Restonic ComfortCare Mattress Reviews

Restonic ComfortCare Mattress

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Horrible after 3-4 years --- sinks big time in the middle

May 23, 2004 (Updated May 24, 2004)

Pros:Feels great for two years! There are no other pros known to me!

Cons:The entire middle (almost to the edges) sunk in 5" deep within four years.

The Bottom Line: Do not buy... Mattress sags 5" easily within 5 yrs and about 4 ft wide! Must rotate, flip over every 2-3 months... but won't make a difference.

So much for their "magical middle!" Although, I enjoyed this Mattress for the first 2-3 years, in about 4 years the entire middle began to sag to now (6 years) about 5" deep. And that's within their 15 year no charge Warranty!

I bought their top of the line Mattress at that time (late 1997/early 1998) due to a recommendation from a friend whom loved it at The Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur, CA... which is a luxury resort.

Two years ago (today is May 2004), The Post Ranch Inn also changed their Mattresses to a different manufacturer. My guess is due to the Mattress's easy wear and poor performance in only a few years of service.

I just sent an email and will follow-up with Restonic to see if they will replace it free of charge as their Warranty states.

All consumers are hard pressed to get accurate and competitive information on any Mattress, due to the Industries love of having different names, labels, colors, and prices offered by their retail outlets -- for the same Mattress! So, I truly have no clue as to which Mattress this one is. Nonetheless, obviously I find it a bit ironic that Restonic's marketing garb is all about their magic middle, when that's the one that fails!

If it helps, here's the actual Mattress Mfg Label that's sewn into the Mattress itself and is likely the only REAL identifier:

Mattress Embedded Label:
Restonic Comfort Care, Sophisticated Plush, Made of Wool.. states "The Comfort You Want... The Support You Need!"

Restonic Queen (note: it's with a plush pillow top on both sides, and I had religiously flip-flopped and rotated the that heavy Mattress every two months to no avail... both side have a sunken middle!).

Hanging Label attached:
Restonic 80x80 (although its a Queen Size)
Net Weight: 69lbs
REG#: CA-17064
Restonic San Francisco/Burlingam (California)
Warranty: "B1"
Lot# 39452
W/O#: 128140 PTCC15089MO
Mfg Date: 9/2/97

I'll amend this review with how Restonic replies to my request for a Replacement Bed (which I'll likely give to my Mother, as I'll be getting a Std King from a well known top line Manufacturer (Chattam & Wells).

Incidentally, this Mattress is (soon to be was) slept in mostly just by me... and I weigh about 175lbs.

Several respondents asked about their coil count, handles, and other particulars. Frankly, this matters little as it depends on the coil gauge, if it's hard tempered or not, varying (multiple) heights of their coils, edge support method, spring box design, etc.

As far as the Handles, there are two on each long side, none on the ends, and it's not worth the effort to try to use them. I go to the Gym instead to flip this thing! :-)

The bottom line is that this Mattress is awful for the price, and pales in construction and comfort to something like Chattam & Wells, or any other higher end Mattress. If one buys an any inexpensive Mattress (albeit, this one cost me about $1500), the result will be short term comfort, the need to replace it within 4-5 years max, and then the new warranty quickly expires (i.e. doesn't add another 10 years or so).

Sooo... if one has the money, it makes best sense to spend more for a higher quality Mattress. I also believe the future is in Memory Foam Mattresses, such as Temperpedic which does provide outstanding back support and overall comfort... the only problem is there's no bounce and I like that for that (sadly) occasional love making! (smile)

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
DF, San Francisco

ComfortCare Dining Set - Table Size: 71

ComfortCare Dining Set - Table Size: 71

INF1230: [***INCLUDED IN THIS SET: (1)ComfortCare 7 Piece Dining Set. Please note other items that may be shown in this photo are not included.] Featu...
Infinita Corporation ComfortCare Barstool Cushion INF1267 Fabric: Cocoa

Infinita Corporation ComfortCare Barstool Cushion INF1267 Fabric: Cocoa

Fabric: Cocoa Infinita Corporation INF1267 The Sunbrella cushion set for ComfortCare bar and counter stools! One fits all models. Features: -Sunbrell...

Comfortcare Barstool Sunbrella Cushion Set - Natural

Comfortcare Barstool Sunbrella Cushion Set - Natural

Infinita Comfortcare Barstool Sunbrella Cushion Set - Natural
Infinita Corporation ComfortCare Barstool Cushion INF1267

Infinita Corporation ComfortCare Barstool Cushion INF1267

Infinita Corporation INF1267 The Sunbrella cushion set for ComfortCare bar and counter stools! One fits all models. Features: -Sunbrella canvas fabri...

Comfortcare Large Dark Desert Bronze Cast Aluminum Patio Dining Set

Comfortcare Large Dark Desert Bronze Cast Aluminum Patio Dining Set

Accommodate guests in the comfort of your own backyard with this contemporary bistro dining set. Finished in dark desert bronze, this large rectangula...
Overstock.com

$2099.99

Comfortcare Dining Chair Seat Cushion - Natural

Comfortcare Dining Chair Seat Cushion - Natural

Infinita Comfortcare Dining Chair Seat Cushion - Natural
Comfortcare Dining Chair Seat Cushion - Charcoal

Comfortcare Dining Chair Seat Cushion - Charcoal

Infinita Comfortcare Dining Chair Seat Cushion - Charcoal
Infinita Corporation ComfortCare Barstool Cushion INF1267 Fabric: Natural (White)

Fabric: Natural (White) Infinita Corporation INF1267 The Sunbrella cushion set for ComfortCare bar and counter stools! One fits all models. Features:...

Comfortcare 5-Piece Dining Set, 36 in. Round

Comfortcare 5-Piece Dining Set, 36 in. Round

Infinita Comfortcare 5-Piece Dining Set, 36 in. Round
ComfortCare Barstool Cushion (Set of 2) - Fabric: Cocoa

ComfortCare Barstool Cushion (Set of 2) - Fabric: Cocoa

INF1267: Features: -Sunbrella canvas fabric, outdoor foam.-High quality outdoor foam system.-Straps allow fixing of cushions to the barstool frame.-Ma...