Revere Copper Clad 2-1/3-Quart Whistling Tea Kettle Reviews

Revere Copper Clad 2-1/3-Quart Whistling Tea Kettle

It will whistle while you work.

Oct 5, 2002

Pros:Heats water very fast and is easy to keep clean.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: If you want a tea kettle that heats water really fast, then this is the one to buy.

About 4 months ago I was in need of a new Tea kettle. The tea kettle that I had at the time was a blue enameled tea kettle. It served me well, even though some of the enamel had some chipped spots on it. I had been using it right along until one day the whistle spout cover broke off. I knew I didn't want another enameled tea kettle, because I was constantly chipping the enamel by banging it against my sink when I had to carefully place it under my water filter that was on my faucet in my sink to fill it. Now several years ago I had a Revere Stainless Steel tea kettle which I liked very much. This is why I decided to check out some Stainless Steel tea kettles.

After checking out many brands in several stores, I finally came across a Revere Copper Clad 2 1/3 Quart Whistling Tea kettle at Wal-Mart for $15.49. Being I had a Revere Stainless Steel Tea kettle years ago, and it held up well, and I really needed a new whistIing tea kettle, I finally made a decision and purchased this tea kettle.

I really like the stainless steel finish, because it's very easy to keep clean, and it looks very nice setting on my stove top. Being it's stainless steel I don't have to worry about any chipping like my enamel tea kettle did.

It has a 2 1/3 water capacity. It's not a large size tea kettle like the Revere tea kettle I had years ago, but it's just the right size for my husband and myself now. It's large enough for us, and it doesn't look bulky sitting on my stove.

It has a black stay-cool phenolic handle, which is comfortable to hold on to and always ensures a safe pouring for me. I don't have to worry about burning my hands, while handling the tea kettle, because the handle never gets hot.

It has a trigger mechanism to open the spout. Just by inserting your finger into the ring that's below the handle and by pulling it towards you, this will enable the spout to open so you can easily pour out the water. When you remove your finger from the ring, the spout goes right back down and closes by itself.

The enameled tea kettle that I did have was rounded at the top, and the base of the tea kettle was very narrow. I always had to keep the burner on low heat which took longer to heat the water. With this Revere Stainless Steel Copper Clad Tea Kettle, the bottom has a wider base. This causes the water to get hot faster, because the tea kettle can receive maximum heating from the burners. I found that the Revere Tea Kettle with it's wider bottom does heat up a lot quicker then my enameled tea kettle did and I can put the heat on medium if I prefer.

Now you probably want to know if the whistle on the tea kettle is very loud.

Actually when the whistle goes off it is a little loud, but not that loud that it's piercing to the ears. In case you happen to be in another room, you will hear it when it starts to whistle. Although when I'm waiting for my hot water, I usually don't stray too far from the kitchen.

Is it easy to pour and fill the tea kettle?

Because of the smooth glide opening mechanism by holding the trigger ring open, it's easy to fill. As far as pouring, it has a very smooth pouring action with no dribbles or drips. With this spring loaded spout cap it makes it very convenient for filling and pouring. I do have a little arthritis in my hands, but the trigger mechanism in the Revere Tea kettle is so easy to operate, that I don't have any discomfort in my hands when I use it.

The only problem I have with filling it is, that I have a water filter attached to my faucet and I have to maneuver the tea kettle just right under the faucet to fill it. Other then that it's fine.

As with any tea kettle you should always place the tea kettle directly over the center of the burner. And it's best to use a low or medium heat. By using a high heat this could cause the handle or spout to melt.

Never allow the Revere Copper Clad Whistling tea kettle to boil dry. When the whistle sounds, it's letting you know that the water is hot enough and the tea kettle should then be turned off. After you've used the water that you need, you should always empty out the rest of the water from the tea kettle that you don't need. And never place an empty tea kettle back on the hot burner that was used to heat the water. This could cause the stainless steel to discolor if it's left empty on a hot surface.

Avoid over filling the Revere Tea kettle. An over filled tea kettle may spout hot water. It's best to keep the water level below the base of the spout. Excessive heat from the hot water spouting may also cause damage to the spout cap and whistle.

Care and Cleaning.

Like I said above, after each and every use always empty the tea kettle completely. Were lucky because we don't have any hard water problems. But if you do have hard water you may experience some lime or mineral deposits on the inside of the tea kettle as a result of hard water.

To clean the inside of the Revere Tea kettle if you do have hard water, just combine equal amounts of water and vinegar in the tea kettle. Bring to a boil, shut the tea kettle off and let it set for about 15 minutes. Then empty the tea kettle of the dissolved mineral deposits and rinse the tea kettle out well. Depending on the mineral deposits in your water, you may have to repeat this twice if necessary.

