Roc Age Diminishing Daily Moisturizer Spf 15

A RoC solid cream that will make your skin glow and wallet bulge

Jun 15, 2005

Pros:Inexpensive, has sunscreen in it, doesn't clog pores, good for all skin types

Cons:Not as thick as some prefer

The Bottom Line: This is a good day cream but can also be used at night. Lightweight yet moisturizing. Sunscreen adds to the appeal.

As I mentioned in my review of RoC Protient Lift Night Firming Cream, my sister was kind enough to gift me with some RoC products for my last birthday. RoC Diminishing Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 was one of the products she gave me. Knowing I love to try new skin creams and try to slow down the aging process that I hate so much, she did a little research and found that RoC users were very happy with the product.

Now it was my turn to test the cream out and see what I thought. This cream is very unlike what I am used to. I like thick cream, even in the day. I have normal to dry skin and just feel like, if it’s thicker, it is better. But, I learned, that isn’t always the case.

About RoC

From www.drugstore.com:

RoC has been a leading French skincare brand since 1957, devoted to developing anti-aging products that guarantee visible and lasting results for healthier, younger-looking skin. Strong partnerships with dermatologists have contributed to our expertise in understanding skincare and developing clinically proven products which are highly effective, yet suitable for all skin types.

The Packaging

RoC products are modestly packaged in a blue and white box. This cream is more of a lotion in my mind, and is in a white plastic container with a pump top. You get a generous three ounces of cream per bottle.

The Official Word

This is also from wwww.dugstore.com:

RoC Age Diminishing Daily Moisturizer with Soy Complex and Vitamin E is an optimal blend of active proteins, essential lipids and antioxidants that helps to balance and even skin tone, diminish the appearance of wrinkles, and improve skin firmness for a more youthful look.
This gentle, fast-absorbing lotion visibly reduces the signs of aging:
• Evens skin tone & texture
• Diminishes the appearance of wrinkles and age spots
• Improves skin firmness
• Leaves skin soft, smooth and younger looking
• Dermatologist tested, clinically proven
This exclusive formula is: Hypo-allergenic, Oil-free, and Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

My Experience

I usually like to use products that go together. My sister bought me RoC Protient Lift Night Firming Cream but a different sort of day cream (which you could actually use for both night and day according to the package) and that sent me into a little panic. As soon as I settled down, and after trying the night cream, I started to use this cream daily before putting on make up or just to stay around the house after cleansing.

The pump bottle is a great idea. It keeps the cream safe from bacteria unlike jarred cream where you dip your fingers into it all the time. It also only allows a small amount of cream out per pump which, for heavy-handed people like me, saves the product and allows it to last much longer than a jarred cream.

It is thin and white with a barely noticeable scent. If anything, it smells slightly fresh. The cream smooths on easily and absorbs quickly. It doesn’t leave behind any greasy residue and you can apply make up right away. Most of the creams I am used to need plenty of time to absorb or else my foundation slides away. I did like the convenience of RoC allowing me to apply it and immediately put my make up on without any problems.

A big plus is that the cream has SPF 15 right in it. You can buy the same formula minus the SPF as well but I liked having sunscreen built into my day cream. Any protection is good protection from the sun’s harmful rays and 15 is fine for me for daily wear.

My face is fairly dry and often, it feels tight during the day. I didn’t notice that feeling much when I used RoC. It seemed to have quite a long lasting effect and kept my skin moist but not greasy. There is such a fine line between the two and RoC seemed to be able to walk that line well.
As well as sunscreen, this cream has soy and vitamin E, both healthy things for your skin. Remarkably, it’s only about $15 for three ounces. I have tried creams that were many, many times that amount for only an ounce and really didn’t notice a great difference in the texture of my skin when using them.

I used RoC Diminishing Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 daily for several weeks. Although they claim your skin will be firmer, I didn’t notice any added firmness. I did notice a softer complexion, no clogged pores, and very even skin texture. As for diminishing lines … as usual, I saw none of that. Let’s face it, all the ingredients in the world can’t completely take away what time has done to us unless we go the Botox, Restalyne, or the surgical route. However, by taking good care of your skin, you can make the most of what you have and RoC did a nice job of that for me.

When the bottle was empty, I didn’t get more because I had so many other kinds of creams already and had to use them up. I am a face cream junkie! Plus, even though RoC was moisturizing, I am still hooked on cream that is a bit thicker and silkier and that makes me have to wait around for 15 minute before I can apply make up. I know it’s silly but I probably got that from my older sister who slathers on pounds of face cream and swears it keeps her young looking (and it does!).

