Roundup Extended Control (5725010) Reviews

Roundup Extended Control (5725010)

Roundup Extended Control--The Original Roundup On Steroids

May 9, 2009 (Updated May 9, 2009)

Pros:Relatively inexpensive, use is easy, kills weeds quickly, should provide extended protection,

Cons:Be very careful with it

The Bottom Line: Roundup Extended Control is clearly an improvement over the original Roundup. It's easy to use, kills quickly, and should provide extended weed control

I've been using Roundup as my application for weed control for many years, but I've noticed that lately some weeds appear to have become somewhat resistant to the original formula. I don't know if these weeds mutated new defenses to resist the original Roundup or what, but it just hasn't seemed as effective as it was when it first hit the market all those years ago.

On my annual spring trip to Lowe's I noticed Roundup Extended Control, and took a quick look at the label. This product claims to be an improved version of the original formula, and in addition, promised to prevent weeds from returning for up to four months. For those of you who have walkways and brick patios, as I do, you're all too familiar with the weeds and other garbage that continually appears in the seams. I had a particularly bad attack of weeds this spring in the seams of my brick patio, and I decided to try Roundup Extended Control to see if it really was a new and improved version of the original Roundup.

Roundup Extended Control comes in a box-shaped plastic container that holds about 1 1/3 gallons of liquid. There's a spray applicator that you hook to a nozzle on the container, and a pump that allows you to build pressure to spray the product with the hand-held spray gun. The label says that if you pump it correctly you can get up to five minutes of continuous spraying action. The whole spraying apparatus is very easy to attach, and if you get your pressure up, the product is very easy to apply.

I really wanted to attack the weeds in the seams of my patio, walkways and driveway, so I read the directions very carefully before applying the product. Not only are you supposed to spray the weeds, you're also supposed to spray the areas around the weeds. Roundup Extended Control not only attacks and kills the roots of the unwanted intruders, it's trumpeted to "inoculate" the area against further weed growth for up to four months. I guess spraying the areas around the weeds makes Roundup Extended Control effective, so I wanted to be sure to apply it as directed.

The first thing that I noticed after applying Roundup Extended Control is that weeds that were particularly herbaceous started to turn brown and die after only a few hours. It took a little longer for the bermuda that had crept into my beds to start showing signs of sickness, but two days after the application I noticed this stuff turning brown also. After three days or so, everything that I had sprayed with the product was dead and desiccated.

Roundup Extended Control is obviously very powerful stuff, and clearly a big improvement over the original Roundup formula. I would counsel be very careful when using this product, because if it gets on your good plants or bushes while you're spraying weeds, they're likely to be killed or damaged too.

I applied Roundup Extended Control a couple of weeks ago, and I've seen none of the unwanted weeds returning to the seams in my patio, walkways or driveway. I'll keep a close eye on the situation and see if the four month "inoculation" is fact or fiction. One thing's for sure--Roundup Extended Control is a huge improvement over the original Roundup, and its weed killing prowess is deadly.

Thanks for reading.

Roundup™ 32oz Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass

Roundup™ 32oz Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass

Roundup 32 oz. Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer - 3 Pack Roundup32 oz. Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass K...

Roundup Extended Control Ready-to-Use - 1/2 Gallon 5730010
Roundup Extend Control Weed And Grass Killer Refill (1.25 Gallon)

Roundup Extend Control Weed And Grass Killer Refill (1.25 Gallon)

Roundup 1.25Gal Extend Control W&G Killer Rtu Refill
Overstock.com

Roundup Ready-To-Use Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer II Refill 1.25 gal

Build a better garden with Roundup Extended Control Weed and Grass Killer. The dual-action formula clears weeds and unwanted grass fast and easily. It...

Scotts Roundup Extended Control Weed and Grass Killer Ready to Use gallon 1 gallon

Extended control weed and grass killer, dual action formula kills existing weeds to the root and prevents new weeds

Roundup Extended Control Weed Grass Killer Long Lasting Concentrate Rain Proof

Roundup Extended Control Weed Grass Killer Long Lasting Concentrate Rain Proof

Roundup Extended Control Weed Grass Killer Long Lasting Concentrate Rain Proof Dual-action formula works two ways Kills existing weeds and grasses to ...

Roundup 32-oz Roundup Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate 5705010

Roundup 32-oz Roundup Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate 5705010

Kills existing weeds down to the root!. Prevents new weeds from growing for up to 4 months. . Starts working immediately with visible results in 24 ...
Lowe's

Roundup Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer Concentrate
Roundup Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer II Ready-To-Use Pump N Go Sprayer, 1.33gal

The Roundup Extended Control Weed and Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer II Ready-To-Use Pump N Go Sprayer will help keep your lawn just the way you wan...