Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser Reviews

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser

Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser Is an All-Around Winner

May 20, 2001

Pros:Wonderfully foaming, mousse-like cleanser

Cons:Contains colorants and extracts which may irritate sensitive skin types

The Bottom Line: An outstanding creamy, foaming cleanser that performs thoroughly and effectively.

I first tried Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser several years ago, when it was first introduced, as a free sample in a Gift With Purchase. As has been proven time and time again, if a company gives away sample sizes of fabulous products, women (and men too sometimes) will get hooked and return to buy the full sizes eventually. So it was with me. I immediately fell in love with the foaming, lightly fragrant experience of cleansing my face with this product, and my experience with it over the years allows me to recommend it highly to most anyone without very sensitive skin.

Packaging and Appearance:

I find the packaging of Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser to combine the best of new and old Clinique. The modern short, chubby, pale pink tube is lent an element of tradition by the flip-top lid colored pale green as in Clinique's yesteryear. The Clinique logo on the front of the tube is a metallic silver, providing an interesting twist on Clinique's past reliance on pale green and silver packaging in general. The matte finish of the tube works well for a product that is often splashed or even dowsed with water, being easy to wipe dry and still maintain its good looks.

The product itself is delivered through a small round opening in the flip-top lid. A beautiful, pearlescent white cream, it's technically fragrance-free, though the inclusion of rosemary, lavender, and eucalyptus in the ingredients is readily apparent after a thoughtful sniff. The consistency is light, creamy, and easily lathering.

Product Claims and How They Fare:

~ Concentrated foamy cream-mousse cleanser for average skins
~ Removes long-wearing makeup quickly, gently, efficiently
~ Soothing to skin, long-lasting

No doubt about it, Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser is a five star product all around. I love its foaming, mousse-like consistency, even though I am well aware that a product does not need to lather or foam in order to cleanse effectively or thoroughly. The combination of the light scent and this foaming ability truly makes for a touch of luxury my twice daily face cleansing ritual. And the cleansing results are excellent. Oil, makeup, dirt, and grime are all removed, leaving behind soft, smooth, comfortable skin.

Clinique recommends the product for average skin types, but I'd broaden the spectrum and say it's probably appropriate for all but the most extreme dry and oily types. If you have skin sensitivities though, I'd tread carefully and patch test the product on another part of your body before applying it to your face. Because it contains such ingredients as rosemary, eucalyptus, pine, etc., as well as two colorants, it may not be as gentle for everyone as it is for me.

Directions:

From product packaging:

Wet hands and face. Squeeze dime-size amount onto palms. Work into lather. Massage onto wet face. Rinse thoroughly. Follow with your regular Clinique 3-Step Skin Care.

I actually apply the product immediately to my face after squeezing a bit onto my palm, and then work it into a lather. I then rinse by splashing my face thoroughly with warm water 8-10 times, making sure that no foamy residue is left behind to cause skin reactions or breakouts. I generally prefer avoiding using a washcloth for rinsing because I think washcloths are basically havens for bacteria unless you launder them after each use. While it's not strictly necessary to follow the Clinique 3-Step Skin Care program, it is a sensible line if you've consulted with a knowledgeable Clinique salesperson. Certainly, if you are uncertain of your skin type or have problem skin of any kind (dry, oily, or breakout-prone) and have not figured out how to manage it, it's a safe bet that you'd do better with one line than picking and choosing products from unrelated brands.

Price and Availability:

Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser and other Clinique products can be purchased online at www.clinique.com or at your local Clinique counter in many department stores and some school bookstores. Go to http://www.clinique.com/templates/door/finder.tmpl
to find the counter nearest you. Any applicable Bonus Time promotions will be included with store listings. A full size 5 fl. oz. tube of Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser retails for about $15.50.

View Clinique's full line of facial cleansers by pointing your brower to http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/products.tmpl?CATEGORY_NAME=
Cleansers&SUPERCAT_NAME=Skin%20Care

Ingredients:

Purified water, potassium myristate, glycerin, potassium behenate, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, potassium palmitate, potassium laurate, potassium stearate, myristic acid, behenic acid, peg-3 distearate, palmitic acid, cholesteryl hydroxystearate, lauric acid, sodium hyaluronate, stearic acid, rosemary, dimethyl octenol, lemon, eucalyptus, lavender, butylene glycol, pine, cardamom, trisodium edta, ext. d & c violet no. 2, fd & c red no. 4.

As with most Clinique products, Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser allergy tested and 100% fragrance-free.

Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

Free Shipping + 3 Free Beauty Samples! Concentrated foamy cream-mousse cleanser for average skins. Removes long-wearing makeup quickly, gently, effici...
Nordstrom

Clinique Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser Travel Size 1 Fl Oz

Clinique Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser Travel Size 1 Fl Oz

Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser Travel Size 1 fl oz Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser Travel Size 1 fl oz Foaming Cleanser Clean your face right...

CLINIQUE by Clinique for WOMEN Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser--/5OZ

CLINIQUE by Clinique for WOMEN Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser--/5OZ

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser--/5OZ for WOMEN
FragranceNet
Clinique Rinse-Off Foam Cleanser/5.0 oz. - No Color

Clinique Rinse-Off Foam Cleanser/5.0 oz. - No Color

Concentrated foamy cream-mousse cleanser for average skins. Removes lasting-wear makeup quickly, gently, efficiently. 5.0 oz. - Color: No Color
Saks Fifth Avenue

Clinique Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser

Clinique Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser

Foamy cream-mousse cleanser removes long-wearing makeup and sunscreens quickly, gently, efficiently. Comforts with soothing botanicals. Leaves skin fe...
Dillard's

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser 150ml/5oz by Clinique

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser 150ml/5oz by Clinique

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$32.00 - Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser-150ml/5oz - skincare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Nordstrom

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser -- Full Size

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser -- Full Size

CLINIQUE rinse off foaming cleanser QTY: 1 Size: 5 oz /150 ml ( full size) Condition: New , unbox, unsealed ( original retail packaging)Sold as pictur...

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser--150ml/5oz/fn129649

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser--150ml/5oz/fn129649

Document SteptoRun Shop Contact Us Subscribe Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser--150ml/5oz Brand:Clinique Gender:Unisex Size:Style Number:FN129649 Co...