Ingredients

For those who like to know what is in their creams or who may have allergies, here’s a list of ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% (sunscreen), Avobenzone 3% (sunscreen), Octisalate 2% (sunscreen)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (soybean), Dimethicone, Bis-Phenopropyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Arachidyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Behenyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Steareth-2, Mica, Steareth-21, Titanium Dioxide, Polymethylmethacrylate Arachidyl Glucoside, Disodium EDTA, Polyacrylamide, PEG-4 Laurate, Methylparaben, C13-14 Isoparaffin, BHT, Laureth 7, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Silica, Benzalkonium Chloride, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Iodopropyl Butylcarbamate, Tocopheryl Acetate

Buying Info

RoC products can be found at most online drugstores and sites that carry skin care products. RoC is also sold in brick and mortar drugstores and department stores for reasonable prices. They have a variety of skin care items and are generally very well liked by people who use them.

Conclusion

This cream is a lighter weight one than I am used to but it has a lot going for it. It has SPF 15 in it which protects your face from harmful UV rays. It has soy and vitamin E to nourish your skin and it doesn’t clog pores. It is good for all skin types, not just for those of us with drier skin. A little goes a long way and, with the convenient and healthy pump top, you can get just enough of the cream in a pump or two to cover your face and neck with no wasting of the product. I definitely felt as though it moisturized my face and it lasted throughout the day. I didn’t see a lot of firmness happening or diminishing of fine lines but my skin did look quite healthy and even textured and toned.

It’s an above average cream for a below average price. It isn’t going to work miracles on anyone but you know that no creams will. This is a good choice for those who want a good day cream that won’t break the bank nor clog the pores. If you desire, you can buy the same cream without the sunscreen and use your own or wear none, whatever your preference is. I found the addition of the sunscreen to be a plus.

I still am going through some of my thicker day creams and I may go back to RoC when I am done. There are several formulas of day and night creams and, if I do go back to RoC, I will buy the same type for night and day. However, I had absolutely no problems using RoC day cream with my own completely different night cream.

For the record, this cream can be used for both day and night. I wouldn’t use it at night because I prefer a thicker, more full-bodied night cream but younger people and those with oilier skin may find this to be the perfect cream for both day and nighttime use.

Four stars!

Click here to read my review of RoC Protient Lift Night Firming Cream

Roc Multi Correxion 5 In 1 Daily Moisturizer 1.7 Fl Oz

Roc Multi Correxion 5 In 1 Daily Moisturizer 1.7 Fl Oz

Factory Sealed BOX of RoC Hexinol Multi Correxion 5 in 1 Daily Moisturizer 1.7 fl oz (50 ml) Retail Value: $28 Expire: 5/2015 RoC Multi Correxion 5 in...

Roc Daily Resurfacing Disks 28 Disks Diminish Fine Lines & Wrinkles Aging

Roc Daily Resurfacing Disks 28 Disks Diminish Fine Lines & Wrinkles Aging

jeanmarieduval store ROC DAILY RESURFACING DISKS New Clinically shown to diminish the apperance of fine lines and wrinkles 28 self foaming, dual textu...

Roc Multi Correxion Lift Anti-gravity Day Moisturizer Spf 30, 1.3 Ounce

Roc Multi Correxion Lift Anti-gravity Day Moisturizer Spf 30, 1.3 Ounce

RoC Multi Correxion Lift Anti-Gravity Day Moisturizer SPF 30, 1.3 Ounce Features Daily moisturizer with spf 30 Breakthrough line of products diminishe...

Roc Multi Correxion Lift Anti-Gravity

Roc Multi Correxion Lift Anti-Gravity

Product Details Daily moisturizer with spf 30 Breakthrough line of products diminishes the appearance of multiple signs of aging Exclusive fusion of p...
Roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer 1 Oz W/bonus Daily Resurfac

Roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer 1 oz w/bonus Daily Resurfacing Disks included with this purchase!YOU GET EXACTLY SHOWN IN THE PHO...

(2) Roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer, 1.0 Oz Each

(2) Roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer, 1.0 Oz Each

TWO Factory Sealed TUBES of RoC Retinol Correxion DEEP WRINKLE DAILY MOISTURIZER SPF 30 2 x 1.0 fl oz (30 ml) Each Retail Value: $46 Expire: 8/2014 Ro...

RoC Multi Correxion 5 in 1 Daily Moisturizer, 1.7 oz

RoC Multi Correxion 5 in 1 Daily Moisturizer, 1.7 oz

RoC Multi Correxion 5 in 1 Daily Moisturizer, with HEXINOL technology, fights multiple signs of aging in one complete solution to help your skin look ...

RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer -- 1 fl oz

RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer -- 1 fl oz

RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 is an intensive anti-wrinkle moisturizing treatment that works throughout the day to ...
Vitacost.com

2-roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer

2-roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer

TWO Factory Sealed TUBES of RoC Retinol Correxion DEEP WRINKLE DAILY MOISTURIZER SPF 30 2 x 1.0 fl oz (30 ml) Each Retail Value: $46 Expire: 1/2015 Ro...