Roc A Fella Roc Protient Lift Night Firming Cream

My face didn't firm up like a "RoC" but my skin liked this cream

Jun 15, 2005 (Updated Jun 15, 2005)

Pros:Inexpensive, moisturizing, absorbs fast, didn't clog my pores

Cons:Didn't firm my face

The Bottom Line: This is a good, inexpensive night cream for those who want simplicity and deep moisturizing. Don't expect a miracle as far as firming goes though.

My sister gave me a tube of RoC Protient Lift Night Firming Cream for my birthday last year along with the day and eye cream. She knows I love to try new lotions and creams, especially if they claim to stop the aging process. She’s a few years younger than me and I think she is using me as a guinea pig for when she gets over the hill like me. But, that’s fine with me, I get the free stuff and the benefits of testing things out. She gets all the partially used stuff I don’t like. A great partnership!

RoC is a good name in skin care and, although it is not high end nor all that well known, it has been quietly using firming and anti aging ingredients in its products for years. I decided to give RoC Protient Lift Night Firming Cream a try and see if did all it claimed to do.

The Official Word

This is from www.drugstore.com:

Action: Protient Lift Night Firming Cream visibly firms, tightens and deeply moisturizes your skin while you sleep.
Innovation: Protient Lift™ Night Firming Cream is an advanced formula that makes you look younger. Developed with dermatologists, Protient Lift™ Night Firming Cream combines Protient™, a natural firming nutrient, which helps support the skin's ability to tighten and tone, and hydrating emollients to deeply moisturize all night long.

Packaging

This product comes in a white and blue box and is in a white squeeze tube. There is 1.35 oz of cream in the tube. The cream is white and quite thin and light, not at all heavy or sticky.

My Experience

I used my regular day cream as I didn’t want to use two new products at once (I later used the RoC day cream and eye cream I was given). At night, I applied my usual eye cream and then I used the RoC night cream.

The cream is thin, as I said, compared to jarred cream that is greasy or heavy. It goes on very smoothly and feels light and moist on my face. I liked that it didn’t take forever to absorb. I hate going to bed with a greasy face and waking up with a greasy pillowcase. This product absorbed fast and left my face feeling moist but not greasy.

When I woke up in the morning, my face felt fine. Not greasy or filmy nor was it dry and taut. The container said I should use it nightly for eight weeks for best results so I didn’t expect to see any major results in a night or two. Frankly, I didn’t even expect to see any minor results. I don’t buy into the hype of most products anymore and this was just another one in a long line of creams that promised to change my skin for the better. Ironically, their motto is “We Keep Our Promises.”

After about three weeks of using only RoC at night and not my usual heavier cream, I found I quite liked the lightness of the cream and the lack of pore clogging that was going on. Heavy creams are great but can wreak havoc with my pores and then cause breakouts. I want to look youthful but not 14 again with pimples so that was always a concern. I experienced no breakouts at all while using this cream.

While I did like all of the above, I did not see any visible firming of the skin as advertised. My skin is in pretty good shape and is not very saggy or anything but I can tell if my face is firmer and it didn’t seem to be. My skin was clear and moisturized and it looked good, but visibly firmer? Nah ...

Still I can’t really condemn this product. It was reasonably priced (I saw it online for about $18.00), concentrated, and did make my skin moist and soft without clogging my pores. A little goes a long way and the tube lasted quite a while. I didn’t finish it; I gave it to my sister after the three weeks but she used it for another three or four weeks after that. I passed it on to her because, as much as I liked some of the benefits of the cream, I had a regiment at the time that worked well for me and I wanted to get back to it. I have since tried many, many night creams and comparatively, RoC held its own as far as making my skin supple and moist and did about as good a job as any of the others for firming. I have yet to find a cream that truly firms the skin without being a temporary fix that makes me feel like I have a ponytail pulled way too tight. I want youthful skin but not at that price!

Ingredients

For those with allergies, sensitivities, or who just want to know what’s in this stuff, here are the ingredients:

Water, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Lactose, Cetyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dimethyl MEA, Cetyl Phosphate, Glycolic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Myristate, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Melibiose, Phenoxyethanol, Tyrosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol

Buying Info

RoC products are available at most online drugstores and other websites that sell skin care items. You can buy RoC at most brick and mortar drugstores and department stores as well. They have an extensive line of skin care creams and treatments and all are reasonably priced.

