Rival SCV702 7-Quart Slow Cooker Reviews

Rival SCV702 7-Quart Slow Cooker

+$8.49 shipping Home Depot

Slow Cooking Is ALWAYS the Way To Go!

Dec 30, 2007

Pros:easy to use, cleans up well, dishwasher safe lid and stoneware

Cons:none that I have found.

The Bottom Line: Rival Crockpots are just the best! They have so many uses and make great anytime gifts too!

One of the great things about being a mom is that when your kids grow up they will sometimes get you a really nice gift as an adult. Mind you, the gifts that my children have gotten me over the years have all been great! Especially the ones they made with their own two hands. But, sometimes, like I said, having an adult kid does have its perks.

My youngest daughter got me to great kitchen appliances for Christmas and I am most happy with both of them.

I have used crockpots (slow cookers) for as long as I can remember. I have two that I use all the time and both are by Rival and now I have a third one. The other two will still get used because they do have their purposes in my kitchen and at my church, but, this new one, well, it is now the favorite. I can do so many things with it.

The Product

The Rival SCV702 7-Quart Slow Cooker is a wonderful addition to any kitchen. Cooks all day while the cooks away! Just like the package says. Of course most people already know that bit of information about crockpots.

Has a dishwasher safe lid and the stoneware comes out for easy clean up, which is also dishwasher safe. Handles are easy to grasp and not hot and the 7 quarts is a real plus. Seems that as my kids become adults they want to add to the family! Go figure! But, with this Rival SCV702 7-Quart Slow Cooker I will be able to add to the meal with no problems.

The Rival SCV702 7-Quart Slow Cooker has 3 temperature settings, including a warm setting, which is really, really, really nice.

The beautiful red color is just what I wanted. I have been adding a splash of red with utensils for a few months now so this was perfect. Of course my other crockpots are not the red color but still look okay with this new one.

My Rival SCV702 7-Quart Slow Cooker even had a bonus travel case, which I was very thrilled with! I will not only have the best-looking crockpot at the next church function but the carry case too! The crockpot fits easily inside and has Velcro for the handles and the front where the zippers come together for better security and handling.

Company Info

Rival makes a lot of great products. You can go to their website at:

www.rival.com

How I Feel

Crock-pots come in various shapes and sizes and colors giving you a great choices for your money. Since I now have the 2 qt, 4 qt and 7 qt ones I can cook all kinds of things at once. I take mine to church functions and every 1st and 3rd Saturday I use them at Parents Night out at my church. Since my husband and I oversee the fellowship hall all year long we decided to oversee this event so the teachers are not taken away from the kids. My crock pots are a great way to keep the various foods warm that my husband and I prepare for the kids and this insures the parents that they’re kids are well fed with a good hot and wholesome meal.

In my home, I cook all sorts of things in them. Recently though I cooked a ham in the my new Rival SCV702 7-Quart Slow Cooker on the low setting. Took about 4 hours and the ham fell to pieces. Just the way we like it! The taste was better than baking in the oven and a lot less heat and a lot easier clean up.

When I was able to work I would set up my crockpot and leave it and when I got home, dinner was done. However, I do admit that in my older age I do not leave my appliances unattended as much as I use to. Things do go wrong and I would prefer to be home when using my appliances now. I guess as you get older you truly realize that some things are just not worth it. Especially if you could loose everything you own. Having insurance is a wonderful thing, but not even insurance replaces all things. So take care when using any of your appliance.

Overall I am most happy with my brand new Rival SCV702 7-Quart Slow Cooker and highly recommend it. The size is perfect for my growing family. And it truly is amazing what one can actually cook in a crockpot.

I hope that this has helped in some kind of way.

God Bless!