Reynolds Food Packaging Reynolds Fun Shapes Baking Cups and Cake Pans Reviews

Reynolds Food Packaging Reynolds Fun Shapes Baking Cups and Cake Pans

Reynolds Fun Shapes Baking Cups

May 11, 2006 (Updated May 12, 2006)

Pros:A very clever new twist on cupcake tins. Leave it to Reynolds. Easy to use.

Cons:Be aware of the thinness of foil to avoid messing them up while transporting .

The Bottom Line: This is an attractive, clever product. Easy to use.

Well, I know I did Pat and Betty, the Reynolds ladies, proud when I used my Reynolds Funshapes Baking Cups. I was in Wal Mart stocking up on "things I could do with 2 grandgirls" since they would be spending a week with me and these caught my eye. I grabbed them inmmediately. What a find! For very little money I knew right away I 'd be having quite a bit of fun with the girls.

The Reynolds FUNSHAPES Baking Cups I purchased were star shaped but they are also available in a heart shape. They come 24 per box. They are slightly thinner then regular cups but thicker then aluminum foil. This wasn't a huge problem for me, I was just completely impressed with the "build a better mousetrap" aspect of this. How clever to make the baking cups in shapes. What fun they would be to use. Now I understand they may be offering rabbits and egg shapes as well. That would be wonderful for Easter.

They tell you "stir in a little imagination and leave the rest to them". It really was that simple. I made this a cooking project with the girls. We used regular off the shelf cake mix that I had in the kitchen and followed the directions on the box. Oven 350 degrees. We filled the cups 1/2 way and used the suggested amount of cooking time on the box. I believe it was about 17 minutes but that would also depend on your oven. I tend to get easily distracted in the kitchen so I made sure the girls reminded me to keep checking on our project. We put ours on a stoneware baking sheet for stability. Once they had achieved a good color I checked for doneness (I used a Pampered Chef cake tester to test this but a wooden skewer would do the trick or a toothpick.)

We did not grease the cups, though you can choose to if you want.

It was my middle grand girls birthday May 1st and a good friend of mine was having a birthday as well. So the plan was to make everyone birthday cakes. I received a cake decorating kit for my birthday
so we did up the cupcakes as birthday cakes as suggested on the reynoldsfunshapes.com site. right up to the pink frosting. They looked spectacular.We had tons of sprinkles and dragees (edible silver sprinkles) to choose from so some of the cupcakes were a little "over the top" but the girls were having so much fun I just let them do whatever they felt like doing. They used offset spatulas to frost and we used canned frosting with food coloring. I thinned the frosting a lttle so it would spread more easily. Because the Funshape Baking Cups tins are the thin side it's a good idea to try and keep the frosting away from the edges so as not to bend them out of shape. Of course with enthusiasm running high, we did have to do a little .
We let them cool a bit but did not remove them from the cupcake tins until we were at the beach. Once we were there and having our little party we just popped the cakes out and treated the baking cups as disposable. Just an aside icing at the beach can be a bit messy.

The girls, ages 5 and 9, were able to do all the mixing and decorating with very little help from me. The cakes traveled well even though the weight of the Funshape Baking Cups was a little on the light side. We just put half a dozen in a shoe box and avoided sharp turns or bumps.

They also suggest using the Reynolds FUNSHAPES Baking Cups with jello to make jellojigglers. That should be another easy, fun project for our next visit. I think with a little imagination there are many things you can make in the Funshape Baking Cups. I'm wondering if mini pizzas would work. I have quite a few cupcake baking cups left so that might be worth experimenting with. Deep Dish Star Pizza.

I would use the star shaped Reynolds Fun Shaped Baking Cups for Fourth of July or Christmas and the Heart Fun Shaped Baking Cups for Valentines Day. Of course, any time can be a time for celebration but they would work particularly well for those Holidays. Mixing and matching the shapes is another option. The whole concept has such a party feel to it that no matter what the occasion they will spice up the table setting. These are great for gift giving as well. What a nice presentation they make.

Clean up was crinkle and toss.

Go to www.Reynoldsfunshapes.com for more ideas and call 1-800-433-2244 with any questions

Reynolds Food Packaging Metro Aluminum Foil Roll, Lighter Gauge Standard, 12 x 1000ft, Silver 611M

Metro Aluminum Foil Roll, Lighter Gauge Standard, 12 x 1000ft, Silver
Reynolds Food Service Film (1000 Ft Roll). Model: 900

Reynolds Food Service Film (1000 Ft Roll). Model: 900

Plastic Film Roll, Standard, Material Plastic, Roll Length 1000 Ft., Width 12 In., Standards Fda Approved
Grainger

72 Reynolds Foil Fun Shapes Heart Baking Cups Molds Design Foil Baking Cups

72 Reynolds Foil Fun Shapes Heart Baking Cups Molds Design Foil Baking Cups

72 REYNOLDS FOIL FUN SHAPES HEART BAKING CUPS MOLDS Description: YOU WILL BE PURCHASING 6 NEW PACKAGE OF REYNOLDS FUN SHAPES FOIL BAKING CUPS DESIGN: ...

Reynolds Foil Heavy 12 x 500'

Reynolds Foil Heavy 12 x 500'

Heavy duty aluminum foil tears easily with standard cutting edge. Practical for cooking, serving and wrapping food. Use as pan liner makes later clean...
Shoplet.com

Reynolds Handi-vac Vacuum Food Storage System (new)

Reynolds Handi-vac Vacuum Food Storage System (new)

coxworld Store Reynolds Handi-Vac Vacuum Food Storage System New in Packaging Vacuum Seal Your Food's Freshness A Fresh Way To Save!3-One Quart Bags B...

Reynolds 624 Aluminum Roll Foil,18 In X 500 Ft

Reynolds 624 Aluminum Roll Foil,18 In X 500 Ft

Aluminum Foil Roll, Heavy-Duty, Material Aluminum, Roll Length 500 ft., Width 18 In.
Zoro

Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil 25 Sq Ft. -- 1 Roll

Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil 25 Sq Ft. -- 1 Roll

Strong Enough for your Toughest situations! Wrap food to keep it fresh & to prevent freezer burn.Line pans before cooking to make cleanup easy.Cover b...
Vitacost.com

3 Packs Reynolds Heart & Star Fun Shapes Baking Cups 72 Foil Cups Valentine Mold

3 packs Reynolds Fun Shapes baking foil cups in hearts and stars Each pack has 24 foil cupcake liners for a total of 72 You will get 2 packs of the he...

Reynolds Oven Bag Turkey Size 8-24lbs In Package

Reynolds Oven Bag Turkey Size 8-24lbs In Package

ITEM DESCRIPTION REYNOLDS OVEN BAG TURKEY SIZE FOR MEATS 8-24LBS NO MESS JUST TOSS BAG BAGS SIZE 19 X 23.5 NEW IN PACKAGE LOT OF 10 BAGS SHIPPING:FREE...