NEC MultiSync LCD1530V 15.1" LCD Monitor

NEC Multisync Monitor 1530V--You will SEE the Difference.

Aug 4, 2001

Pros:unbelievable color, clarity, and focus; no distortion; full screen view; cost

Cons:fingerprints take patience to remove; no place to attach your speakers.

The Bottom Line: Venture out into the world of LCD (flat screen) viewing with the NEC 1530V monitor. Your images are clear, bright and focused. View computer images like never before.

Recently, it was time to go out and buy a new computer. I knew that I wanted to stick to the Hewlett Packard brand of computer which made it rather easy to make a selection in the "Circuit City" chain of electronic products.

Usually, I am one to take advantage of a rebate. HP was offering $150 rebates for the purchase of the computer and monitor combination. I looked long and hard at the HP monitor. I noticed that the 17" screen had quite a bit of plastic frame around it which narrowed down the actual viewing space to only 15.8" Also, having done some redecorating in the computer room, I would be placing the monitor and keyboard on a narrow, long desk. (impulsive and impractical Ikea purchase)

We all know how much space the monitor takes up in terms of its depth, and I was a bit concerned about whether the depth of the monitor would take over the desk's workspace.

So as my husband and I browsed around we looked wantingly at the flat screen monitors that were displayed throughout the computer section of the store. The Sony monitors were so out of our price range that it wasn't even a consideration for us. But then we saw the "NEC Multisync LCD 1530V" monitor. My husband knew that NEC, by Mitsubishi has been making computer monitors for quite some time and is very reputable in this field.

The pricetag was $400. Believe it or not, this was an outstanding saleprice for a flat screen monitor. Most are 2-3 times that price. So we took quite some time to decide if it would work toward our advantage to pay $400, as opposed to about $200 for the HP monitor.

1. We immediately decided that the 17" HP screen was in fact quite smaller in terms of actual screen viewing space. So the fact that the NEC was 15.1" in viewing space did not concern us.

2. I liked the fact that this monitor has only
1 1/8" of a light, light beige plastic frame to the right, left and top of the screen. The bottom of the screen, which includes the control buttons, is less that 2" in height. So, there is very little plastic hardware interfering with the actual screen space. This was the second major plus for me.

3. The salesman at Circuit City (very young computer wizkid!) told us that there was simply no comparison in terms of clarity, brightness and color quality. Sometimes you wonder if the salesperson is only interested in their commission, but this kid seemed to believe in what he was saying and gave us plenty of time to make up our minds.

The longer we looked at that flat screen, the more we just wanted to have it, so we purchased the "Mitsubishi MultiSync LCD 1530V" True Color Monitor for $400 at Circuit City.

This screen is completely compatible with our HP Pentium 4 computer. My husband hooked it up in no time. The monitor weighs 10.4 pounds. The manual contains easy to follow, step by step illustrations to direct you how to put hook up the monitor. I must add, the monitor does not have a place to attach the speakers to. So, we simply stand up our two speakers on the desk, next to the monitor.

The entire depth of the screen is about 7". This is an incredible spacesaver. But, it is truly the quality of this screen that should interest you.

In terms of it surface, it is completely flat. It is as if you are viewing your text and pictures on a flat glass surface. There is no distortion. In terms of focus, the images are crystal clear and perfectly in focus. The colors are extremely bright. The white is such a pleasing snow white. Colors are brilliant and true. Viewing the images on this monitor is a pure joy and like no other monitor I have ever used. The "fullscan" capability allows you to use the ENTIRE screen area in most resolutions which really expands the image size. You have a complete and full view of your images.

There are eight small control buttons on the bottom right hand side of the monitor. These buttons give you precise control over the brightness, contrast, and color that appears on the screen. There is also an "AccuColor Control System" that allows you to increase or decrease the red, green or blue color that is preset at the factory. You are able to customize the color accuracy of your monitor to a variety of standards.

The monitor also uses, "Multiple Frequency Technology" which automatically adjusts the monitor to the display card's scaning frequency. As a result, it will always display the resolution required. This monitor seems to have a "brain" that knows how to produce just the right images.

For the true computer experts, while this display is "capable of other resolutions, it is a fixed matrix of pixels and best used at its native resolution--1024x768"

Never, clean this monitor with any type of cleaning fluid. I use a Pledge Grabit cloth to wipe the dust from the computer. I find that when the computer is shut off and I have a black screen, I can easily see any fingerprints. It is not so easy to wipe these away, so I would try to keep fingers "off" the computer screen. I am also sure to turn off the monitor when it is not in use.

If you are in the market for a computer monitor, it will be very worth your while to detour from the "package" plans and invest the money in the NEC Multisync LCD 1530V. This computer monitor has truly changed the way I view internet and word processed images. I highly recommend this model.

Operating System: Windows

NEC - MultiSync E231W 23 LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms - Black

NEC - MultiSync E231W 23 LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms - Black

Take your environmental initiatives to the next level with the 23 NEC MultiSync E231W, a widescreen LCD desktop monitor that enhances your desktop com...
Best Buy

TouchSystems W51990r-um Nec Multisync LCD 195wxm-bk 19in Widescreen LCD Monitor 1440 X 900 Height-adju

Newegg.com

NEC MultiSync E201W-BK - LED monitor - 20 - 1600 x 900 - 250 cd/m2 - 1000:1 - 25000:1 (dynamic) - 5 ms - DVI-D, VE201W-BK

NEC MultiSync E201W-BK - LED monitor - 20 - 1600 x 900 - 250 cd/m2 - 1000:1 - 25000:1 (dynamic) - 5 ms - DVI-D, VGA, DisplayPort - black E201W-BK

Nec Display Multisync Ex231w-bk 23 Led Lcd Monitor With

Nec Display Multisync Ex231w-bk 23 Led Lcd Monitor With

meet The New Generation Of Desktop Monitors. The Widescreen 23 Nec Multisync Ex231w Is A Full Hd, Eco-friendly Model That Combines The Best In Form An...

NEC Display MultiSync EX231W-BK 23 LED LCD Monitor with VUKUNET free CMS
Newegg.com

NEC MultiSync EX231W-BK 23 Widescreen LED LCD Monitor with VUKUNET free CMS - 5 ms 16:9 1920 x 1080 16.7 Million Colors 250 Nit

The 23 widescreen NEC MultiSync EX231W is a unique blend of form and function in an ultra-slim, lightweight package that is extremely environmentally ...
MultiSync E201W-BK - LED monitor - 20

MultiSync E201W-BK - LED monitor - 20

NEC MultiSync E201W-BK - LED monitor - 20 - 1600 x 900 - 250 cd/m2 - 1000:1 - 25000:1 (dynamic) - 5 ms - DVI-D VGA DisplayPort - black
PCM