Reynolds Food Packaging Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners Reviews

Reynolds Food Packaging Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners

Reynolds Slow Cooker liners can add time to your day......

Apr 27, 2006

Pros:Easy to use and helps save cleaning time in the kitchen

Cons:There is only 4 bags per box, and you still have to wash the lid

The Bottom Line: Reynolds Slow Cooker liners adds minutes to my day. They are easy to use and make soaking a crock pot a thing of the past.

I used a coupon to pay $2.29 for Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. It was worth the $ to not have to soak and scrub 4 different suppers. Even though I didn’t just take out the liner and put my crock pot (slow cooker) away, the clean up was easy, easy, easy.

The Product:
The slow cooker liners can be found on the aisle with zip lock bags, trash bags and tin foil. I used a coupon from the newspaper and paid $2.29 for a box. The box comes with 4 plastic lines, a direction card and a recipe and tips card. The liners are made of a clear plastic that is very sturdy and fits 3 to 6.5 quart round and oval slow cookers.

Using the Liners:
This part is very easy. You place the liner in your crock pot. Fit the liner against the bottom and the sides of the pot. Pull the top of the liner over the edge of the bowl. Place your food ingredients in the slow cooker, place lid on top and cook. After you meal, remove the food, take the bag out and throw away.

Removing the food is very important. I thought I would be smart and try to save time by taking the bag and pouring the chili I had made into my container from the bag. That doesn’t work. The bag is sturdy, and when I picked up the bag, it held the food. Put pouring it was a different story. I lost a little bit chili that night. But I learned my lesson. From then on, I spooned out my leftovers! Haven’t lost any leftovers since!

Cleanup:
I have cooked chili, taco soup and a chicken dish with stuffing on top with the liners. I cooked from 4-8 hours each time. One time, when I cooked on high for 6 hours and took out the liner, there was brown residue on the side of the crock pot bowl where the plastic had stuck to the side. It only took one wipe of hot water and soap to remove the residue. Other than that, I have taken the liner out rinsed the pot out and put the crock pot up. You still have to wash the lid.

My Opinion:
How can you not love less scrubbing?? This is a time saver and skin saver. I usually have to soak the pot and then scrub. My hands have been dry from scrubbing so much. These liners make clean up easy and quick. I tend to use my slow cooker more if I have these in the cabinet.

I feed a family of 6 with my dinners. My meals fill up to the rim of the cooker. The liners do not take up much room in the pot and they prevent the sticking and staining after a long day of simmering.

The bags turn out to be $.75 each. I guess you would have to decide if you wanted to soak and scrub to keep the $.75. To me it is worth the money!!!

I can say that I think these are a great help in the kitchen. They don’t replace having a maid, but it may feel like it since you don’t have to scrub. If Reynolds can keep the cost down, I believe this will be a regular item in my kitchen

Reynolds Aluminum : Slow Cooker Liners

Reynolds Aluminum : Slow Cooker Liners

Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner
Reynolds Wrap Slow Cooker Liners 13 X 21 Round And Oval Boxed

Reynolds Wrap Slow Cooker Liners 13 X 21 Round And Oval Boxed

Reynolds Wrap Slow Cooker Liners 13 x 21 Round and Oval Boxed DESCRIPTION 10900005043 PRODUCT FEATURES 4 liners per package Boxed Fits 3 to 6.5 quart ...