Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic Professional Styling Iron Model Rvo51c

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic Professional Styling Iron.....Giving My Straight Hair Some Lasting Curls

Apr 15, 2005

Pros:*Heats Quickly
*Ceramic Barrel
*Inexpensive
*It Works!

Cons:*Need some way to easily store cord

The Bottom Line: I've found the Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic Professional Styling Iron an easy way to change my normally straight hair to a curly hair-do.

Having raised three daughters and also having had long hair most of my life, I’ve bought and used more curling irons than I can remember.

My biggest problem with using a curling iron to give my normally straight frizzy hair a bit of curl is that it never lasts very long. It seems I stand there for a long time curling and curling and the next time I look in a mirror, the curl is all but gone.

After seeing my third daughters long hair hold a curl for a few days at a time I was determined to find out what could make my hair do that. The curling iron that she was using was the Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic Professional Styling Iron.

The Styling Iron

I purchased a 1” barrel for this styling iron because that is what my daughter was using and I wanted to get some curls that would stay tight enough to give me something more than just wavy hair. I figured if the initial curl was rather tight then as it relaxed it would still have a good curl to it.

I loved the idea of a ceramic barrel because I had heard that would give me softer looking hair and shinier curls. Hey, I’m for anything that tames my frizzies and makes my hair look shinier. The ceramic barrel also wipes clean easily with just a damp cloth.

One of the things I really love about this styling iron is that it heats up in only 60 seconds! Wow, that is fast. There is a red light at the top of the handle and when it starts blinking you’ll know the iron is hot enough. If I’m in a hurry I’ll begin curling my hair right away when the light blinks, but if I have some time I do allow the iron to warm up a little longer. It just seems to give me a better curl that way. The cooling down time is longer and takes several minutes for the iron to be cool to the touch.

This iron has 30 heat settings…from 1 to 30 with 30 being the hottest setting. Of course I set mine on high and always use it that way. I want curls!

With High Heat, Constant Heat™ the ceramic barrel maintains a constant heat and stays at my desired temperature throughout my entire use.

There is a tangle free swivel cord attached to this iron so that as you are twisting around your hair you don’t suddenly have a cord all tangled up with your hair. Most hair appliances have this feature now and it is one that I really like.

The handle, the tip of the clamp and the end tip of the barrel are a brown hard plastic that stays cool to the touch. There is also a brown plastic resting stand so that the iron doesn’t mar any surface that it is set down on.

The Warnings

Of course, this styling iron like any other electric appliance has certain warnings….some of them I’m not sure why they felt them necessary to include, but who knows what people will do.

 Always unplug after using
 Do Not use while bathing (oh darn, there goes my chance to multi task)
 Do Not store near a tub or sink
 Do Not drop or place into water or other liquid
 If the appliance falls into water, unplug it immediately, Do Not reach into the water.

My Feelings

Even with my long hair, it doesn’t take me too long to separate my hair out into about 10 to 12 sections and use this iron to give me soft, tight curls. I usually just use my fingers for styling so that I don’t brush out the curl. My curls will last a day or two and I just do slight touch ups until the next time I shampoo.

I love how fast this iron heats up and will eventually replace my other larger irons with more Revlon Ceramic Styling Irons. Right now I use a large 3” barrel to curl my bangs and have to wait till it dies a natural death in order to replace it with one that heats up as fast as this one does.

If there is anything that I would improve I guess it would be a cord end that has an indentation so that it can be attached to the cord for storage.

The use is easy, it warms up quickly and gives me the curls that I want…and it only set me back $16.97 at Wal*Mart, what else could I ask for?

A big thank you to Shantel575 for adding this so quickly to the database.

Revlon Perfect Heat Professional Styling Iron W/ Ceramic Black 0.75 Inch

Revlon Perfect Heat Professional Styling Iron W/ Ceramic Black 0.75 Inch

Revlon Perfect Heat ¾ Professional Styline Iron with Ceramic has an easy-to-clean ¾ ceramic barrel for medium sized curls. The Ceramic Technology prov...

Revlon Professional Perfect Heat Ceramic Styling Iron-1-1/2 CURLING IRON

Revlon Professional Perfect Heat Ceramic Styling Iron-1-1/2 CURLING IRON

Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic 1 1/2 Curling Iron RV050For Softer, Shinier, Gentle Curls, High Heat Preserves Hair's Natural Moisture for Styles without ...

Revlon Perfect Heat 1/2 Ceramic Professional Styling Curling Iron 30 Settings

Revlon Perfect Heat 1/2 Ceramic Professional Styling Curling Iron 30 Settings

BRAND NEW REVLON PERFECT HEAT CERAMIC PROFESSIONAL STYLING IRON 60 SECONDS FAST HEAT-UP 30 PUSH BUTTON HEAT SETTINGS PERFECT SET HEAT CONTROL AUTO SHU...

Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic Professional Styling Iron 1 1/2 Barrel Rv050c

Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic Professional Styling Iron 1 1/2 Barrel Rv050c

Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic 1 1/2 Ceramic Styling Iron 30 second fast heat up Maintains high heat Ceramic Barell for softer shinier curls 1 1/2 Barrel...

Revlon Perfect Heat Professional Ceramic 1 Styling Curling Iron Rv278c

Revlon Perfect Heat Professional Ceramic 1 Styling Curling Iron Rv278c

amp;lt;div style=text-align:centeramp;gt;amp;lt;img src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0amp;gt;amp;lt;br amp;gt;amp;lt;table align=centeram...

Revlon Professional Perfect Heat Ceramic Styling Iron By Helen Of Troy L.P.

Revlon Professional Perfect Heat Ceramic Styling Iron By Helen Of Troy L.P.

1-1/2 Curling Iron: Curling Iron Professional Ceramic Heat
Revlon Perfect Heat 3/4inch Professional Ceramic Curling Iron Brush Hair Styling

Revlon Perfect Heat ¾inch Professional Styling Brush with Ceramic has an easy-to-clean ¾inch ceramic brush to create a variety of long-lasting styles....

Product Description Size:3/4 Inch Curling Iron Brush Revlon Perfect Heat ¾inch Professional Styling Brush with Ceramic has an easy-to-clean ¾inch cera...

Revlon Rv050c Perfect Heat Professional Styling Iron With Ceramic Black 1.5 In

Revlon Rv050c Perfect Heat Professional Styling Iron With Ceramic Black 1.5 In

Neataneloys 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW Revlon RV050C Perfect Heat Professional ...

Revlon Rv051c Perfect Heat Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Iron 1 Inch

Revlon Rv051c Perfect Heat Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Iron 1 Inch

Revlon Perfect Heat 1/2 Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron RV053C For All Hair Types For shiny curls 30 Heat Settings 30 sec Heat-Up Auto shut off Worldw...