Conclusion

RoC Protient Lift Night Firming Cream is a good cream for those who want intensive moisturizing without a lot of greasiness or mess. It absorbs quickly and goes to work fast on dry skin. It leaves your skin feeling pliant and soft the next day. As for firming the skin, since I only used it a little over three weeks, I can’t say for SURE that it doesn’t visibly firm the skin. However, I noticed no signs of that when using this product. Still, I do trust RoC products and they have proven to be as good or better than some very high end products, at least for me. I am considering buying some more when my current skin care system runs out as I am sick of the millions of steps I have to take every night before bed. I want to cleanse and put some cream on and go. RoC allows you to do that without all the in between steps of toning, serums, and the like.

This is a slightly above average cream with a below average price tag that I do recommend to anyone who wants long lasting benefits and doesn’t want to send $50 for a little jar of night cream.

As for expecting it to firm your face, just put your hair in a ponytail and pull it really right. There! Your face is firm now! Ha!

So far, after all the creams I have tried, I can’t say any of them visibly really firmed my face or zapped my fine lines. However, RoC certainly was no worse than the others and is worth a shot!

Click here to read my review of RoC Age Diminishing Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

Roc - Protient Fortify - Lift And Define Eye Cream - 0.5 Fl Oz - - Boxed

Roc - Protient Fortify - Lift And Define Eye Cream - 0.5 Fl Oz - - Boxed

We are not representatives of this brand and/or company and are not affiliated with them in any way. Domestic (USA) Shipping: · In general we will shi...

2 Roc Multi Correction Lift Anti Gravity Day Moisturizer Sunscreen Spf 30

2 Roc Multi Correction Lift Anti Gravity Day Moisturizer Sunscreen Spf 30

This is for 2 Roc multi lift anti gravity day moisturizer with sunscreen SPF 30 1.0 oz. I try to lost everything the best of my knowledge please if I ...
Roc Complete Lift Eye Pen .05 Fl. Oz. In Package Free Shipping

Roc Complete Lift Eye Pen .05 Fl. Oz. In Package Free Shipping

RoC Complete Lift Eye Pen .05 fl. oz. size You will receive 1 Eye Pen Gives eyelids a visibly lifted look. Reduces puffiness under eyes.
Roc Complete Lift contouring Eye Roller

Roc Complete Lift contouring Eye Roller

COMPLETE LIFT SIZE: 0.5 FL OZ GIVES EYES A VISIBLY LIFTED, FIRMER LOOK REDUCES PUFFINESS CLINICALLY SHOWN TO GIVE EYELIDS A VISIBLY LIFTED LOOK THE LU...

(2) Roc Retinol Correxion Eye Cream Anti-aging 0.5 Fl Oz Bnip

(2) Roc Retinol Correxion Eye Cream Anti-aging 0.5 Fl Oz Bnip

(2) RoC **PLEASE NOTE - The Original Security Tags Are Adhered to the Top of these Boxes ** You will receive:(2) RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream 0.5 f...

Roc Complete Lift Eye Pen .05 Fl. Oz. In Package

Roc Complete Lift Eye Pen .05 Fl. Oz. In Package

RoC Complete Lift Eye Pen .05 fl. oz. size Gives eyelids a visibly lifted look. Reduces puffiness under eyes.The breakthrough anti-aging dermo-cosmeti...

Roc Complete Lift Eye Cream 0.5 Oz

Roc Complete Lift Eye Cream 0.5 Oz

Complete Lifts Eye Cream Visibly lifts eyelids Firms around eye

Roc Complete Lift Eye Pen For A Visibly Lifted Look 2 X 0.05 Fl Oz Ea

Roc Complete Lift Eye Pen For A Visibly Lifted Look 2 X 0.05 Fl Oz Ea

ROC COMPLETE LIFT EYE PEN 2 X .05 FL OZ GIVES EYELIDS A VISIBLY LIFTED LOOK REDUCES PUFFINESS UNDER EYES USE ALONE OR UNDER MAKE-UP IN THE MORNING AND...

Roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream 2/1oz +bonus 28 Resurfacing Disks

RoC® Retinol Correxion 2 of 1 oz of Deep Wrinkle Night Cream + Bonus 28 Daily Resurfacing Disk Deep Wrinkle Night Cream How it works: This exclusive c...

(2) Roc Retinol Correxion Eye Cream, 0.5 Fl Oz Each

(2) Roc Retinol Correxion Eye Cream, 0.5 Fl Oz Each

TWO Brand New Factory Sealed TUBES of RoC Retinol Correxion EYE CREAM 2 x 0.5 fl oz (15 ml) Each (30 mL total) Retail Value: $48 Smooth wrinkles aroun...