Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lash Tint Mascara

Good, But Not Great: Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lash Tint

Nov 18, 2002 (Updated Nov 18, 2002)

Pros:Lightweight, doesn't clump or flake, no raccoon eyes, doesn't budge, really lasts, looks natural, waterproof

Cons:Lashes can stick together, hard to touch up

The Bottom Line: Not one of Revlon's best, but is a unique, helpful and effective product.

I've been wanting to try Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lash Tint since it came out several months ago. I finally caught it on sale for just $3.99 at my local CVS drugstore and couldn't pass it up! I'd had some bad experiences with the ColorStay line since Revlon started the line, but I'm always on the lookout for the *perfect* long-wearing brand, so I never pass up the opportunity to try a new one!

Lash Tint Details:

Overtime Lash Tint comes in a sleek, black plastic tube that is just over 4" long. The tube is blister-packaged onto a black and gold cardboard card, giving it a somewhat glamorous look. The tube has a typical screw-off cap with the wand attached. The brush is very small but somewhat long. This is not a "fluffy" brush at all (this is a good thing, in this case).

Revlon claims that this lash tint will last for up to 3 days. Specifically, they state the following (taken from packaging): "Revlon ColorStay Overtime Last Tint gives you round-the-clock lashcolor that lasts up to 3 days. So you can wake up to dark, naturally beautiful lashes day after day after day."

Other claims from Revlon (also from packaging):

*Lightweight tint darkens and accentuates lashes.
*Won't flake, smudge, smear or clump-no "raccoon" eyes even after 3 days!
*Long-wearing tint feels comfortable on lashes.
*Non-irritating formula colors safely with natural botanicals and plant-based conditioners.

ColorStay Overtime Lash Tint is available in the following three shades:

*Blackest Black
*Black
*Blackened Brown

There is .2 oz. of lash tint in each package.

Ingredients (taken from packaging):

Isododecane, polysilicone-6, dimethicone, silica, dibutyl adipate, quaternium-18 hectorite, propylene carbonate, cyclomethicone, triticum vulgare (wheat) sphingolipids, jojoba seed oil, sunflower seed extract, edelweiss extract, sorbic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, dehydroacetic acid. May Contain: Red 40 lake, blue 1 lake, yellow 5 lake, green 5, iron oxides.

Directions For Use (again, from packaging!):

Start with clean, dry lashes. Apply 1-2 quick, thin layers of lash tint. Do not reapply once tint is dry. Clean lashes before reapplying lash tint.

My Experience:

I chose Blackest Black as my shade of Overtime Lash Tint since I have dark hair and hazel eyes. I was very excited to finally purchase this product, and started using it the very next morning.

Overtime Lash Tint is easy to apply. It has a thin consistency and you can barely see it on the applicator brush. I did exactly as the directions stated; I applied 1-2 quick, thin coats. This was fairly easy to do. I think what was hard for me was not applying several coats like I normally do. This product dries somewhat quickly, so I was not really able to apply more than two coats - when I tried, my lashes were already dry, and were somewhat "hard".

One thing that is important to remember when purchasing this product is that it is just a tint for lashes. It will not offer you much more than lash-darkening. It won't lengthen or thicken your lashes. This was also hard for me to get used to, because I'm used to mascaras that lengthen and thicken lashes.

One of the things I liked the most about this product is that it didn't flake. This is important to me, because I have used my share of mascaras that flake off. Another good thing is that you will not wake up with raccoon eyes the next morning if you sleep with this product on your eyes. I fall asleep watching TV a lot of nights (gasp!) and wake up at 2 AM - and am in no mood to take off my eye makeup! So the first morning that I woke up wearing this product, I was pleasantly surprised that I had no raccoon eyes!

The staying power of Overtime Lash Tint is strong. At the end of day 2, I was ready for this lash tint to be gone - I was just not comfortable with washing my face and STILL having mascara on!!

