Rite Aid Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy Tablets 10mg 30 Ea (011822505383) Reviews

Rite Aid Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy Tablets 10mg 30 Ea (011822505383)

The generic version of Zyrtec works great for my intense allergies!

Mar 2, 2010 (Updated Apr 23, 2010)

Pros:Relieves symptoms for 24 hours, no major side effects, works quickly, keeps working, prescription strength

Cons:Can cause some drowsiness, seems more expensive than other antihistamines (but really isn't)

The Bottom Line: Rite Aid Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy Tablets work well for 24 hours even on my severe allergy symptoms. They're keeping me from scratching myself raw. Cheaper than Zyrtec!

I have severe allergies and I recently had a massive topical allergic reaction of epic proportions and am on steroids to help with the welts and itching. My doctor said I should also take Zyrtec to control the symptoms as well. I decided to buy the generic form, Rite Aid Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy Tablets, because they were cheaper and contained the same ingredients.

These pills work well. They do make me drowsy but they last for 24 hours and really help a LOT with the insane itching.

About the Product

* Itchy, Watery Eyes
* Itchy Throat or Nose

Manufactirer's Info

Packaging

Rite Aid Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy Tablets come in a few different sizes but the package I bought contained 30 white round tablets in a white plastic bottle. The tablets are fairly small, smaller than an aspirin, and uncoated.

My Experience

Benadryl has always been my go to antihistamine when I experienced allergic reactions like runny nose and eyes, sneezing, and other respiratory issues as well as itching from topical allergies. It worked well but was short lived and made me zombie tired.

My doctor said that this medication was better than Benadryl for all the symptoms above and was a one a day tablet. He also said it didn't cause drowsiness. He was right about two things. But this medication does cause drowsiness for me.

Dosing is as simple as taking one pill every 24 hours. I feel the effects within about 20 minutes. I was scratching myself raw before taking a Rite Aid Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy Tablet and suddenly, the itching completely stopped and I was so much more comfortable. My respiratory allergy symptoms were also completely gone.

BUT I became quite drowsy. It was a mellow drowsy, not a "gotta sleep this very minute one" but still. I did note that the drowsiness wore off after about two hours but the good effects lasted at least 20 or more hours before I started to feel slight itchiness and my nose started to run a little.

I will not take Rite Aid Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy Tablets more than once every 24 hours so the last three or four hors are slightly uncomfortable but only slightly. I don't return to the furious itching or the weeping, dripping eyes and nose that I had before I took the medication.

I have had no side effects from Rite Aid Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy aside from the aforementioned drowsiness. It is less than I get with Benadryl though and I don't have to endure it every 4-6 hours like I do with Benadryl. It passes after a couple of hours and I'm good to go.

I think I found a new go to allergy medication! Benadryl will always be in my house but, when I need long lasting major allergy relief, I will take Rite Aid Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy Tablets. I may try the name brand if it goes on sale but my pharmacist said the two were exactly the same so I feel comfortable taking the generic form of Zyrtec.

This medication does not interfere with any other medication that I am taking. I cannot take decongestants due to a thyroid condition so I have to rely solely on antihistamines to alleviate my allergy and cold symptoms. This one is safe for me and for many others who can't take decongestants.

Ingredients

Active Ingredients: Cetirizine HCl (10mg) (antihistamine)

Inactive Ingredients: Corn Starch, Hypromellose, Lactose Monohydrate, Magnesium Stearate, Polytethylene Glycol, Providone, Talc, Titanium Dioxide

Buying Info

Rite Aid Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy Tablets
cost more than Benadryl and similar medications but they last for a full 24 hours, not just 4 to 6. I paid about $14.99 for the 30 pack. That is a month's worth of relief if I take one a day. The price goes down per dose as the quantity goes up. It's only $22.99 for 120 tablets so, if you have a people in your house with allergies or take allergy meds a lot, the bigger quantity is a far better deal. You can buy this brand at Rite Aid and at drugstore.com.

Conclusion

Rite Aid Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy Tablets
work quite well for even my severe allergy symptoms. They do make me drowsy for the first couple of hours after I take one but that wears off as time goes by. I take one at night and, by morning, I am refreshed and not suffering from allergy related symptoms. The generic version is cheaper and contains the same ingredients as Zyrtec so I say go for it. Save some cash and get the relief you need. 4 stars.