When I had my first Revere Tea kettle years ago, We had hard water where we used to live and a friend of mine was the one who told us how to clean out the mineral deposits by using the vinegar method. This worked well and I had to do this often with the vinegar solution so it wouldn't build up with minerals. But thank goodness where we live now we don't have hard water, so this is not a problem with me.

Now your probably thinking that the outside stainless steel surface of the Revere tea kettle is hard to keep clean then most other tea kettles. But I don't have a problem with that. After I've washed my breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes, I always clean off the top of my stove and I also wipe the whole surface of the Revere tea kettle down. The stainless steel surface makes it easy to keep clean and you'll never find any spattered food on my tea kettle at any time.

I like to keep the bottom of the Revere Copper Clad 2 1/3 Quart Whistling Tea kettle clean also. Every so often I use a copper cleaner with a sponge and clean the bottom of the tea kettle. Being the bottom is copper, I've found that a copper bottom also conducts the heat for faster heating also.

Warranty:

The Revere Copper Clad 2 1/3 Quart Whistling Tea Kettle comes with a 25 year warranty also.

I'm not a big coffee drinker and I do enjoy a nice cup of hot tea, or hot chocolate every so often. My husband likes the instant noodle soups, which he enjoys for lunch. Maybe once a week I will make a double batch of lime jello. There may be a day or two that I don't use this Revere Tea kettle, but there are days when it does gets a lot of use, especially when a lot of my baking needs require hot water.

The Revere Tea Kettle heats water in a very short time. I have hot water that's ready to use right away because the large bottom of the tea kettle helps to take full advantage of a large burner, which makes heating the water a lot faster.

Well I can tell you right now I will never go back to an enameled tea kettle and have to worry about chipping the enamel. I couldn't be more pleased with my Revere Copper Clad 2 1/3 Quart Whistling Tea Kettle. With it's sleek simple design, durable exterior surface, along with it's shiny Stainless Steel exterior, it looks very attractive setting on my stove top. I'm very impressed with it. I know it will be sitting on my stove top for a long time to come.

Well you'll have to excuse me now, as my mouth is watering for a nice cup of Hot Chocolate, and a big piece of apple pie that I made yesterday. Until my next review, see ya!!

Thanks for reading and Happy Whistling!!

~~Naomi~~

All-clad Copper Core 2-1/2-quart Windsor Pan With Lid

All-clad Copper Core 2-1/2-quart Windsor Pan With Lid

Irresistible Deals 4 You NEW All-Clad Copper Core 2-1/2-Quart Windsor Pan with Lid - We only sell Brand New items. - This item is entitled to FREE SHI...

All-clad Copper Core 3 Quart Saute Pan

All-clad Copper Core 3 Quart Saute Pan

Store Home About Us Policies Shipping All-Clad Copper Core 3 Quart Saute Pan Our Price: $339.95 Saute, brown, and sear with the All-Clad Copper Core 3...

All-Clad Copper-Core Saucepan - 2-QUART - All-Clad Copper Core

All-Clad Copper-Core Saucepan - 2-QUART - All-Clad Copper Core

Saucepans - Versatile for small-size or family-size quantities of vegetables, rice, eggs, or soup. With deep, straight sides and a perfectly flat bott...

All-clad Copper Core 2 Quart Saucepan

All-clad Copper Core 2 Quart Saucepan

Store Home About Us Policies Shipping All-Clad Copper Core 2 Quart Saucepan Our Price: $259.95 The All-Clad Copper Core 2-Quart Saucepan is ideal for ...

All-Clad Copper-Core Saute Pans - 2 quart - All-Clad Copper Core

All-Clad Copper-Core Saute Pans - 2 quart - All-Clad Copper Core

Saute Pans & Sauteuses - Deeper than a fry pan, with straight sides that capture heat more efficiently. Ideal for sauteing, browning, or searing, or w...

All-clad Copper Core 2 Quart Saute Pan

All-clad Copper Core 2 Quart Saute Pan

Store Home About Us Policies Shipping All-Clad Copper Core 2 Quart Saute Pan Our Price: $199.95 Saute, brown, and sear with the All-Clad Copper Core 2...

Revere Stainless Steel Copper Clad Bottom Covered Saucepan
All-Clad Copper-Core Saucepan - 3-QUART with Helper Handle - All-Clad Copper Core

All-clad Copper Core 1 Quart Saucier

All-clad Copper Core 1 Quart Saucier

Store Home About Us Policies Shipping All-Clad Copper Core 1 Quart Saucier Our Price: $139.95 Shallower than a classic sauce pan, the All-Clad Copper ...