Ryobi Electric Trimmer - A True Pleasure
Jul 26, 2000
Review by TerranEmpire
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:Electric, low price, reliable, options
Cons:Electric, BAD FOR LARGE YARDS
I bought a Ryobi Straight Shaft Electric Trimmer Plus (Model R137) with the Speed-Spool feature at Home Depot at the beginning of the summer (2000) and I have been very pleased with its performance since.
Recommend this product?
Trimmer PROS / CONS:
1) Electric - I have several electric power tools (chainsaw, trimmer, edger, etc.) and love the fact that I DO NOT have to deal with mixing oil and gasoline, noise, or exhaust. The trimmer works from the second I flip the switch until I release the trigger. You won't run out of fuel!
2) Power - In the trimmer mode (this trimmer can be converted into several different tools - see below), this trimmer works just as well as its gas counterparts.
3) Options - The Ryobi "Plus" system means that the powerplant of the trimmer (top half) can be connected to a variety of add on attachments. The attachments include - small roto-tiller, pruner, blower (two models), blower/vac, and even snowblower (gas models only). I have only used the trimmer and rototiller attachments and both worked very well. This is a very reliable and versatile tool.
4) Straight Shaft - I bought the straight shaft version specifically because it appears to be more precise than the curved shaft and it has a better reliability record.
5) Storage - Since the unit can be easily broken down into two pieces, it can be stored in a smaller space than most units.
6) Price - This trimmer, which competes on a performance basis with gas units, is priced significantly below the gasoline models. It is well with in the price range of the average homeowner.
7) Speed-Spool - The speed-spool option is very easy to use and reload. I LOVE IT!
8) Reliable - I have not had one problem with this unit! It is easy to use and my wife thoroughly enjoys it to weed around the trees.
1) Electric - Despite the pros of an electric trimmer, the electric option still suffers from having to drag a power cord behind it. If you have a smaller yard, this is not a problem and the trimmer is a cost effective alternative, but if your yard is large - this may not be the trimmer for you.
RECOMMENDATION - This is a great trimmer with many useful add-ons for homeowners with small to mid-sized yards. NOT recommended for commercial use or large yards.
Share this product review with your friends
Neataneloys 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW TrimmerPlus AF720 Add-On Straight Shaft ...
TrimmerPlus AF720 Add-On Straight Shaft String Trimmer with Fixed Blade Cutting Head Outdoor, Home, Garden, Supply...
TrimmerPlus PS720 Pole Saw with 8-Inch Bar and Chain Item description: Trim tree branches without a ladder 8-inch bar and chain TrimmerPlus PS720 Pole...
NEW TrimmerPlus BC720 Add-On Brushcutter $99.05 $133.95 One trimmer with eight ways to use it. TrimmerPlus attachments transform your string trimmer i...
Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. Attachments are not just for gas trimmers. Ryobi offers the 10 Amp Electric Power Head as part of ...
Visit our Store Ask a question FREE SHIPPING TrimmerPlus BC720 Brushcutter Attachment with J-Handle Upgrade to 2-Day Air for just $5.99! Item Descript...
TrimmerPlus TB720 Turbo Blower with Flare Nozzle Item description: Ideal for blowing leaves and debris Powerful blower fan with lightweight design Tri...
div class=aplus div class=leftImage style=width: 250px;div id=image0img src=http://ecx.images-.com/images/I/31g7nABLuNL.jpg alt=div class=imageCaption...
VMInnovations Mobile Electronics Home Electronics Sports Outdoors Toys Baby For Your Home TrimmerPlus BC720 Add-On Brushcutter Attachment with J-Handl...
About Us Shipping Returns Contact Us Faq's All categories Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close full size. TrimmerPlus TB720 Tu...