Rolaids Extra Strength Antacid Tablets 100 Tablets

Rolaids Antacid Tablets

Aug 8, 2000 (Updated Sep 16, 2001)

Pros:works fast, contains calcium and magnesium

Cons:aftertaste that lingers

The Bottom Line: This is a wonderful product for anyone with heartburn. It not only relieves your symptoms, but it also puts calcium into your body!

I am pregnant, and with this condition comes some of the worse heartburn imaginable. I know that not every pregnant woman gets heartburn, but goodness knows I sure do.

I know a few of the triggers—bacon being the #1 trigger for me—but some of what triggers my heartburn is still a mystery. If I do end up getting heartburn, from eating an unknown trigger food, I have found one remedy that works fast every time—Rolaids Antacid Tablets.

I will start off by telling you what I love about the Rolaids Antacid Tablets.

The very best, and to me most important, trait of the Rolaids tablets is the fact that it works. It eliminates my heartburn 100%, every time I use it. It doesn’t just dull the symptoms--it eliminates them.

Another very important factor for me is that it eliminates my heartburn very quickly. If you suffer from heartburn, you know how very unpleasant it can be. When that awful feeling strikes, you want it gone as soon as possible! With Rolaids, I know that within a few minutes (usually less than 5 for me) I will be heartburn-free.

One of the reasons I chose Rolaids is that it includes calcium (220 mg per tablet) and magnesium (45 mg per tablet). Most people don’t get enough calcium, so for a frequent heartburn sufferer this is a very valuable supplement. The magnesium is also very helpful because it aids your body’s absorption of the calcium. I get heartburn almost every day, so the added calcium and magnesium is actually good for my baby and me.

Now, I will tell you what I don’t like about Rolaids Antacid Tablets. It’s just one thing, the aftertaste.

When you initially chew the Rolaids tablets the taste is quite pleasant, almost like you are biting into a breath mint. Unfortunately, that very pleasant taste gives way in a matter of moments to a VERY chalky aftertaste. The first time I tried them I drank five or six glasses of water afterwards, but that chalky taste wouldn’t go away. I have learned that an immediate tooth brushing will usually take care of this problem.

I use this product and will continue to do so. I haven’t bothered to look for a chewable tablet without the aftertaste, as I am pretty sure that most of them are the same. I would highly recommend this product to any heartburn sufferer, especially those with a diet low in calcium. Just be ready for the chalky taste and keep a toothbrush handy.

Rolaids Ultra Strength Fruit Antacid/dietary Supplement Tablets, 72 Count

Rolaids Ultra Strength Fruit Antacid/dietary Supplement Tablets, 72 Count

Rolaids Ultra Strength Fruit Antacid/Dietary Supplement Tablets:2 active ingredients for rapid relief of sour stomach, heartburn, and indigestion Calc...

Rolaids Ultra Strength Mint Antacid/dietary Supplement Tablets, 72 Count

Rolaids Ultra Strength Mint Antacid/dietary Supplement Tablets, 72 Count

Rolaids Ultra Strength Mint Antacid/Dietary Supplement Tablets:2 active ingredients for rapid relief of sour stomach, heartburn, and indigestion Calci...

Equate Extra Strength Freshmint Antacid Chewable Tablets, 100ct

Equate Extra Strength Freshmint Antacid Chewable Tablets, 100ct

Equate Extra Strength Freshmint Antacid Chewable Tablets are designed to provide you with relief from an upset stomach due to heartburn, sour stomach ...

Rolaids 10016PK Rolaids Extra Strength Tablets/Heartburn, Mint Flavor, 10/Pack

Rolaids 10016PK Rolaids Extra Strength Tablets/Heartburn, Mint Flavor, 10/Pack

Fast, powerful heartburn relief.Rapid relief of heartburn and acid indigestionEnjoyable flavors.Conveniently chewable.
Rolaids 10023PK Rolaids Extra Strength Tablets/Heartburn, Fruit Flavor, 10/Pack