Rolex Air-King 14010WBRO Wrist Watch for Men

3 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

Fly Me

Mar 22, 2007

Pros:a watch that quietly whispers 'class'

Cons:never take it off- it'll walk away

The Bottom Line: get this watch for a valuable personal investment that you can hand down to your grand children

My one and only watch is a Rolex Air-King which I bought at Tourneau in the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle in New York City. It is an excellent time piece as well as a valued piece of personal property.

When I showed my girl friend my watch she looked at me with a mix of disgust and envy, and wondered aloud to me why I would buy such a watch- it only tells time. She then asked to take a look at it to insure that the second hand was sweeping and not ticking, a tell-tale difference between an authentic Rolex and a replica.

I’m in good company when it comes to taste- James Bond originally wore a Rolex in Ian Fleming’s novels, and Sean Connery wore one in Thunderball.

A Rolex is the best-made watch in the world. Not the most expensive, but Rolex has a reputation that probably exceeds its value. Like any tool built to do a specific thing, Rolex watches measure time, some with two dials, some other have calendars but most models are excellent, and not really that expensive.

It’s a great watch for measuring the accurate passing of time, and it will last me my entire life, and can be something that I leave to my grandchildren.

The Air King, for example is a fine watch with all the excellent Rolex quality, and a list price of about $3,675.00 dollars. For a watch that could easily last 100 years, it’s a fine deal.

Sometimes I hate to admit that I am adding to the bottom line of a company with such huge annual revenue. Rolex it generates around $3 Billion Dollars annually – they produce from 650,000 and 800,000 watches per year.

Historically the watch company has created landmark products. The Rolex Submariner was the first watch to have a date on the dial, and the first to show 2 time zones on the dial face.

The Submariner was designed as the first waterproof diving watch, but I have never seen anyone wear such an expensive time piece in the ocean. I know guys who sport the Submariner but these folks wear the watch as a status symbol (it is definitely a status symbol). This watch doesn’t suit me.

I like something a little sleeker. The Air King suits all my needs, and it’s waterproof!

It is called a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air King. 'Perpetual' because the watch features automatic winding, meaning that you don't have to put a battery in the thing for it to run. To wind the watch you simply turn it clock-wise a few times, and it starts running. This is great but also sometimes a bit of a pain because if you do not wear the watch for a few days it will stop running.

The Rolex sort of demands to be worn everyday, just to keep it running. Rolex is also a tastefully designed piece of fashion. Simple in design, understated, and exceptionally well-crafted to keep excellent time, Rolex feels great on the wrist.

I fell in love with the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air King 14010wbro the first time I laid eyes on it. It has a special quiet, classic quality that goes with anything. The casing does not discolor, and the face is pleasing to look at.

The 34mm stainless steel case is the finest casing I have encountered on any watch. I shower in mine and there is absolutely no clouding or discoloration of the steel casing from changes in water or soap residue.

Rolex offers different bezels for their watches, and the one on my Air King is notched with raised areas at 12, 3, 6 and o'clock. The standard Rolex bezel is smooth, but the notched bezel makes the numerals stand out in higher relief.

The Rolex with the white dial, and black Roman numerals, is very classy and in total darkness the points above the numbers on the dial glow, so you can still be able to see the time. The Oyster bracelet is a new version of the classic Rolex watch bracelet, with larger links and a sturdier look and feel.

Keep in mind that the steel bracelet snaps shut with a little clasp. There isn’t a locking device to create a strong impenetrable link over the wrist. The Rolex bracelet clasp is very stable. It has never popped open by accident, yet with just a slip of my thumb nail under the lip of the clasp it pops open.

*Replicas – Fakes – Phonies – Bogus Stuff

In New York City anyone can buy a ‘Rolex’ for $50 bucks on the street on any corner of Times Square. These don’t work more than a week, and they only have the look of a Rolex.

There is also a site that specializes in replicas that most of us get spammed with: www.rlcv.com. Same story here- the watches are available for a fraction of the cost, and will last maybe a month or two and then they’re just cheap souvenirs.

When I bought my watch at the Tourneau Watch Store from the Pre-owned group I got a very reasonable deal, and an official document stating that my watch is an official Rolex (not a duplicate), validating the price I spent for the watch. Considering that I paid cash, the salesman was very accommodating.

One can find a similar bargain at www.swissluxury.com/rolex-watches.htm, but they will still pay more because of the shipping and so forth.

If you’re looking for a status watch, to last your life, and maybe even be able to hand it down to your succeeding generation, get a Rolex- hey you deserve it.

Plain Bezel For Tudor Air King Date 14000,14010 Ss Part

Plain Bezel For Tudor Air King Date 14000,14010 Ss Part

This item for sale is an aftermarket, plain, stainless steel bezel. It is mad for all men Tudors Air Kings and others with plastic crystals. It will f...

Mens Brand New Custom Rolex 46 MM Sea Dweller Deep Sea Genuine Diamond Watch

Mens Brand New Custom Rolex 46 MM Sea Dweller Deep Sea Genuine Diamond Watch

Custom Rolex This is a brand new Rolex Diamond Watch. Comes with all the box & paper work. This rolex diamond watch features large full round cut diam...

$20000.00

Custom Made Watch New Rolex Date Just II 2 Flooded with Genuine Diamonds 45 MM

Custom Made Watch New Rolex Date Just II 2 Flooded with Genuine Diamonds 45 MM

Custom- Date Just Rolex Up for auction is brand new and authentic custom Role Date Just II. This watch features over 18 carats of genuine diamonds. Ea...
Jewelry For Less

Mens Brand New Custom Rolex 45 MM Date Just 2 Genuine Diamond Watch 6 Ct.

Mens Brand New Custom Rolex 45 MM Date Just 2 Genuine Diamond Watch 6 Ct.

Mens New Rolex Date Just II 2 Iced Out Flooded With Genuine Diamonds 46 MM

Mens New Rolex Date Just II 2 Iced Out Flooded With Genuine Diamonds 46 MM

Custom- Date Just Rolex This is a brand new Rolex Date Just Diamond Watch. Comes with all the box & paper work. This rolex diamond watch features larg...

Square Iii Talking Wrist Watch

Square Iii Talking Wrist Watch

Your Low Vision Store - Magnifying Aids Talking Watch - English - Unisex Low Price Guarantee! Black watch with matching plastic band. 1/4 black number...

Personalized Clip Wrist Watch with Compass

Personalized Clip Wrist Watch with Compass

A sporty look and your message make this clip watch the perfect gift. Make sure no GPS malfunction prevents your groomsmen from showing up to your wed...
Things Remembered

Wrist Armor Men's U.S. Air Force C28 Black & White Watch

Wrist Armor Men's U.S. Air Force C28 Black & White Watch

A statement of strength. It's easily made with this solid, U.S. Air Force chronograph watch. Its black rubber strap wears with stylish comfort, while ...
QVC

Freestyle Predator Green/Nylon Endurance Wrist Watch

Freestyle Predator Green/Nylon Endurance Wrist Watch

Freestyle sports watches have become synonymous with performance. The Freestyle Predator is a no nonsense workout watch that features typical fitness ...
h.h. gregg