Revlon Colorsilk , Haircolor: Medium Auburn ? 1 Ea

Revlon Colorsilk medium auburn permanent hair color

Dec 3, 2009 (Updated Dec 3, 2009)

Pros:Was cheap

Cons:Sticky like glue, clumps, bald spots and split ends.

The Bottom Line: Revlon Colorsilk medium auburn permanent hair color was the worst thing I could have put in my hair. Never again!

About a year ago I tried the Revlon Colorsilk medium auburn permanent  hair color. It was on sale at the Walgreens pharmacy located near by me here in Rhode Island where I live. I had to buy it to try it out at only $2.99 per box. They were regular $5.99 there. So I felt like I was getting a good deal, and of course this was before I discovered Nutrisse. So I figured all hair dye was pretty much the same and tried it out. There are many reasons that I did not like the Revlon Colorsilk medium auburn permanent hair color, I will get in to those below.

Details and facts:

The Revlon Colorsilk medium auburn permanent hair color is meant for full dye of any color hair, or to give highlights and natural tones to people who have red, and red toned hair colors already. I have been dying my hair red for a few years now and figured my hair may pick up good high lights. At the time my hair was mid back length, was straight and free of any and all split ends or damage. My hair was light auburn at the time as well. Just thought I would give you a quick idea of what my hair was like before I used this dye on it.

This hair dye claims to cover roots one hundred percent, cover gray, will last at least full six weeks time before needing touch up or new dye application and so on. The funny thing to me "I'll explain below" is that they claim it give natural looking color. The after color conditioner is supposed to be infused with silk proteins and pro vitamins, which should leave your hair shinier, healthier and silkier. Bah yeah ok!

The Revlon Colorsilk medium auburn permanent hair color kit includes the colorant, the cream color developer, after dye conditioner, gloves and directions as well. The directions are pretty detailed. I will give them that much. They are clear and easy to read. They recommend doing a strand an allergy test which you will read about in the directions when you take the gloves out.

Here are the ingredients lists:

Ingredients:

Colorant Contains:  Aqua (Water), Oleic Acid, Isopropyl Alcohol, Ethanolamine, PEG-2 Soyamine, Lauramide MEA,  Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Potassium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Sulfite, Parfum (Fragrance), Wheat Amino Acids, Hypnea Musciformis Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa Extract, Sargassum Filipendula Extract, Sortbitol, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Polyquaternium 28, Laneth 5, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Buteth 3, Tributyl Citrate, Erythorbic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, p Phenylenediamine, 2 Methylresorcinol, p Aminophenol, Resorcinol, Phenyl Methyl Pyrazolone, 4 Amino 2 Hydroxytoluene, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Coumarin, Amyl Cinnamal.

Cream Developer Contains:  Aqua (Water), Hydrogen Peroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Steareth-10 Allyl Ether/Acrylates Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, C11-15 Pareth 7, Laureth 9, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Disodium Phosphate, Phosphoric Acid, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methylparaben, EDTA

After Color Conditioner Contains:  Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl Dimethylamine Dimer Dilinoleate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, Triisostearyl Citrate, Isostearyl Glycolate, Isostearyl Lactate, Diisostearyl Malate, Diisostearoyl Trimethylolpropane Siloxy Silicate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cocamdipropyl Betaine, Ceteareth-20, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

The warnings are that you should not use this if you have had allergies to other hair color products, or if you have damaged/cut skin on your scalp either.  They claim that in these cases, you should consult a doctor before using Revlon Colorsilk medium auburn permanent hair color. You should perform a skin allergy test 48 hours before each product use, even if you have already used coloring products before. Avoid contact with your eyes. Rinse immediately if product comes into contact with them.  Do not use to dye eyelashes or eyebrows. Rinse your hair well after the application. Keep out of reach of children.

To use it:

First open the developer bottle. Then you pour in the colorant cream. Make sure it all goes in. Then reapply the cover to the developer bottle and shake until the color is mixed and blended well. Once you are ready put your gloves on. Then you need to cut the tip of the applicator/developer bottle off. It will now be ready for use. Separate your hair in to about 1 inch sections and apply the dye then work it through either with your fingers or a dye brush if you have one. For root coverage or gray coverage put the dye on your roots first, also using the section method.

