Ryobi Electric Trimmer - A True Pleasure
Jul 26, 2000
Review by TerranEmpire
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:Electric, low price, reliable, options
Cons:Electric, BAD FOR LARGE YARDS
I bought a Ryobi Straight Shaft Electric Trimmer Plus (Model R137) with the Speed-Spool feature at Home Depot at the beginning of the summer (2000) and I have been very pleased with its performance since.
Recommend this product?
Trimmer PROS / CONS:
1) Electric - I have several electric power tools (chainsaw, trimmer, edger, etc.) and love the fact that I DO NOT have to deal with mixing oil and gasoline, noise, or exhaust. The trimmer works from the second I flip the switch until I release the trigger. You won't run out of fuel!
2) Power - In the trimmer mode (this trimmer can be converted into several different tools - see below), this trimmer works just as well as its gas counterparts.
3) Options - The Ryobi "Plus" system means that the powerplant of the trimmer (top half) can be connected to a variety of add on attachments. The attachments include - small roto-tiller, pruner, blower (two models), blower/vac, and even snowblower (gas models only). I have only used the trimmer and rototiller attachments and both worked very well. This is a very reliable and versatile tool.
4) Straight Shaft - I bought the straight shaft version specifically because it appears to be more precise than the curved shaft and it has a better reliability record.
5) Storage - Since the unit can be easily broken down into two pieces, it can be stored in a smaller space than most units.
6) Price - This trimmer, which competes on a performance basis with gas units, is priced significantly below the gasoline models. It is well with in the price range of the average homeowner.
7) Speed-Spool - The speed-spool option is very easy to use and reload. I LOVE IT!
8) Reliable - I have not had one problem with this unit! It is easy to use and my wife thoroughly enjoys it to weed around the trees.
1) Electric - Despite the pros of an electric trimmer, the electric option still suffers from having to drag a power cord behind it. If you have a smaller yard, this is not a problem and the trimmer is a cost effective alternative, but if your yard is large - this may not be the trimmer for you.
RECOMMENDATION - This is a great trimmer with many useful add-ons for homeowners with small to mid-sized yards. NOT recommended for commercial use or large yards.
Share this product review with your friends
Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. The Ryobi 10 Amp Electric Straight Shaft Trimmer offers power like a gas trimmer, with the weight ...
TrimmerPlus PS720 Pole Saw with 8-Inch Bar and Chain Item description: Trim tree branches without a ladder 8-inch bar and chain TrimmerPlus PS720 Pole...
TrimmerPlus BC720 Add-On Brushcutter
Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. The Ryobi 10 Amp Electric Curved Shaft Trimmer offers power like a gas trimmer, with the weight an...
RYOBI -Professional Straight-Shaft (BUMP-FEED) Trimmer Head - (*8mm X 1.25 LHF ) Arbor... Pro Quip Model 600098 - Semi-Auto Dual Line - Divided Spool ...
Keep your lawn manicured with ease using this Ryobi Straight Shaft Weed Trimmer. Offering a powerful 26cc, 2-cycle, low-emission engine, this weed tri...
Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. Add the straight shaft attachment to your Expand-It system with the power and extra reach needed t...
Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. For a reliable gas trimmer that can handle tough trimming, the Ryobi 2-Cycle Straight Shaft is a v...
Neataneloys 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW TrimmerPlus AF720 Add-On Straight Shaft ...
TrimmerPlus TB720 Add-On Turbo Blower