Reynolds Food Packaging Reynolds Fun Shapes Baking Cups and Cake Pans Reviews

Reynolds Food Packaging Reynolds Fun Shapes Baking Cups and Cake Pans

These Reynolds Fun Shapes Baking Cups, Make Cute treats.

May 7, 2006

Pros:Makes really cute treats. Baked treats are easy to remove from the foil cups

Cons:A little flimsy, but if handled carefully are easy to use.

The Bottom Line: I recommend these Reynolds Fun Shapes baking cups. They can be made into really cute treats, whether you make them to enjoy at home or for any special occasion.

When I first saw these new and unique Reynolds Fun Shapes Baking Cups, I thought what a neat way to make different treats, and letting the kids pitch in to help and decorate them.

I received in the mail a box of Reynolds 24 Star Fun Shapes foil baking cups, along with a box of 24 Heart Fun Shapes foil baking cups. Each set came in a separate blue and yellow box. Taking the baking cups out of the box was easy, as they are nestled in a thin piece of cardboard in the box that can be easily pulled out of the box. When I separated the foil baking cups, I was a little surprised to see how thin they were and a little flimsy, so I knew right then that these cups would have to be handled carefully.

The box showed pictures of some treats that you can use these baking cups for. These foil baking cups can make nice small snacks of cookies, cakes, brownies, Jello Jigglers, or other treats.

PREPARING DIRECTIONS:
The first thing I had to do was to place the foil cups on a cookie sheet before filling each one. This has to be done this way, because these foil baking cups are a little flimsy and will bend out of shape easily if you fill them first and then try to transport them to the cookie sheet.

The depth of these foil baking cups are about 1 inch deep, and they should only be filled 1/2 way up into each cup. Otherwise they may overflow the foil cup onto the cookie sheet.

It's also not necessary to grease these foil baking cups, according to the directions on the box. When I read this I was a little hesitant about not greasing the cups, as I always use Wiltons Cake Release to grease any of my baking pans. After I had my made first batch of Brownies, I was convinced that it is true and you don't have to grease the cups. My brownies released very easily from the foil cups without any problem at all.

The first time I did use these Reynolds Fun Shapes baking cups for making Brownies was last week on Friday when I had my 3 Grand daughter's staying overnite. When I babysit the girls we always have fun, by baking cookies, doing crafts or just playing board games. So that evening I decided to make some brownies in the Reynolds star baking cups.

I followed the directions on the box of the Betty Crocker brownie mix for preparing the mix. I was going to place some of the mix into a plastic measuring cup so it would be easier to pour the batter in the foil cups without making a mess. But the batter was a little too thick to pour, so I just used a large tablespoon. I poured a heaping amount of the brownie batter into the first 2 foil cups, just 1/2 full. This gave my 13 year old grand daughter an idea just how much to place into each cup. She did a great job on pouring just the right amount into each cup without any mess. After we baked the first batch of 12 star brownies, she finished spooning the rest of the batter and made 12 more Star brownies.

When making the brownies I set the oven to 350 degrees and watched them very carefully in the oven. I only baked them for about 18 minutes. When I stuck a toothpick into them it came out clean and I knew that they were done enough to remove from the oven. I put them on my rack to cool. It only took about 8 minutes for them to cool. All I had to do to remove the brownies from the cups was to rip one edge of the foil carefully and the rest of the foil just peeled off. I was surprised that they kept there star shape pretty much when the foil was removed.

I was just going to sprinkle a little powdered sugar on each brownie, but I remembered that I still had some Cake Mate decorating icing tubes left over from Easter that I used when I decorated some Easter cup cakes. So I let the 3 girls decorate all of the Star Brownies in their own way and they had a fun time doing it.

The next day Tiffnie would be celebrating her 11th Birthday and she wanted to take a few of the star brownies home for the girls that were staying for her sleep over Birthday party. She also wanted to give one to Mom and Dad also. We all enjoyed some of the brownies that nite, and I gave the girls the rest of the brownies to take home with them the next morning.

Saturday afternoon I decided to make some cakes in the Reynolds Heart Shaped baking cups. The only mix I had in my cabinet was a Betty Crocker 16 ounce pound cake mix. So I decided to try my luck and make some some heart shaped pound cakes. I had purchased some fresh strawberries that morning and thought I could make some strawberry pound short cakes for dessert for dinner.

I set my oven to 350 degrees and mixed up my batter according to the directions on the box. Placed my Reynolds heart shaped foil cups on the cookie sheet. The batter was a little thick also so I heaped up my large tablespoon full of batter and placed it into the cups. By heaping the tablespoon up, it was just enough to fill the cups 1/2 way full. Placed the cookie sheet in the oven. I did keep an eye on the cakes while they were baking, because I wasn't sure on how long to bake them. When they started to turn a slightly pale golden color, I removed them from the oven. It only took about 14 minutes in the oven for them to be done. Placed them on my cooling rack to cool and then I poured the rest of the batter into the last 12 heart cups to finish up the pound cakes.

