Ryobi Straight Shaft Electric Trimmerplus 137r

Ryobi Electric Trimmer - A True Pleasure

Jul 26, 2000

Pros:Electric, low price, reliable, options

Cons:Electric, BAD FOR LARGE YARDS

I bought a Ryobi Straight Shaft Electric Trimmer Plus (Model R137) with the Speed-Spool feature at Home Depot at the beginning of the summer (2000) and I have been very pleased with its performance since.

Trimmer PROS / CONS:

PROS

1) Electric - I have several electric power tools (chainsaw, trimmer, edger, etc.) and love the fact that I DO NOT have to deal with mixing oil and gasoline, noise, or exhaust. The trimmer works from the second I flip the switch until I release the trigger. You won't run out of fuel!
2) Power - In the trimmer mode (this trimmer can be converted into several different tools - see below), this trimmer works just as well as its gas counterparts.
3) Options - The Ryobi "Plus" system means that the powerplant of the trimmer (top half) can be connected to a variety of add on attachments. The attachments include - small roto-tiller, pruner, blower (two models), blower/vac, and even snowblower (gas models only). I have only used the trimmer and rototiller attachments and both worked very well. This is a very reliable and versatile tool.
4) Straight Shaft - I bought the straight shaft version specifically because it appears to be more precise than the curved shaft and it has a better reliability record.
5) Storage - Since the unit can be easily broken down into two pieces, it can be stored in a smaller space than most units.
6) Price - This trimmer, which competes on a performance basis with gas units, is priced significantly below the gasoline models. It is well with in the price range of the average homeowner.
7) Speed-Spool - The speed-spool option is very easy to use and reload. I LOVE IT!
8) Reliable - I have not had one problem with this unit! It is easy to use and my wife thoroughly enjoys it to weed around the trees.

CONS

1) Electric - Despite the pros of an electric trimmer, the electric option still suffers from having to drag a power cord behind it. If you have a smaller yard, this is not a problem and the trimmer is a cost effective alternative, but if your yard is large - this may not be the trimmer for you.

RECOMMENDATION - This is a great trimmer with many useful add-ons for homeowners with small to mid-sized yards. NOT recommended for commercial use or large yards.

Troy-bilt Ryobi Trimmerplus Ss725r Straight Shaft String Trimmer Attachment

Troy-bilt Ryobi Trimmerplus Ss725r Straight Shaft String Trimmer Attachment

Buy With Confidence Professional Service Great Prices Fast Shipping Excellent Feedback Search Our Store Troy-Bilt Ryobi TrimmerPlus SS725r Straight Sh...

Trimmerplus Af720 Add-on Straight Shaft String Trimmer With Fixed Blade Cutting

Trimmerplus Af720 Add-on Straight Shaft String Trimmer With Fixed Blade Cutting

Neataneloys 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW TrimmerPlus AF720 Add-On Straight Shaft ...

TrimmerPlus AF720 Add-On Straight Shaft String Trimmer with Fixed Blade Cutting Head

Trimmerplus Tb720 Add-on Turbo Blower

Trimmerplus Tb720 Add-on Turbo Blower

NEW TrimmerPlus TB720 Add-On Turbo Blower $77.87 $104.95 One trimmer with eight ways to use it. TrimmerPlus attachments transform your string trimmer ...

Trimmerplus Ps720 Pole Saw W/ 8-inch Bar Chain Yard Garden & Outdoor

Trimmerplus Ps720 Pole Saw W/ 8-inch Bar Chain Yard Garden & Outdoor

TrimmerPlus PS720 Pole Saw with 8-Inch Bar and Chain Item description: Trim tree branches without a ladder 8-inch bar and chain TrimmerPlus PS720 Pole...

TrimmerPlus Add-On Articulating Hedge String Trimmer AH720

TrimmerPlus Add-On Articulating Hedge String Trimmer AH720

Dual action blades for reduced vibration. Articulating blade adjusts 180 degrees for easier trimming. Full metal case construction for heavy duty use.
Lowe's

Ryobi Expand-It 18 in. Straight Shaft Trimmer Attachment

Ryobi Expand-It 18 in. Straight Shaft Trimmer Attachment

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. Add the straight shaft attachment to your Expand-It system with the power and extra reach needed t...
Home Depot

Bump Knob & Spring Ryobi: 181468

Bump Knob & Spring Ryobi: 181468

Bump Knob Spring Ryobi: 181468 brand new Replaces Ryobi: 181468 Product Features Bump knob assembly replacement for Ryobi's SpeedSpool trimmers For us...