Remington MS2-390 Cord/Cordless Rechargeable  Men's Electric Shaver Reviews

Remington MS2-390 Cord/Cordless Rechargeable Men's Electric Shaver

Free Shipping FactoryOutletStore

Decent for the price - UPDATED!

Jan 20, 2011 (Updated Jan 28, 2012)

Pros:Cheap, ergonomic, does the job.

Cons:Feels a bit light, disposable, and just cheaper.

The Bottom Line: Recommend to buy - with the slight reservations noted!

I've been using Remington shavers since my dad gave me his old one when I was off to university back in the mid-1980s.  I've tried a few other brands since, notably Braun, but I've always come back - especially to the Microscreen series, which I have always liked.

Now, they've always been a bit spendy, which always meant that I had to find a sale when I needed a replacement, or I had to get the replacement bits like the foil and cutters.  And they're not cheap, but it seemed worth it when you got several years' use out of them

But now we can buy something like this shaver for less than half what they used to cost, not even taking inflation into account.

How do they do that, and how does it shave?

Well, it probably doesn't need saying...but I will.  It's made in China.  It feels cheaper and lighter than all my previous ones (the most recent of which was a reconditioned made in Austria one).  I'm guessing (but admit to not knowing) that the labor is cheaper, they use NiCad batteries (although I think they all do that), and they use the same, cheap, standard travel cases for all their makes now.

That said, the design is pretty decently ergonomic - it's nice to hold and it gets the contours of the chin pretty well.

In common with another reviewer, I see that the recharge light comes on more frequently than I'm used to - after about 5 days or so.  But it carries on shaving for a few days after that, so I'm guessing a charge will give a week of shaving more or less for most people.

The shave quality is...OK.  Not great, not terrible.  I have tough hairs, but previous shavers have not given me as many ingrowns as this appears to do.

The trimmer is acceptable, but again, not great.  It struggles with my sideburn trimming - but manages it in the end.

So, I'm not in love with this shaver, but the days of made in USA or made in Europe shavers are not going to come back at the kind of price that they are making these for - which probably means an end for some of their accessories - but more people just buying a new shaver when this one inevitably (it feels) dies.

I don't think that's a great way to do shavers - but I guess its an economic model that works for Remington.

-------
JANUARY 2012 UPDATE

So after about a year or so, the foil needed replacing.  That seems a bit faster than usual, but I ponied up the $15 odd from Amazon for the foil and cutter replacement.

Despite this financial addition to the overall cost, I'm now increasingly happy with the shaver.  I'm finding that if I ignore the flashing light and use the shaver until it more or less completely runs down, I'm getting something like 2 weeks of shaving out of it - sometimes a little more.

I didn't use it for a while (one of the cutters dropped out and I couldn't find it for a couple of weeks) and compared to the single foil Braun I used in the interim, this is head and shoulders above it.

I still have concerns about how light it feels, but I am going to add another star to this review - up from three to four stars, as it is still going strong a year and a half into its life - which is as it should be.

So - more recommended than previously!

Great price! Buy with confidence! This auction is for a brand new, factory sealed Remington MS2-390 Microscreen 500 Rechargeable/Corded Men's Shaver P...

About Us |eBay Store |Shipping |Returns |Payment |FAQ's | GPS GPS Accessories GPS Units Shop by Brand Personal Care Replacement Heads Kids Toothbrushe...
About Us Ebay Store Shipping Returns Payment FAQ's Top Brands: Plantronics Polycom Samsung Panasonic Garmin Motorola AT T Humminbird Norelco Braun Son...
Remington MS2-390 Brand New Includes Two Year Warranty, Replaces MS2-370, Titanium Microscreen 2x Shaver, 2 Super Flexing Screens, 3-Position Trimmer,...
FactoryOutletStore