8 Rite Aid 3 Blade Cartridge

8 Rite Aid 3 Blade Cartridge

8 Rite Aid Cartridges Not sure what brand they would be used with??What you see in photo is actual item.

Rite Aid Hot & Cold Reusable Compress Extra Large 10 X 15

Rite Aid Hot & Cold Reusable Compress Extra Large 10 X 15

RITE AID HOT COLD REUSABLE COMPRESS.....10 IN X 15 IN......BOX HAS SOME DAMAGE....BOX MAY BE BROKEN DOWN FOR SHIPMENT NOTE; SOME ITEMS ARE STORE CLOSE...

Rite Aid Cloth First Aid Tape 6 Rolls 1 In X 360 In Each

Rite Aid Cloth First Aid Tape 6 Rolls 1 In X 360 In Each

your buying 6 rolls of RITE AID CLOTH FIRST AID TAPE....1 IN x 360 IN EACH...BREATHABLE....LATEX FREE NOTE; SOME ITEMS ARE STORE CLOSEOUTS, SHELF PULL...

Rite Aid Contoured Bed Pan Health Care Lightweight Free Shipping

Rite Aid Contoured Bed Pan Health Care Lightweight Free Shipping

reinjayhawks Store RITE AID CONTOURED BED PAN HEALTH CARE LIGHTWEIGHT FREE SHIPPING NEW Description THIS AUCTION IS FOR A NEW RITE AID CONTOURED BED P...

Rite Aid Hot & Cold Therapy Brace 3 In 1 Design For Ankles, Elbows & Knees

Rite Aid Hot & Cold Therapy Brace 3 In 1 Design For Ankles, Elbows & Knees

box has some damage.........RITE AID PAIN RELIEF HOT COLD THERAPY BRACE...ONE BRACE WITH 2 EXTENSION STRAPS....3 IN 1 DESIGN FOR ANKLES, ELBOWS KNEES....

Rite Aid Instant Cold Pack 8 Soft Material Single Use Cold Packs 6 X 9 Each

Rite Aid Instant Cold Pack 8 Soft Material Single Use Cold Packs 6 X 9 Each

RITE AID PAIN RELIEF INSTANT COLD PACK....8 SINGLE USE COLD PACKS, 6 IN x 9 IN EACH.....FAST RELIEF FOR BRUISES SWELLING, MUSCLE SPASM HEADACHES MINOR...

2 Rite Aid Back & Neck Cold Reusable Pads For Back & Large Areas 12x12 Each

2 Rite Aid Back & Neck Cold Reusable Pads For Back & Large Areas 12x12 Each

NOTE; SOME ITEMS ARE STORE CLOSEOUTS, SHELF PULLS ETC...PACKAGING MAY HAVE IMPERFECTIONS BUT CONTENTS ARE STILL IN GOOD CONDITION AND USABLE...ALL SAL...

Rite Aid Gauze Sponges, 4 In. 50 Ct.

Rite Aid Gauze Sponges, 4 In. 50 Ct.

Condition: Our Price: $44.54 Brand: Rite Aid Corporation Country of Manufacture: Unknown Model: Gauze Sponges Gauze Sponges, 50 ea

3 Rolls Rite Aid Ultrawrap Athletic Bandages 2.5 In X 60 In Each

3 Rolls Rite Aid Ultrawrap Athletic Bandages 2.5 In X 60 In Each

3 rolls RITE AID ULTRAWRAP ATHLETIC BANDAGE......2.5 IN X 60 IN EACH....SOFT, FLEXIBLE COMFORTABLE...REUSABLE BREATHABLE MATERIAL WICKS AWAY MOISTURE....

Rite Aid True Track Blood Glucose Monitor 07/2012

Rite Aid True Track Blood Glucose Monitor 07/2012

RITE AID TRUE TRACK BLOOD GLUCOSE MONITOR NIB True Precision for Clinically Accurate Results. Easy to Use Fast Test Time Small Sample Size Affordable ...