm was a wash and wear so after towel drying and combing, I would scrunch it to my scalp a few times and let it air dry.

The shine immediately returned to my hair although it took a few applications before the frizzies calmed down. This product conditioned my hair really well and brought back the moisture my hair needed. It was a little costly though. I would use a whole bottle in two to three weeks but the results were worth it.

IN CONCLUSION:

With REDKEN FRESH CURLS, I noticed no build-up on my hair at all. I liked the clean scent and it conditioned my hair and brought the frizzies under control. However, I had to use another leave-in product to define the curls more so I don’t think it did its job in this area. On the whole, I would recommend this product to anyone who has fine, permed or curly hair with the frizzies. I have fine hair, I cannot speak for results to thicker hair.

Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner 1 oz

Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner 1 oz

Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner 1 oz - Provides instant activation, frizz-controlled definition, moisture and strength, Boosts fine, lazy curls, Define...

Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo - 10.1 oz

Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo - 10.1 oz

What it is: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo cleanses with an abundant, moisturizing lather. What it does: Proteins fortify the hair while coconut oil pr...
SleekHair.com

Suave Professionals Conditioner Captivating Curls 12.6 Ounce (pack Of 6)

Suave Professionals Conditioner Captivating Curls 12.6 Ounce (pack Of 6)

YAYA Store NEW Suave Professionals Conditioner Captivating Curls 12.6 Ounce (Pack of 6) $$$ $22.07 $29.95 $ $$$ Item Description Salon quality hair ca...

Redken Fresh Curls Spin Control 5oz Original

Redken Fresh Curls Spin Control 5oz Original

Redken Fresh Curls Spin Control 5oz Original - Curl Defining Leave In Treatment reduces volume while refining the shape of the curl. It keeps curls sm...

Redken Fresh Curls Spin Control 5oz Tapered Bottle

Redken Fresh Curls Spin Control 5oz Tapered Bottle

Redken Fresh Curls Spin Control 5oz Tapered Bottle Curl defining leave-in treatment smoothly defines the shape of curly hair. Price is per 1 bottle
Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo Moisture And Frizz Control For Curly Hair 10.1 Oz

Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo Moisture And Frizz Control For Curly Hair 10.1 Oz

Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo Moisture And Frizz Control For Curly Hair 10.1 oz

Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo Moisture And Frizz Control For Curly Hair 10.1 oz Comes Brand new, 100% Authentic no knockoff!
Redken Fresh Curls Anti-Frizz Shiner 0.5 oz

Redken Fresh Curls Anti-Frizz Shiner 0.5 oz

Redken Fresh Curls Anti-Frizz Shiner 0.5 oz - GREAT TRAVEL SIZE.  THIS IS A SMALL ONE USE TUBE.   Powerful all day humidity seal for curly hair smooth...