Revlon Love Pat Soft Beige - 0.4 Ounce

Revlon Love Pat Moisturizing Powder in Soft Beige: This has seen its' Last Day!

Aug 11, 2003

Pros:Compact is nice, good for touch ups, nice puff applier

Cons:The fragrance, the design is pour, not moisturizing

The Bottom Line: The Revlon Team needs to re-evaluate the Revlon Love Pat Soft Beige as it has NO love from me!

Let me first start off by saying that I am a liquid foundation kind of woman. I have been for years and I have used Revlon Colorstay in True Beige. It has worked very well except there were times when my oily skin would shine through and I would need a pat here and there of light translucent powder. Well Revlon has taken an idea similar to that and attempted to put it all in one. Were they successful? I don’t think so.

Revlon released Revlon Love Pat Moisturizing Powder a while back and it is possible that they discontinued the item since #1) I got it at 50% off and #2) I cannot find the product on their website anywhere. I can understand why they discontinued it should that be the case because there were issues with the product.

Let me start by saying that there are several problems with this product:
1) It promises to “stay color true even on oily skin.” This is not the case though. After a couple of hours, my t-zone had the oil shining right through and I found myself needing another “Love Pat” from Revlon to keep my look going.
2) It is supposedly a moisturizing powder. If you have any dryness on your face, the powder immediately shows it up. Whereas with Liquid Foundation the dry spot would be eliminated when rubbing it on. The Revlon Love Pat did not moisturize me at all.
3) You can use as a “minimum make up” for a “natural finish that lasts.” You definitely need a base underneath the Revlon Love Pat. It won’t last as I said previously. The minimum look with just the Revlon Love Pat is not a pretty sight. It doesn’t glide on and smooth into your skin. It looks layered and even my fiancé noticed there was something off about it. (it wasn’t the shade either) When a man who doesn’t realize that you changed his deodorant on him months ago underneath his nose, notices the Revlon Love Pat, it is NOT a good sign.
4) The smell of the powder is very ancient and extravagant for foundation. It reminds me of the days when I was a little girl with my grandma and she would buy me some really cheap smelling perfume and put it on me. The smell made me reminisce of those moments.

There are a few things that I did find good about the product though. It wasn’t all bad. I just wish that it had worked out better because from reading the description I was pretty psyched up about finding this stuff, plus at my 50% discount, it was even better.

What do I like about this product:
1) The packaging on a compact with a full square mirror where I am able to see my entire oily complexion.
2) The fact that I can take it with me for “touch ups” if I was on the go rather than a liquid bottle that could possibly open in my purse and leave a mess.
3) The cotton puffed applier was nice on my skin. It may not have smoothed the Revlon Love Pat in properly but it tried its’ very best and it wasn’t its’ fault.

Ingredients if interested: (taken from compact)
Talc, kaolin, mieral oil, zinc stearate, octyl palmitate, lanolin alcohol, hydrolyzed collagen, isopropyl myristate, tea-isostearate, calcium silicate, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben, sodium dehydroacetate, trisodium edta
May Contain:
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth, Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Ultramarines

Website: www.revlon.com

Packaging: Clear plastic so that you can easily see your color and match it up with your skin tone. Compact with mirror and applier. Revlon Love Pat comes in .40 oz.

I was hoping for a foundation and powder all in one with the Revlon Love Pat in Soft Beige. I found that for a few hours or less I could achieve this as long as my face was #1) moisturized with lotion before hand or #2) I had a foundation base on already. I will hold onto it for the patting out of oily spots that seem to seep through the pores no matter what you do. As for the actual function of this product and what it was designed for. It failed tremendously.

I would not recommend the Revlon Love Pat in any color whether it be soft beige, translucent, light beige, etc. The Revlon Love Pat normally costs $10.74 which to me is expensive for powder foundation. You should get what you pay for and in this case, you don’t. With that said, I say take your Revlon Love Pat Money and go see a good movie or by that Burt’s Bees Facial Care Kit that I wrote about. Now there is getting your money’s worth. Just please don’t go out and try the Revlon Love Pat and if you should, remember that you were warned.

Until next time,