Resident Evil 2  (Nintendo GameCube, 2003) Reviews

Resident Evil 2 (Nintendo GameCube, 2003)

G-Virus is Back in Style

Aug 8, 2003

Pros:-Just like the original

Cons:-Umm....Just like the original..

The Bottom Line: Buy it if you liked it on PS, buy it if you've never played it, rent it if you hate the genre ("Free your mind."--Neo)

Resident Evil. The holiest of all survival horror series out there. Thanks to the BRILLIANT minds at Capcom, all Resident Evil games are being ported to the gamecube.
I played RE#1 recently on my Cube, but I also rented #2. If you remember, RE#2 was about Leon Kennedy, a rookie cop starting his first day, and Claire Redfield, looking for her brother, the legendary Chris Redfield. The game weaves an intricate storyline, combining the fates of the two unlikely protagonists into a rich, creamy plot in the center.
The key to winning the game is conservation: There are only so many boxes of Shotgun Shells and First Aid sprays before there aren't anymore. Most V-ACTs (I call the zombies by their true names) only require a head shot from the handgun (which is easy to pull off, by the way).
After you beat the game, you unlock secondary quests, which are harder than the first, you actually have quite a few encounters with what looks to be John Shaft, but, in reality, is a tyrant who wears panties. Go to the last battle. You'll see.

Unlike Capcom's release of the original Resident Evil on GameCube, which was a revamped game designed to take advantage of the 128-bit platform, Resid...