AOC Envision EN-5100 15" Flat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix) Monitor

Why bother with a CRT anymore?

Dec 25, 2001 (Updated Dec 27, 2001)

Pros:Inexpensive, clear, bright, small footprint

Cons:None really

The Bottom Line: Inexpensive, clear, crisp, compact, cute and most definitely worth the money.

I have had a flat panel monitor for several years now so I'm aware of the pitfalls of these monitors. When my in-laws were about to buy a new monitor, I decided to fork out the extra to get them a flat panel. This was the least expensive flat panel I could find. I was eager to see what the image quality was like.

As with all flat panels, absolutely crystal clear images. Color fidelity seems fair to good - definitely better than my old Viewsonic VPA138. Pixel response time was also good. Certainly not good enough to play a game without any ghosting but, yet again, way better than most lcd displays I've seen.

The viewing angle range is also much better than I had anticipated. The left/right viewing angle is around 160 degrees, top about 80 degrees and bottom about 30 degrees.

There is very little color distortion caused by viewing angles. The backlight is not as even as I would have liked. Especially within very dark images it's noticable.

If you're doing production quality art, animation or playing loads of games, I would think twice about buying this monitor - mind you, this goes for every flat panel I've ever seen. If you mostly surf the net, do word processing or play games occasionally, or have very limited space this is absolutely perfect.

The footprint of this monitor is very small. 17" wide, 16" high and 8" deep when set up. The display area is 12" by 9" which is exactly 15" diagonally. I don't know exactly how much it weighs but it can't be much more than 10lbs. Very easy to move around if necessary. My inlaws have a very small table that their computer is on. The old 14" monitor took up pretty much all the space whereas now, the keyboard takes up as much as the monitor!

Analog only inputs. Honestly, I don't see how the digital inputs could help clean up the image much. It's so good!

Set up was a piece of cake. Just switch it on and hit the auto button. I didn't have to fiddle around with tuning the display as I did with my (old) Viewsonic. All the controls are on the front of the display. I can't really comment on how easy they are to use since I haven't actually had to! No drivers needed to be installed for XP or Windows ME.

If you're in the market for a new monitor, give this one a try before you commit. When I get to buying a new (17") lcd monitor, I will be looking at the Envision brand first.

3 year warranty.

Operating System: Windows and Macintosh

Diamond - Wall Mount for Flat Panel Display

Diamond BUC791AT Wall Mount for Flat Panel Display - 47 to 84 Screen Support - 132 lb Load Capacity
Best Buy

Led Flat Panels Led Flat Panel,4100k,1x4,46.w

Led Flat Panels Led Flat Panel,4100k,1x4,46.w

LED Flat Panel, Color Temp. 4100K, CRI 89, Length 11-29/32 In., Width 47-51/64 In., Height 3-1/2 In., 4100 Lumens, Voltage 120V-277V, 46.3 Watts, Lume...
Zoro

Samsung 40 Class Led Hdtv, Bundle With Samsung Bd-h5100 Blu-ray Disc Player

Samsung 40 Class Led Hdtv, Bundle With Samsung Bd-h5100 Blu-ray Disc Player

1.888.209.5772 About me Contact Us Shipping Payments FAQ Samsung 40 Class LED HDTV, 1080p Resolution,- Bundle With BD-H5100 Blu-ray Disc Player SKU: S...

55 LED-backlit LCD flat panel display

55 LED-backlit LCD flat panel display

GVision - 55 - commercial use LED-backlit LCD flat panel display with touch-screen - 1080p (FullHD)
MacMall
Samsung - 50 LED Flat Panel HDTV with 1080p Resolution, 60Hz Refresh Rate, 16:9 Aspect Ra

Samsung 50 LED Flat Panel HDTV with 1080p Resolution, 60Hz Refresh Rate, 16:9 Aspect Ratio, Built-in Speakers (10W x 2), Black Has an LED flat screen ...
Adorama

Diamond - Wall Mount for Flat Panel Display

Diamond BUC842M2 Wall Mount for Flat Panel Display - 26 to 55 Screen Support - 99 lb Load Capacity
Best Buy

Sanus Large Tilting Flat Panel Mount for 32-70 TVs (PLA50-B01A)

Sanus Large Tilting Flat Panel Mount for 32-70 TVs (PLA50-B01A)

Find audio visual stands and brackets at Target.com! Be careful how you hang your flat screen tv. Make sure you get a mount from sanus. This mount til...

CDP4635-T - 46 LCD flat panel display

CDP4635-T - 46 LCD flat panel display

ViewSonic CDP4635-T - 46 - commercial use LCD flat panel display with touch-screen - 1080p (FullHD)
PCM

Led Flat Panels Led Flat Panel,5000k,1x4,46.3w

Led Flat Panels Led Flat Panel,5000k,1x4,46.3w

LED Flat Panel, Color Temp. 5000K, CRI 85, Length 11-29/32 In., Width 47-51/64 In., Height 3-1/2 In., 3951 Lumens, Voltage 120V-277V, 46.3 Watts, Lume...
Zoro