While my second batch of cakes were baking and the first pound cakes had cooled, I gently removed the foil from each cake. The foil was very easy to remove from these heart baking cups also. After dinner both my husband and myself enjoyed our Reynolds heart pound cakes that we topped with fresh strawberries and some whip cream. They really tasted so good that we both ended up having a second helping.

I found some of these Reynolds Fun Shapes Star baking cups in our Supermarket the other day for $1.99. I picked up a box of them, so when we go to our Son's 4th. of July barbecue, I'll make some star cakes and decorate them with red white and blue icing. I'm sure they will go over big and will make a cute treat for the July 4th.

These Reynolds Fun Shapes would be nice to place a few treats in so the kids can take them in their lunches to school. When I purchased a box of the Reynolds Fun Shapes star baking cups the other day, I did remove one star cup from the box. In it I placed 12 small green grapes. Then I placed the foil cup onto a piece of plastic wrap and tied it up with a bread tie, or you could even use a ribbon. Just make sure that you tie the plastic wrap close to the grapes so they won't fall out of the baking cup. You could also place raisins, small cookies, or even those Pepperidge Farm Fish crackers for a school treat. Anyway it's just a suggestion that you may want to use for school treats. When my Grand son stopped over after school that day, I gave him the Star foil cup with the wrapped up grapes to eat. He thought that it was a cool idea.

These Reynolds Fun Shapes foil baking cups are disposable and cannot be used again after baking in them. It would be hard to clean them and they would only bend out of shape. So they should be thrown away after each use.

I haven't made any Jello Jigglers, or cookies in these Reynolds Fun Shapes baking cups, but plan to make some the next time I babysit the girls again.

MY FINAL NOTE:
I recommend these new and different Reynolds Fun Shapes foil baking cups. I found them fun to use for making treats for the home, parties, or for a special occasion. Children always have fun decorating treats, so it's great for the whole family.

I did read another review that just before Easter, Reynolds also had a Easter Egg shaped foil baking cup available. I do hope that Reynolds does come out with more Fun Shapes that will be available for the next Holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. They do make cute treats.

I'd like to thank Hass MS&L for sending me these Reynolds Fun Shapes to try them out in exchange for writing an honest review on how well I liked them.

Thanks For reading!!!

~~Naomi~~

Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner By Reynolds Aluminum

Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner By Reynolds Aluminum

SLOW COOKER LINERS: bag cooker liner slow pot reynolds crock
72 Reynolds Foil Fun Shapes Heart Baking Cups Molds Design Foil Baking Cups

72 Reynolds Foil Fun Shapes Heart Baking Cups Molds Design Foil Baking Cups

72 REYNOLDS FOIL FUN SHAPES HEART BAKING CUPS MOLDS Description: YOU WILL BE PURCHASING 6 NEW PACKAGE OF REYNOLDS FUN SHAPES FOIL BAKING CUPS DESIGN: ...

Reynolds WHITE REYNOLDS 75SQ FREEZER PAPER

Reynolds WHITE REYNOLDS 75SQ FREEZER PAPER

Find food wraps at Target.com! Reynolds white reynolds 75sq freezer paper

Reynolds REYNOLDS 50 SQFT RECYCLED FOIL

Reynolds REYNOLDS 50 SQFT RECYCLED FOIL

Find food wraps at Target.com! Reynolds reynolds 50 sqft recycled foil

Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil Food Wrap 12 Inch X 500 Sq Feet Made In Usa

Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil Food Wrap 12 Inch X 500 Sq Feet Made In Usa

REYNOLDS WRAP ALUMINUM FOIL YOU WILL RECEIVE TWO ROLLS 12 INCH X 250 SQUARE FEET FOR A TOTAL OF 500 SQ FEET AS SHOWN IN PHOTOS MADE IN THE USA FREE SH...

Reynolds(R) Aluminum Foil, 12in. x 1,000ft.

Reynolds(R) Aluminum Foil, 12in. x 1,000ft.

Economical, versatile and dispensed conveniently from carton For warming, covering and storing. Box features a cutting edge. Reynolds(R) Aluminum Foil...
Office Depot

Reynolds Non-Stick Pan Lining Paper, 30 sq ft

Reynolds Non-Stick Pan Lining Paper, 30 sq ft

Reynolds Non-Stick Pan Lining Paper offers a versatile option for anyone who would like to get the benefits of Parchment Plus Foil when cooking or bak...

Reynolds Midnight Halo-Black Candlestick w/Metal Stand HC - Black

Reynolds Midnight Halo-Black Candlestick w/Metal Stand HC - Black

Reynolds - Reynolds Midnight Halo-Black Candlestick w/Metal Stand HC - Black
Replacements, Ltd.

Reynolds NATURAL REYNOLDS PARCHMENT PAPER 30SQFT

Reynolds NATURAL REYNOLDS PARCHMENT PAPER 30SQFT

Find food wraps at Target.com! Reynolds natural reynolds parchment paper 30sqft

Reynolds Handi-vac Vacuum Food Storage System (new)

Reynolds Handi-vac Vacuum Food Storage System (new)

coxworld Store Reynolds Handi-Vac Vacuum Food Storage System New in Packaging Vacuum Seal Your Food's Freshness A Fresh Way To Save!3-One Quart Bags B...