Let the dye sit on your roots for about five minutes time. Then pull the rest of the dye through your hair. If your not doing roots, just apply the dye as described with no wait in between. Once all of your hair is covered you are supposed to keep the dye on for 25 minutes. Then rinse the dye out until you see the water run clean out of you hair. Now apply the conditioner that came with the kit and let it sit a minute before washing it out.

My experience and recommendation:

It was so bad that I do not know where to begin really. My hair looked funny with the dye on it. I have been dying my hair forever and have never seen dye "Clump" before. It was chunky on my hair. With in a few minutes of it being on my hair I felt my hair getting hard. Some dye makes it sticky a little, but never hard like it has been glued. I panicked and called the company. They said to remove the dye right away. I did try to. It had only been fifteen minutes in to dying my hair and it would not come out, nor was the color Set right yet either.

I ended up pulling clumps of it out of my hair, along with clumps of my hair. It did eventually rinse clean but I couldn't get the knots out of my hair at all. I tried the conditioner, my own conditioner, everything but nothing was working. I ended up having to comb through these huge base ball sized clumps that felt like tacky glue. It hurt like heck and was ripping my hair out. When I was done I had lost a lot of hair at the side of my head above my ear. It was a bald spot. I was sick to my stomach I was so upset. Not to mention I had head aches for a week after that.

I emailed the company and got no response to my email. I called and the woman hung up on me after saying there was nothing she could do. I had to pay $180.00 to get my hair cut, condition treated and styled at a top salon to cover my bald spot and reduce the massive split ends I got from using this dye. The color was horrible. My color had not taken all the way. I had patches of red and brown every where. I looked and felt like a dog.

All to save a few dollars by buying this lousy dye. I will never buy Revlon Colorsilk medium auburn permanent  hair color again. I did call a lawyer and sue for my money back and to recoup my losses on getting my hair done. But the sad thing is I could not get an appology. It was just a really bad experience and I would not recommend this dye to my worst enemy.

Revlon Colorsilk 42 Medium Auburn Permanent Haircolor Ammonia Free

Revlon Colorsilk 42 Medium Auburn Permanent Haircolor Ammonia Free

This is one, new, unopened application of Revlon Colorsilk Ammonia-Free permanent haircolor. Color #42, Medium Auburn. The box has some shelf wear.Fro...

Revlon Colorsilk Luminista Haircolor

Give your hair a radiant bronze shine with Revlon Colorsilk Luminista. Revlon Colorsilk Haircolor is permanent and fade resistant. It will provide you...

Lot Of 2 Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color 42 Medium Auburn Haircolor

Lot Of 2 Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color 42 Medium Auburn Haircolor

amp;lt;div style=text-align:centeramp;gt;amp;lt;img src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0amp;gt;amp;lt;br amp;gt;amp;lt;table align=centeram...

Revlon Colorsilk Haircolor - 48 Burgundy

Revlon Colorsilk Haircolor - 48 Burgundy

Revlon ColorSilk Haircolor - 48 Burgundy

Revlon ColorSilk Luminista - Medium Blonde

Revlon ColorSilk Luminista - Medium Blonde

Find hair color products at Target.com! Vibrant color for dark hair. High shine mango butter formula leaves hair in better condition.

Revlon Colorsilk Luminista Haircolor, Golden Brown 120

Revlon Colorsilk Luminista Haircolor, Golden Brown 120

Get rich, natural-looking color with the Revlon ColorSilk Luminista Hair Color. It saturates dark hair with vibrant, shimmering color while subduing u...

Revlon Colorsilk Haircolor 30 Dark Brown 3n

Revlon Colorsilk Haircolor 30 Dark Brown 3n

Template By Froo! Revlon Colorsilk Haircolor #30 Dark Brown 3N Revlon Colorsilk Haircolor #30 Dark Brown 3N BRAND NEW SHELF PULLS SHELF PULLS ARE ITEM...