Cyber Acoustics CA-3090 Computer Speakers Reviews

Cyber Acoustics CA-3090 Computer Speakers

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Waste of money!

Aug 23, 2002

Pros:Attractive appearance. Slim-design. Good for consumers not concerned with quality sound.

Cons:Sound quality.

The Bottom Line: Overall, I would not waste your money on these. The sound is horrible, and for the price of these, you can get much better speakers. Stick to the big names.

I wanted to upgrade my computer's sound sytem so that I could enjoy my mp3 collection better. I didn't want to spend too much, so I hit the net to read some reviews. I couldn't find much, except from CircuitCity.com, where I ordered it from. The users gave it pretty good reviews, so I went ahead and purchased it. I eagerly set up the speakers, anxious to hear what $50 speakers sound like. After listening to them for 5 minutes, I decided to return them. The satellites were decent, relatively clear and sharp, although they sounded a little metallic. The subwoofer (in my opinion, the heart of a sound system) sounded horrible. It had an 8" sub that sounded no better than a 4". It had no low frequency capabilities, and the mid's sounded very punchy. It just could not hit the bass like it should. If you just want a little more volume to your computer speakers, I guess you can get these (although there are plenty other sets just as good and much cheaper). When returning these to circuit city, I sampled the other speaker sets they had and fell in love with the Monsoon system. I exchanged the CA speakers and dropped another $40 (total $90), but am extremely happy with my speakers now. Everyone who has heard my speakers is amazed at the quality of the Monsoon.

So overall, I would not waste your money on these. The sound is horrible, and for the price of these, you can get much better speakers.

Cyber Acoustics CA-3090 2.1 Speaker System - 7 W RMS