Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews, Wild Cherry

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews In Wild Cherry.....Medicine Or Candy?

Jan 24, 2006 (Updated Jan 25, 2006)

Pros:Nice flavor, contains calcium.

Cons:Didn't work for me!

The Bottom Line: This product did not work at all for me, maybe it will be better for you??

Not one to suffer from heartburn and indigestion often, I've never kept antacids on hand, until about a month ago when I started having trouble with heartburn frequently. I picked up a package of Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews In Wild Cherry at the store. Cherry is one of my favorite flavors so I was hoping this product would be effective and take care of my frequent heartburn. Did it work? Read on!

Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews In Wild Cherry

Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews In Wild Cherry come in two different size packages. One package contains two packs of soft chews (like a roll only square) and the other is a box containing 7 packs of soft chews. I purchased the two pack package since I didn't know how effective these would be. Each stick contains 6 soft chews. I paid $1.99 for this package. The larger size was available for $5.99. This product is also available in Vanilla Creme flavor.

Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews In Wild Cherry relieves heartburn, sour stomach, acid indigestion and upset stomach associated with any of the above symptoms.

Directions For Use

Packaging suggests chewing 1-3 of the soft chews for above related symptoms every hour as needed. Package also warns to not take more than 6 soft chews in a 24 hour period.

My Experience With Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews

I thought the flavor of Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews In Wild Cherry was really great. They are chewy, a nice cherry flavor and no chalky taste or bad aftertaste. The consistency reminded me of a soft taffy candy (and the taste was not for behind).

Each soft chew is individually wrapped which is an advantage over purchasing a roll of Tums. Packaged in a stick is also very convenient to tuck in a purse or pocket. Although, I liked the flavor of Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews In Wild Cherry, I did not find them effective. I could chew three tablets and still have heartburn. I gave these soft chews several chances because that was all I had in my desk drawer, but after a week I switched over to Tums Ultra Maximum Strength Antacid/Calcium Chewable Tablet Supplement . I found Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews In Wild Cherry to be a huge disappointment.

Ingredients

Active: Calcium Carbonate 1177 mg

Inactive: Corn Starch, Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup Solids, FD&C Red No. 40 Aluminum Lake, Flavoring, Glycerin, Hydrognated Coconut Oil, Nonfat Dry Milk, Sodium Chloride, Soy Lecithin, Sucrose, Calcium 471 mg.

Product Warnings

Antacids may interfere/interact with certain prescription drugs. Ask your doctor first before taking this product if you are on any prescription drugs.

Do not take more than 6 soft chews in a 24 hour period.

Do not use if foil packaging has been broken.

Keep out of reach of children and pets!

Store in a dry place.

Company Information

Rolaids Soft Chews are distributed by:

Pfizer
New York, NY (USA)

Phone: 1-800-223-0182

Recommendation

I cannot recommend Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews In Wild Cherry based on my usage of this product. I found it very ineffective for my symptoms. However, the flavor is good and they do contain calcium. Maybe they will work better for you? I give Rolaids Antacid Soft Chews In Wild Cherry 2 Stars.