Roundup Brush Killer Concentrate

Roundup Brush Killer Concentrate

Jun 17, 2006

Pros:It does work.

Cons:Have to wait on a calm day to use.

The Bottom Line: Does temporarily eliminate poison ivy and poison oak. You do have to use on a regular basis to keep things under control.

This year has been a horrible year for unusual things growing in the yard. My husband and I, mostly my husband, have spent many hours pulling things up by hand in hopes of getting roots and all. After it rains, we head out when the ground is soft and start pulling.

We have gotten the marsh grass under control along with some other grasses we have never seen. Our St. Augustine is beginning to fill in and look pretty once again. I think we have all of the debris from the hurricane removed, but time will tell with that.

The biggest problem we are having is poison ivy and poison oak. I swear we can watch that stuff grow on a daily basis. My husband has been trying so hard in getting this stuff out of the yard and flower beds. I can't help him with this because I am very allergic to the stuff, allergic to the point it can kill me.

We haven't wanted to use a herbicide because of the pets and kids in the neighborhood. Plus this stuff doesn't know the difference between a petunia and a just junk plants. We finally had to give up. This stuff was totally out of control.

We finally said enough is enough and purchased Roundup Brush Killer Concentrate. It stated on the container that it was for poison oak and poison ivy; that was enough for us.

When reading the back of the container, it said mix 6 ounces per gallon of water. My husband did that and poured part into a hand spray bottle. We were afraid to use a pump sprayer because of the small area we were taking care of.

My husband waited for the wind to die down. He didn't want a mist blowing everywhere and killing other plants, including our neighbors. The dogs were in the house when spraying began because we didn't want them near the Roundup Brush Killer Concentrate. This, like every other chemical should be used with great care, around humans and animals.

After my husband put on gloves, he always wears long sleeves and jeans, he started spraying. He didn't want it on his skin.

Wouldn't you know it, it started raining before the Roundup Brush Killer Concentrate dried on the poison ivy and poison oak. We had to wait several days for everything to dry and for no wind.

Once again he tried and once again it started raining. We were beginning to believe that we were destine to have these horrible things in our yard.

Finally a day came when we could use the Roundup Brush Killer Concentrate and not have to worry about rain or wind.

Within an hour, we could see the leaves starting to turn a brownish color and withing a couple of days the plants were dead. Yeah it was gone.

About a week later we started seeing some new growth so we started spraying again. This time it died faster because of the tender vegetation. It didn't have time to toughen up.

If you are wanting a permanent solution, this isn't it. About once a month, we have to go out and spray to keep it under control. You also have to be very careful not to spray when it is windy out because the spray will reach other plants and kill them too.

Just use care when handling and using so avoid injury to yourself, your pets and to the people around you.

27% glyphosate is used.

Roundup™32 Oz Concentrate Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer 3pack Free Shipping

Roundup 32 oz. Concentrate Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer - 3 Pack The Roundup 32 oz. Concentrate Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer formula combi...

Scotts Ortho Roundup 5002310 Brush Killer Concentrate, 1-Qt.

Scotts Ortho Roundup 5002310 Brush Killer Concentrate, 1-Qt.

Roundup, QT, Concentrate, Brush Killer, Great For Refilling Pull 'n Spray Applicator, The Most Economical Way To Kill Tough Brush & Weeds With Roundup...

Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate Plus 16 oz.

Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate Plus 16 oz.

Keep your yard free of weeds with Roundup Concentrate.

Roundup 32-oz Roundup Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer Plus Concentrate 5002310

Kills Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Kudzu, Blackberry and other tough to kill brush & vines. Concentrate makes 5 gallons of spray. The better value way to...
Lowe's

Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate Plus .5 gallon concentrate

Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate Plus .5 gallon concentrate

Clear weeds and unwanted grass fast and easily with Roundup Weed & Grass Killer.

Two - Roundup Ready To Use Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer Spray

Two - Roundup Ready To Use Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer Spray

Lot of 2 - Roundup Ready To Use Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer SPRAY From the Manufacturer Don't let invasive weeds such as poison ivy, poison oak...

Roundup Promax 1.67 Gallon Concentrated Weed Killer Concentrate Pro Max Jug

Roundup Promax 1.67 Gallon Concentrated Weed Killer Concentrate Pro Max Jug

You are buying (1) Roundup Promax 1.67 gallon Jug of liquid concentrated Weed Killer Brand New Roundup ProMax is a systemic post emergence glyphosate ...

Roundup Promax 1.67 Gallon Concentrated Weed Killer Concentrate Pro Max Jug 2 Pk

You are buying (2) Roundup Promax 1.67 gallon Jugs of liquid concentrated Weed Killer Roundup ProMax is a systemic post emergence glyphosate herbicide...

Roundup 16 Oz 25% Concentrated Weed & Grass Killer 5005510

Roundup 16 Oz 25% Concentrated Weed & Grass Killer 5005510

New 16 ounce (pint)bottle of Scott's Roundup Weed and Grass Killer Concentrate, # 5005510, item 596759. Roundup, 16 Ounce (pint), 25 %Concentrated Wee...