Rite Aid Hydrocortisone Cream USP 1% Anti-Itch Cream & Rash 2 oz (Rite Aid) Reviews

Rite Aid Hydrocortisone Cream USP 1% Anti-Itch Cream & Rash 2 oz (Rite Aid)

Stops itching and heals all kinds of rashes for just a few bucks.

Apr 23, 2010

Pros:Inexpsnsive, works well, soothes and stops itching, many uses, heals

Cons:A tiny amount of hydrocortisone which is a steroid but does NOT have side effects

The Bottom Line: Rite Aid Hydrocortisone Cream USP 1% Anti-Itch Cream & Rash quickly and effectively healed my itchy scabby area on my neck due to allergies. No side effects and works great.

A couple of months ago, I experienced a severe allergic reaction that caused hives. I was on steroids and eventually, the situation was under control. I no longer have the issue but there is one spot that still continued to itch. It is on my neck and has been raw and red. I tried not to itch it but well, it itched!

I take Rite Aide's version of Zyrtec but that wasn't helping this red and scabby sore. I went to Rite Aid, plunked down a bunch of different creams, and asked the pharmacist to give me the one that I needed. He looked at my neck and handed me Rite Aid Hydrocortisone Cream USP 1% Anti-Itch Cream & Rash.

It's doing the job! I am not itching the area and it is finally healing.

About the Product

* Insect Bites

Compare to the active ingredient in Cortizone10 and Cortaid

Manufacturer's Info

My Experience

This product comes in a two ounce tube with a flip open cap. It is white and I smell nothing at all when I apply it. I am relieved about that because fragrance has been bugging me lately and I didn't want a fragranced product on my somewhat open wound.

The cream glides on fine and absorbs fine. It isn't oily or greasy and immediately hydrates the area and cools it. After I use it, the area feels less inflamed and definitely stops itching.

The box says to apply the cream not more than three to four times a day and that it is for use in those over the age of two.

This cream addresses issues with eczema, allergic rashes (such as mine), psoriasis, insect bites, and dermatitis. Pretty much anything that makes the skin itch can be helped by Rite Aid Hydrocortisone Cream USP 1% Anti-Itch Cream & Rash.

I was concerned that it was steroid cream and that the steroids would get in to my system. I already took a 12 day regiment of steroids and didn't want any more. My pharmacist told me that the tiny amount of Hydrocortisone that actually is in the product and then gets into my system is so minute that I don't have anything to worry about. This cream is not addicting nor will it cause any steroidal side effects.

I have the two ounce tube because it was just about the same price as the one ounce one. I am sure it will get used by my family now that summer is approaching. We are always getting bug bites and rashes from hiking and being around the woods and water.

I have used this cream three times a day for a week and the area that I have treated is almost healed. It was really red and scabby and itched like crazy. Now it is barely there and I haven't been scratching it. What a relief!

Ingredients

Active Ingredients: Hydrocortisone (1%) (Antipruritic (anti-itch))

Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Gel, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Methylparaben (and), Water Purified

From box

Buying Info

Rite Aid Hydrocortisone Cream USP 1% Anti-Itch Cream & Rash can be purchased at any Rite Aid drugstore as well as both drugstore.com and riteaid.com. It is reasonably priced at under $6.00. I paid $5.49 for my tube at the store. This is the two ounce size so you get a lot of product for a few bucks and it has so many uses!

Conclusion

I rarely have to resort to topical creams for itchy areas but the latest allergic attack really did me in. The area on my neck just would NOT stop itching even while on steroids and taking antihistamines. I was starting to worry that the area would never heal. It looked awful. Rite Aid Hydrocortisone Cream USP 1% Anti-Itch Cream & Rash effectively stopped the intense itching and also helped the area to heal and did so quickly.

I am going to use it for another couple of days to be sure the area is healed and then stop. I will use this cream for other things throughout the summer months. I had no side effects and my skin was soothed and hydrated as well as treated. I would buy this cream again and will do so when the tube I have is empty. there are lots of uses for it and it works! 5 stars. No complaints at all.

Hydrocortisone Cream 1%  by Cramer : First Aid

Hydrocortisone Cream 1% by Cramer : First Aid

Hydrocortisone Cream 1% Health & Beauty > Health Care > First Aid > Creams & Ointments
eSportsonline

Rugby Hydrocortisone Cream 1% Usp 28gm 5 Tubes

Rugby Hydrocortisone Cream 1% Usp 28gm 5 Tubes

Fast Itch and rash relief in a soothing,  cooling cream. Helps with poison oak, ivy or insect bites.                        EXPIRES 11-2014 EXPIRES 11...

Swift First Aid 0.01 Hydrocortisone Cream Foil Pack (144 Per Box)

Swift First Aid 0.01 Hydrocortisone Cream Foil Pack (144 Per Box)

Have Questions? Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Us | Store Policy Swift First Aid 0.01 Hydrocortisone Cream Foil Pack (144 Per Box) OUR SKU# OQG2...

Hydrocortisone Cream 1.0% 25 Per Box

Hydrocortisone Cream 1.0% 25 Per Box

We carry a wide range of topical products - antiseptics, antibiotics and first aid creams that effectively kill germs while accelerating the healing p...
Full Source ®

Premier Value Hydrocortisone Cream Plus - 1oz
Fougera Hydrocortisone Cream Usp,0.5%anti-itch Cream (1 O.z.)

Fougera Hydrocortisone Cream Usp,0.5%anti-itch Cream (1 O.z.)

Product Description Purpose : Anti-Itch Manufacturer : Fougera Active Ingredients : Each Gram: Hydrocortisone 5 mg Directions : For minor skin irritat...

1% Hydrocortisone Cream 8/9-g Foil

1% Hydrocortisone Cream 8/9-g Foil

1% Hydrocortisone Cream, 8/9g Foil
All Time Medical

Swift First Aid Hydrocortisone Creams - 233020 - Septls714233020 - 4 Item Bundle

+ Add Shoplet to Favorite Sellers Swift first aid Hydrocortisone Creams - 233020 - SEPTLS714233020 - 4 Item Bundle This is for - not one - but for a 4...

Medline CURAD Hydrocortisone Cream