Restonic ComfortCare Mattress Reviews

Restonic ComfortCare Mattress

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Horrible after 3-4 years --- sinks big time in the middle

May 23, 2004 (Updated May 24, 2004)

Pros:Feels great for two years! There are no other pros known to me!

Cons:The entire middle (almost to the edges) sunk in 5" deep within four years.

The Bottom Line: Do not buy... Mattress sags 5" easily within 5 yrs and about 4 ft wide! Must rotate, flip over every 2-3 months... but won't make a difference.

So much for their "magical middle!" Although, I enjoyed this Mattress for the first 2-3 years, in about 4 years the entire middle began to sag to now (6 years) about 5" deep. And that's within their 15 year no charge Warranty!

I bought their top of the line Mattress at that time (late 1997/early 1998) due to a recommendation from a friend whom loved it at The Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur, CA... which is a luxury resort.

Two years ago (today is May 2004), The Post Ranch Inn also changed their Mattresses to a different manufacturer. My guess is due to the Mattress's easy wear and poor performance in only a few years of service.

I just sent an email and will follow-up with Restonic to see if they will replace it free of charge as their Warranty states.

All consumers are hard pressed to get accurate and competitive information on any Mattress, due to the Industries love of having different names, labels, colors, and prices offered by their retail outlets -- for the same Mattress! So, I truly have no clue as to which Mattress this one is. Nonetheless, obviously I find it a bit ironic that Restonic's marketing garb is all about their magic middle, when that's the one that fails!

If it helps, here's the actual Mattress Mfg Label that's sewn into the Mattress itself and is likely the only REAL identifier:

Mattress Embedded Label:
Restonic Comfort Care, Sophisticated Plush, Made of Wool.. states "The Comfort You Want... The Support You Need!"

Restonic Queen (note: it's with a plush pillow top on both sides, and I had religiously flip-flopped and rotated the that heavy Mattress every two months to no avail... both side have a sunken middle!).

Hanging Label attached:
Restonic 80x80 (although its a Queen Size)
Net Weight: 69lbs
REG#: CA-17064
Restonic San Francisco/Burlingam (California)
Warranty: "B1"
Lot# 39452
W/O#: 128140 PTCC15089MO
Mfg Date: 9/2/97

I'll amend this review with how Restonic replies to my request for a Replacement Bed (which I'll likely give to my Mother, as I'll be getting a Std King from a well known top line Manufacturer (Chattam & Wells).

Incidentally, this Mattress is (soon to be was) slept in mostly just by me... and I weigh about 175lbs.

Several respondents asked about their coil count, handles, and other particulars. Frankly, this matters little as it depends on the coil gauge, if it's hard tempered or not, varying (multiple) heights of their coils, edge support method, spring box design, etc.

As far as the Handles, there are two on each long side, none on the ends, and it's not worth the effort to try to use them. I go to the Gym instead to flip this thing! :-)

The bottom line is that this Mattress is awful for the price, and pales in construction and comfort to something like Chattam & Wells, or any other higher end Mattress. If one buys an any inexpensive Mattress (albeit, this one cost me about $1500), the result will be short term comfort, the need to replace it within 4-5 years max, and then the new warranty quickly expires (i.e. doesn't add another 10 years or so).

Sooo... if one has the money, it makes best sense to spend more for a higher quality Mattress. I also believe the future is in Memory Foam Mattresses, such as Temperpedic which does provide outstanding back support and overall comfort... the only problem is there's no bounce and I like that for that (sadly) occasional love making! (smile)

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
DF, San Francisco

Twin Restonic Comfort Care Andover Firm Double Sided Mattress Set

Twin Restonic Comfort Care Andover Firm Double Sided Mattress Set

The Restonic Comfort Care Andover Firm Double Sided Mattress comes in Cal King, King, Queen, Full, Twin XL, and Twin mattress sizes.

Full Restonic Comfort Care Allura Firm Mattress Set

Full Restonic Comfort Care Allura Firm Mattress Set

The Restonic Comfort Care Allura Firm Mattress comes in Cal King, King, Queen, Full, Twin XL, and Twin mattress sizes.

Queen Restonic Comfort Care Andover Firm Double Sided Mattress Set

Queen Restonic Comfort Care Andover Firm Double Sided Mattress Set

King Restonic Comfort Care Andover Firm Double Sided Mattress Set

King Restonic Comfort Care Andover Firm Double Sided Mattress Set

Full Restonic Comfort Care Andover Firm Double Sided Mattress Set

Full Restonic Comfort Care Andover Firm Double Sided Mattress Set

Full Restonic Comfort Care Allura Plush Mattress Set

Full Restonic Comfort Care Allura Plush Mattress Set

The Restonic Comfort Care Allura Plush Mattress comes in Cal King, King, Queen, Full, Twin XL, and Twin mattress sizes.

Queen Restonic Comfort Care Brookhaven Firm Double Sided Mattress Set

Queen Restonic Comfort Care Brookhaven Firm Double Sided Mattress Set

The Restonic Brookhaven firm mattress uses wool and latex to sleep cooler at night.

Full Restonic Comfort Care Andover Pillow Top Double Sided Mattress Set

Full Restonic Comfort Care Andover Pillow Top Double Sided Mattress Set

The Restonic Comfort Care Andover Pillow Top Double Sided Mattress comes in Cal King, Queen, Full, Twin XL, and Twin mattress sizes.

Queen Restonic Comfort Care Brookhaven Pillow Top Double Sided Mattress Set

Queen Restonic Comfort Care Brookhaven Pillow Top Double Sided Mattress Set

The Restonic Brookhaven Pillow Top mattress uses wool and latex to sleep cooler at night.

King Restonic Comfort Care Brookhaven Firm Double Sided Mattress Set