Roundup Extended Control (5725010) Reviews

Roundup Extended Control (5725010)

Roundup Extended Control--The Original Roundup On Steroids

May 9, 2009 (Updated May 9, 2009)

Pros:Relatively inexpensive, use is easy, kills weeds quickly, should provide extended protection,

Cons:Be very careful with it

The Bottom Line: Roundup Extended Control is clearly an improvement over the original Roundup. It's easy to use, kills quickly, and should provide extended weed control

I've been using Roundup as my application for weed control for many years, but I've noticed that lately some weeds appear to have become somewhat resistant to the original formula. I don't know if these weeds mutated new defenses to resist the original Roundup or what, but it just hasn't seemed as effective as it was when it first hit the market all those years ago.

On my annual spring trip to Lowe's I noticed Roundup Extended Control, and took a quick look at the label. This product claims to be an improved version of the original formula, and in addition, promised to prevent weeds from returning for up to four months. For those of you who have walkways and brick patios, as I do, you're all too familiar with the weeds and other garbage that continually appears in the seams. I had a particularly bad attack of weeds this spring in the seams of my brick patio, and I decided to try Roundup Extended Control to see if it really was a new and improved version of the original Roundup.

Roundup Extended Control comes in a box-shaped plastic container that holds about 1 1/3 gallons of liquid. There's a spray applicator that you hook to a nozzle on the container, and a pump that allows you to build pressure to spray the product with the hand-held spray gun. The label says that if you pump it correctly you can get up to five minutes of continuous spraying action. The whole spraying apparatus is very easy to attach, and if you get your pressure up, the product is very easy to apply.

I really wanted to attack the weeds in the seams of my patio, walkways and driveway, so I read the directions very carefully before applying the product. Not only are you supposed to spray the weeds, you're also supposed to spray the areas around the weeds. Roundup Extended Control not only attacks and kills the roots of the unwanted intruders, it's trumpeted to "inoculate" the area against further weed growth for up to four months. I guess spraying the areas around the weeds makes Roundup Extended Control effective, so I wanted to be sure to apply it as directed.

The first thing that I noticed after applying Roundup Extended Control is that weeds that were particularly herbaceous started to turn brown and die after only a few hours. It took a little longer for the bermuda that had crept into my beds to start showing signs of sickness, but two days after the application I noticed this stuff turning brown also. After three days or so, everything that I had sprayed with the product was dead and desiccated.

Roundup Extended Control is obviously very powerful stuff, and clearly a big improvement over the original Roundup formula. I would counsel be very careful when using this product, because if it gets on your good plants or bushes while you're spraying weeds, they're likely to be killed or damaged too.

I applied Roundup Extended Control a couple of weeks ago, and I've seen none of the unwanted weeds returning to the seams in my patio, walkways or driveway. I'll keep a close eye on the situation and see if the four month "inoculation" is fact or fiction. One thing's for sure--Roundup Extended Control is a huge improvement over the original Roundup, and its weed killing prowess is deadly.

Thanks for reading.

Roundup™ 32oz Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass

Roundup™ 32oz Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass

Roundup 32 oz. Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer - 3 Pack Roundup32 oz. Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass K...

Roundup Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer II
Roundup Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer II Ready-To-Use Pump N Go Sprayer, 1.33gal

The Roundup Extended Control Weed and Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer II Ready-To-Use Pump N Go Sprayer will help keep your lawn just the way you wan...

Scotts Roundup Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer (32 oz) (Roundup Extended Control Conc Weed & Grass Kill)

Same effectiveness as the well-known original Roundup, but now includes weed preventer that keeps weeds from coming back for up to 3 months! Concentra...
Overstock.com

Scotts Roundup Extended Control Weed and Grass Killer Ready to Use gallon 1 gallon

Extended control weed and grass killer, dual action formula kills existing weeds to the root and prevents new weeds

3 Pack - Roundup™ 32oz Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass

3 Pack - Roundup™ 32oz Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass

Roundup ™ 32 oz. Concentrate Extended Control Weed Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer - 3 Pack 3 PACK Roundup ™32 oz. Concentrate Extended Control W...

Roundup Extend Control Weed and Grass Killer Refill (1.25 Gallon)

Roundup Extend Control Weed and Grass Killer Refill (1.25 Gallon)

Roundup 1.25Gal Extend Control W&G Killer Rtu Refill
Roundup Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer II Ready-To-Use, 1gal

Clear weeds and unwanted grass fast and easily and keep them gone with Roundup Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer.

Roundup 5720010 Extended Control Weed And Grass Killer 16-ounce

Roundup 5720010 Extended Control Weed And Grass Killer 16-ounce

NEW Roundup 5720010 Extended Control Weed and Grass Killer 16-Ounce $25.22 $33.95 Roundup Weed Grass Killer The Roundup brand has been trusted to kill...