Rice A Roni Rice Pasta Mix with Herb & Butter 7.2oz

Rice A Roni Rice Pasta Mix with Herb & Butter

Apr 2, 2009

Pros:Tasty and very easy to make

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Tasty and easy to prepare

I am not a kitchen person, my mind wanders as do I try to cook to the point it's often  zero and when it comes to instructions i'm ususally "winging" it . If I'm missing an ingredient I have a endency to just plow ahead when it comes to recipes. I like short cuts since I do have to produce a couple of dinners a week. I decided to try Rice A Roni Herb & Butter, I'd worked my way through other Rice A Roni versions without a problem. I remembered it from my childhood and it looked really simple to make. It's the "San Francisco Treat". I'd just had success with the Fried Rice version so this was the next challenge. All the ingredients are included in the box.   Rice A Roni Herb & Butter is super for making a meal go a long way it just needs some seasoning on your part along with the seasoning packet. It can be a side dish but it can also be a main course if you add vegetables and chicken, beef or seafood and it definitely works very well with these. Use leftovers and add them to your Herb & Butter Rice A Roni and save money. You could end up putting together a main course that only costs about .60 per serving.

The Herb & Butter mix is a light colored combination of rice and little ovoid pastas with little flecks of green herbs. It has a nice homey aroma when cooked up. You can also find other flavors such as Rice A Roni Cheesy pleasers, Spanish Rice, Rice Pilaf, Chicken flavor , Fried Rice, Lower Sodium Beef, Beef. Roasted Garlic Italiano, Long Grain and Wild Rice.Teriyaki, Red Beans and Rice, and more so if this works for you there's a whole around the world election of flavors to play with when you need to make a meal.

Directions: In a large skillet combine the rice pasta (vermicelli) i mix  and  2 tablespoons of butter or margarine and sauté over medium heat until golden brown, being sure to stir frequently. This is where you can get in trouble. Walk away too long and it will burn.  Add 2 1/2  cups of water  , bring it all to a boil. Now add the special seasonings Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15-20 minutes until rice is tender. 2 ½ cups prepared.For a lower fat version substitute margarine with 1/2 1/2 T. olive oil. Now fat will be 4 g.

Rice A Roni can also be microwaved. Combine rice/vermicelli, butter .1 minute on High. Remove. Let stand 1 minute. Stir in 2 1/2 C water and seasonings. Microwave another 17 to  19 minutes uncovered. Serve.     310 calories per serving ( 1/2 Cup). To lower fat substitute the butter or margarine with Olive Oil.

If you follow the directions your rice will be nice and fluffy. The herbs, if done according to the package, give the rice a nice friendly flavor. It's not overwhelmingly herbal, just tasty. It is a flavor that lends itself well to other foods. So along with being easy, inexpensive and tasty it makes you look like you know what you're doing. It's great for guests or a buffet setting since it makes a meal go a long way. Stock your pantry.

Ingredients:

Par boiled long grain rice, wheat flour, , lactose, salt, partially hydrogenated  palm oil, butter,nonfat milk, corn syrup, spices, hudrolyzed soy protein,, sodium caseinate, niacin, ferric orthophosphate, corn gluten,yellow 5  yellow 6 ferrous sulfate,thiamin mononitrate, folic acid, soy lecithin, riboflavin.

Contains wheat, milk, and soy ingredients.    90 calories from fat

1.5 g total fat

0.5 saturated fat

0 Trans fat

0 cholesterol

53 g total carbs

1 g dietary fiber

2 g sugar

5 g protein   Sodium 960 (sounds high but I didn't taste it)

Cheddar Cheese Pack Of 12 Rice-a-roni Country 6.3oz Boxes Tasty Fast Shippin

Cheddar Cheese Pack Of 12 Rice-a-roni Country 6.3oz Boxes Tasty Fast Shippin

Product Details: Rice-A-Roni Country Cheddar, 6.3-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12) Our Rice-A-Roni Country Cheddar flavor is a creamy mix of tender rice, tang...

Pasta Roni Garlic & Olive Oil Vermicelli Mix 4.6-ounce Boxes (pack Of 12)

Pasta Roni Garlic & Olive Oil Vermicelli Mix 4.6-ounce Boxes (pack Of 12)

- Brand NEW items - FREE standard shipping - Easy returns NEW Pasta Roni Garlic Olive Oil Vermicelli Mix 4.6-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12) Our price $42.41...

Rice Roni Chicken.12 Pack.

Rice Roni Chicken.12 Pack.

Cooks in 3 1/2 minutes,just Add Water.12 Pack.1.9 oz each Pack.Rice,vermicelli ,Chicken ,broth and Herbs with other natural flavors.

Pasta Roni, Garlic & Oil, Parmesan, Herbs, Shells Cheddar Your Choice

Pasta Roni, Garlic & Oil, Parmesan, Herbs, Shells Cheddar Your Choice

sharkys Store Listing is for (1) Box of Pasta Roni in the flavor of your choice .Check out my other Food items !