Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lash Tint Mascara

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lash Tint - Good For Everyone Else But Me

Sep 17, 2002 (Updated Sep 17, 2002)

Pros:The color is really nice, doesn't gunk up.

Cons:Leave it to me to have some sort of allergic reaction.

The Bottom Line: Highly recommended for those who do not have sensitive/allergic reaction type eyes. Otherwise, avoid like the plague!

About two months ago, I made my usual weekly trip to Walgreens and found that Revlon had a new product out. Like a moth to a flame, I made my way over to study the discovery. The product was Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lash Tint.

Sigh. I was torn. Should I get it? Normally, this would never be a question I would ask myself. Of course I would buy a new beauty product! But see, hereís the issue. Me and mascara are like oil and water. Whenever we're put together, we both go running to the opposite sides of the room. It doesn't want to play nice with me and that makes me sad. My eyelashes Ė I think - are pretty normal. Theyíre dark and medium-to long length. There are times when I want them to look larger or darker (just like every one else!).

Almost every mascara I have used has caused me issues. Those issues are as follows:
1) It makes my eyes water
2) It smudges off easily
3) It doesn't WANT to come off at all
4) I end up with raccoon eyes four hours later
5) Nothing changes

So now do you understand why I wondered if I should pay $5.99 for this new product? Well, as you can see, the shopper in me gave in and I purchased it. I usually have great luck with Revlon - they're one of my favorite non-department store cosmetics and I thought that I didn't have a lot to lose with trying this.

The packaging is pretty typical Revlon packaging. ColorStay Lash Tint comes in a tube you normally see with all mascaras however, instead of being flat at both ends, itís rounded. When you unscrew the top, youíll see a straight lined brush. You know how when you pull out the brush how thereís usually mascara gunk at the end of it? Not here. No gunk at all. The brush comes out clean.

Revlonís claims are as follows: Finally, lashes that can keep up! New Revlonģ ColorStay OvertimeTM Lash Tint provides up to 3 full days of dark, natural-looking lashes, without smudging, smearing or irritating eyes. One coat of Lash Tint is all you need and you're good to go for up to 3 days. Best of all, unlike conventional mascaras, Lash Tint won't smudge so you can say goodbye to "raccoon eyes" forever.

If you haven't noticed lately, there seems to be a movement in the cosmetics industry to create make-up that's more permanent. Just look at Max Factor's Infinity line as an example. I know that Revlon has other colorstay products that are supposed to be permanent/long-lasting but I believe that this is the first one that is supposed to last past one day.

Anyway!

I actually DID read the directions this time. The instructions said to start with clean, dry lashes and apply the tint with 1-2 quick strokes.

So what happened?

Right off the bat, I was pretty impressed with the color. My lashes looked normally dark and they had a fuller look to them. Overall, my lashes looked great. This made me a happy camper. Usually, when I apply mascara, I always need to separate my lashes with a different lash brush. In this case, they said in the instructions that the tint dries quickly so I knew that meant I wouldnít be able to do any separating. Didn't matter because the original tint brush seemed to understand my pathetic eyelashes :). No separating needed...yay! The tint did dry quickly too, within just a second or two. I blinked my eyes several times to see if I could make them leave marks under my eyes. Nope.

At the four hour check, every thing looked fine. No raccoon eyes, no smudges.

At the eight hour check Ė ditto.

At around the tenth hour, I started to have issues with the tint. My eyes started to water quite a bit. I donít know if something flaked off or what occurred but once the itching set in, I had to get that stuff off of my eyes! In order to remove the stuff, you need to use an oil-based eye remover. It took a little work, but it came off fine.

I was hoping (and praying) that this was just a fluke for me. Two days later, I tried it again!

At the three hour mark, the incredible itching and watering occurred. Off it came.

One week later, I wanted to give it just one more try.

At the 1 Ĺ hour mark, itching and watering! So even though Revlon says their formulation is hypo-allergenic, thereís something in that stuff that doesnít quite agree with my eyes.

Something to keep in mind when using this product. First, never reapply the stuff. Some chick here at work did that and on the third reapplication (silly girl), the stuff started to flake off. Second, NEVER apply regular mascara over the lash tint. Why? Trust me when I tell you that it just won't stick well to the tint and youíll be doing the raccoon eye thing all day (and no Ė that wasnít me!). And last, although Revlon says that you can keep this on for three days, I just donít find that to be a hygienic thing to do.

I'm sorry to say that at this time, I don't have the ingredients. For some reason, this isn't available online yet (at least at any retailers I visit). Once it becomes available, I'll edit to post the information. What I did pick up though from the promotional stand at Walgreens is that the formulation of the colorstay tint is different from regular mascara in that it contains silicone polymers instead of wax-based ingredients. There's supposed to be some plant-based conditioners to keep your lashes soft too.

Iím really unsure how to rate this :(. For me, it is an absolute avoid. For those who donít have any allergic reaction to it, I think itís definitely better than regular mascara. When I look at my two girlfriends here at work who wear it (and who of course, have no issues with allergies), I think that their general appearance looks so much cleaner and crisper with Revlon's ColorStay Overtime Lash Tint.

Available Colors: Blackest Black, Black and Blackened Brown.

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor

Powered by Frooition Pro in titles description Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor Wear Revlon Colorstay Overtime lipcolor to give your lips a pop of l...

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 380 Always Sienna

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 380 Always Sienna

Buy Revlon Lip Gloss - Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 380 Always Sienna
Revlon Colorstay Overtime ''450 Eternal Rose ''

Revlon Colorstay Overtime ''450 Eternal Rose ''

REVLON = COLORSTAY 450 Eternal Rose OVERTIME SHEERS SEALED WITH / AVEC 1 PC THANK YOU Froo www.froo.com | Froo Cross Sell, Free Cross Sell, Cross prom...

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - Keep Blushing

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - Keep Blushing

Find cosmetics at Target.com! 16 hours of comfortable color and moisturizing shine.

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 005 Infinite Raspberry

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 005 Infinite Raspberry

Buy Revlon Lip Gloss - Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 005 Infinite Raspberry
Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara 002 Black

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara 002 Black

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara #002 Black,Day After Day Lashes Appear Longer, thicker, and Fuller. New in Sealed package.I do not shipped to German...

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - Bare Maximum

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - Bare Maximum

Revlon Colorstay Overtime ''040 Forever Scarlet''

Revlon Colorstay Overtime ''040 Forever Scarlet''

REVLON = COLORSTAY 040 forever scarlet OVERTIME SHEERS

Revlon Colorstay Overtime ''430 Perennial Peach''

Revlon Colorstay Overtime ''430 Perennial Peach''

REVLON = COLORSTAY 430 Pernnial Peach OVERTIME SHEERS