Roundup Weed & Grass Killer (510011001) Reviews

Roundup Weed & Grass Killer (510011001)

Roundup weed and grass killer, did it round up the weeds for me?

May 3, 2010 (Updated May 6, 2010)

Pros:Easy to use, with fast results

Cons:none

The Bottom Line:  worked great for me, with great results

I recently decided to start a garden in my backyard, and I was looking for a quick and easy way to get rid of the grass and weeds that were growing in the area that I wished to plant my garden. After a quick trip to the store I was soon back home with the Roundup Pump 'N Go Weed And Grass Killer in a 1.33 gallon container. It seemed to be just what I needed to get the job done.

There were a few factors that influenced my decision to purchase the Round up Weed And Grass Killer. First and foremost, is a product that is designed to kill weeds and grass, which is what I was mainly looking for. It also looked like a product that is very easy to use, and the label also states that it is rain proof in 10 minutes, and that you will have visible results in 6 hours. It is a product that is to be used around vegetable gardens, flower beds, tree rings, fence lines, as well as on driveways and patios were you may have weeds or grass growing through the cracks in cement. Another thing I liked was the Roundup name itself. It is a brand name that has been around for a long time so I figured they should know what they're doing by now when it comes to killing weeds and grass.

Although the product's label does not specify every single type of weed that it will kill, it does say that they will kill over 1400 different types of weeds and grass. It is also safe for people and pets to enter any treated areas after the spray has dried, which in my mind is a good thing if you have children or pets.

The label also states that all flowers, trees, and shrubs may be planted one day after applying the weed and grass killer. Even though the label states that it is safe to be used around vegetable gardens, it does not state how soon you are able to plant veggies after using the product. With a quick check of their web site, I was able to find out that they recommend at least three days before planting vegetables in an area that has been sprayed. I personally waited a week before planting, just to be on the safe side.

The main active ingredients are glypsphate, isopropylmine salt, pelargonic and related fatty acids. For more ingredient information, you'll have to check the Monsanto company's web site, as it does not list the remainder of the ingredients on the label. I personally have been absolutely no idea what these ingredients are, but it may be a good idea to use some sort of eye protection when spraying this product, as well as immediately washing off any area of your skin may happen to come in contact with this product while using it.

One nice thing about this product is that you don't have to mix any chemicals to use it, and there are refills available when you need it. It is also nice that it comes with its own sprayer that is very easy to use. To use the sprayer all you need to do is connect the hose for the spray wand that hangs on the side of the tank, then you simply need to turn the handle at the top of the container and pump it up and down 15 to 20 times to pressurize the Pump 'n Go sprayer. After that is done, you simply need to turn the handle back to its original position to lock it in place and start spraying away by pressing the button on the spray wand. It's very easy to do.

The weed and grass killer comes out of the spray wand in a low pressure, but wide and fanned out spray pattern. I used the Roundup weed and grass killer on an area that was approximately to 20' x 20' sq. ft. and it only took me approximately 5 minutes to accomplish my goal of spraying the entire area. The sprayer itself states that it provides up to 5 minutes of continuous spray time, but when I used it, I had to stop once to give it a few more pumps before completing the job. This is really no big deal at all.

The Roundup Weed And Grass Killer came through with some amazing results for me. I sprayed my designated area in the morning, and by late afternoon I could already see that the grass and weeds that I sprayed were starting to curl up and die. The next day when I looked at the area that I had sprayed, all I can say is that things were looking pretty darn brown. To me, that was a good thing because this product was obviously working well. I'd also like to add that the Roundup Weed And Grass Killer worked equally as well on the areas of my driveway that I sprayed where weeds and grass were growing as well.

Just remember that this is the weed and grass killer, and that it should not be used to spot treat weeds that are growing in your lawn, as it will also kill the grass around them and leave you with some nice brown spots in your yard.

Overall I would have to say that the Round up Weed And Grass Killer did an excellent job for me, and I would highly recommend it.

Thanks for reading my roundup weed and grass killer review,
hddan


Roundup Weed and Grass Killer Root Killing Guaranteed Where to Use:Around Flower Beds Around Trees On Driveways and Walkways Along Fences What to Know...

Roundup Weed & Grass Killer RTU Plus Pump 'N Go Sprayer
Help?Policies FAQs Contact
Family Sport
New 1.33 gallon pump bottle of Scott's Roundup ready to use Pump N Go Weed and Grass Killer, # 5100110, item 829335. 1.33 Gallon, Roundup Pump N Go We...
5100110 1.33G ROUNDUP PUMP
Roundup Ready To Use Weed Grass Killer - 1.33 Gallons How to Use CUT-Carefully cut the two white zip ties securing the hose and pump handle with sciss...
Lot Sale of 4 ( 1 full case) new 1.33 gallon pump bottles of Scott's Roundup ready to use Pump N Go Weed and Grass Killer, # 5100110, item 829335. Qua...