The instructions say not to apply regular mascara over this product, but I did anyway on day 3. I wanted thick, full lashes with some length. Overtime Lash Tint is perfect for casual wear and for work, but when I am going out, I want my lashes to look long and full.

The application of the regular mascara was what finally made my Overtime Lash Tint disappear. When I washed off my regular mascara, the lash tint went with it. This was fine with me!

So What Is Bad?

This product is not bad if you are OK with having lashes that are tinted, but not built up and lengthened. Probably the one thing that annoyed me the most about this product was the way that it made my lashes stick together. Three and four lashes were stuck together for three days. Once this product dries, there is no separating the lashes! The applicator brush is not exactly designed for separating lashes - it has more of a "light application" look to it - it picks up mascara and lets you apply it evenly to your lashes.

I think that the fact that I didn't have an oil-based remover to remove it with also bothered me a little. I don't like not having control over what is on my face. I was stuck with this lash tint on my eyes no matter what, for three days.

I still felt, after day one, that I needed to touch this product up. It didn't look as "fresh" as when I first applied it. Because it makes the lashes somewhat hard (not rock hard or "crispy"), it makes reapplying hard.

Who Should Wear This?

I think this would be ideal for teens or anyone who wants their lashes to be darker. I think that women who swim or camp would like this as well - for its waterproof and long-lasting properties.

All In All:

All in all, this product does what it claims to - it tints lashes and lasts up to three days. Even though it doesn't do what I personally would like it to do additionally, (build and lengthen), it does exactly what it claims to. For that reason, I recommend it to someone who needs or wants this type of product. As for myself, I will use it only when I am in water or when I can't touch up my lashes for a few days.

Purchasing Information:

I found my tube of Overtime Lash Tint at my local CVS drugstore on sale for $3.99, but the regular price is $7.99. I have seen this product in several stores - K-Mart, Wal*Mart, Rite Aid drugstore and Walgreen's drugstore. The price is pretty much the same ($7.99) everywhere, but Wal*Mart might be cheaper.

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor

Powered by Frooition Pro in titles description Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor Wear Revlon Colorstay Overtime lipcolor to give your lips a pop of l...

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipstick

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipstick

PLEASE MESSAGE ME WITH WHAT COLOR YOU WANT SINCE THERE ARE 26 SHADES AVAILABLE!!!THANK YOU!!!!All day lipcolor and gloss that works overtime! ColorSta...

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 380 Always Sienna

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 380 Always Sienna

Buy Revlon Lip Gloss - Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 380 Always Sienna
Revlon Colorstay Overtime Glossy Topcoat Refill

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Glossy Topcoat Refill

New and sealed.Revlon ColorStay Overtime Glossy Topcoat Refill for ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor, Clear .07 fl oz (2.0ml )Important Information Ingredie...

Revlon Colorstay Overtime ''450 Eternal Rose ''

Revlon Colorstay Overtime ''450 Eternal Rose ''

REVLON = COLORSTAY 450 Eternal Rose OVERTIME SHEERS SEALED WITH / AVEC 1 PC THANK YOU Froo www.froo.com | Froo Cross Sell, Free Cross Sell, Cross prom...

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - Ultimate Wine

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - Ultimate Wine

Find cosmetics at Target.com! 16 hours of comfortable color and moisturizing shine.

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 005 Infinite Raspberry

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 005 Infinite Raspberry

Buy Revlon Lip Gloss - Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor 005 Infinite Raspberry
Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara 002 Black

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara 002 Black

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara #002 Black,Day After Day Lashes Appear Longer, thicker, and Fuller. New in Sealed package.I do not shipped to German...

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor - Choose Your Color

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor - Choose Your Color

NEW REVLON COLORSTAY OVERTIME LIPCOLOR 16 hours of comfortable color and moisturizing shine.All day lipcolor and gloss that works overtime! ColorStay ...

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - Keep Blushing