Royal Horseguards

8 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

5 star luxury without breaking the bank.

Jun 10, 2012

Pros:Value for money, luxurious rooms, great bar, great service, central location.

Cons:The breakfast choice was slightly limited.

The Bottom Line: I'd recommend for the well-sized rooms, good service, luxury feel and good value for money.

I loved my stay at The Royal Horseguards which is situated near the Embankment, on Whitehall. It's a luxury 5 star hotel, and surprisingly good value for money. The service was efficient and friendly. The decor was beautiful and the whole place had a very serene atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend the bar for a lovely quiet drink with friends or loved ones. The rooms themselves are well designed with some offering a lot of space. The surround-sound iPod docking feature is a great addition. The bathrooms are stocked with all the amenities you could want. Many of the rooms have large windows with great views towards the Embankment. It's so centrally located so it's easy to get to and really close to tourist attractions such as Trafalgar Square and the London Eye. I've stayed here on 2 occasions and would thoroughly recommend it. Breakfast was served in the main restaurant. This was a good buffet style with a selection of hot food, fruit, pastries, breads, yoghurts, cereals and more, although it could have been more extensive. But the service was friendly, and the other diners seemed to be very respectful. The restaurant also caters to diners at lunch and dinner time. I didn't eat here but the menu looks delicious and there's the option of various set menus.