Ritter Sport - Milk Chocolate with Cornflakes Reviews

Ritter Sport - Milk Chocolate with Cornflakes

Ritter Sport Chocolate with Corn Flakes... worth the splurge!

May 8, 2009

Pros:Delicious chocolate with Corn Flakes. Yum!

Cons:May expand your bottom line.

The Bottom Line: A little chocolate is good for the soul.

I first heard of Ritter Sport chocolate bars when my husband Bill and I were living at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. We passed a display with the little square chocolate bars and Bill told me they were a very popular brand of chocolate in Germany. Little did I know that we would one day be living in Germany, not so far from where Ritter Sports are made!

Why Ritter Sport bars are square

Ritter Sport chocolate bars were invented by Alfred Ritter and his wife Clara. The chocolate bar's distinctive square shape was Clara's idea. She wanted to develop a candy bar that could be carried in a pocket without breaking. To this day, that's this candy bar's trademark. A 100 gram Ritter Sport has sixteen squares that are easy to break and save for a later time.

Ritter Sport Milk Chocolate with Corn Flakes

To me, Ritter Sport Milk Chocolate with Corn Flakes reminds me most of Nestle Crunch bars back when they were made with better chocolate. Granted, there is a flavor difference between Corn Flakes and rice, but the texture is the same, crispy and very satisfying. Ritter Sport bars are made with rich, high-quality chocolate, too.

Ingredients and Calories

Naturally, Ritter Sport with Corn Flakes is not a dietetic food. But they are made with high quality ingredients including: sugar, cocoa butter, dried cream, corn flakes, chocolate liquor, dried milk, dried whey, lactose, lecithin - an emulsifier, vanillin - an artificial flavoring. There may also be traces of peanuts or other types of nuts. Six pieces of this candy contain 190 calories and 11 grams of fat. Six pieces equates to a little less than half the bar.

My thoughts

Ritter Sport with Corn Flakes are high and in fat and calories, but I really don't care. I'm already married and my husband buys them for me to keep me from getting too grumpy. I must say, they work very well as an antidepressant, even if the side effects include a wider backside. The Corn Flakes variety of Ritter Sport candy bars is probably one of their less exciting ones, but it remains one of my absolute favorites. If you like Nestle Crunch bars, you might want to give Ritter Sport with Corn Flakes a try. They're vastly superior in my opinion.

Where can you find Ritter Sport?

In America, I've seen Ritter Sports for sale in military commissaries and AAFES. However, I would also look for them in places that sell chocolate from overseas, like World Market. You can also buy Ritter Sports online. I've seen individual bars priced at about $2.50. Be sure to store it in a cool, dry place.

Ritter Sports come in a wide variety of flavors and sizes, so if Corn Flakes aren't your thing, you're likely to find something more appealing.

For more information: www.ritter-sport.de

Choc Bar Mlk Corn Flakes (Pack of 10) (Note: This Product Description Is Informational Only. Always Check The Actual Product Label In Your Possession ...