Samsung 10.1" (160 GB, Atom, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB) Notebook Reviews

Samsung 10.1" (160 GB, Atom, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB) Notebook

After 6 months use, I'm STILL glad I bought this computer!

Jan 2, 2010

Pros:FULL Size Keyboard, LONG BATTERY LIFE & NICE SOUND System

Cons:The 10 inch screen is simply a NECESSARY part of keeping it small enough.

The Bottom Line: I am not a power user...THIS netbook is an excellent FULL TIME replacement for my big heavy laptop.

I am not going to bother listing the specifications of this netbook because best I can tell, each model ships basically with the same configuration regardless of where you buy it.  Hopefully this will address NetBooks in general as well as this specific computer.

After using this little Sammy as my PRIMARY COMPUTER for over 6 months I am still very very very happy with it.  I have not yet upgraded to 2 gb memory, but am considering it now that I am doing more with pictures.  It was a replacement for my very old Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop with a BIG screen and that amazing 1600 x 1200resolution.  Obviously, I was concerned that the tiny little screen on any netbook would bug me. But now that I've "tweaked" the heck out of the settings, I've gotten it to be very functional for me.

The small screen is really the only thing SMALL about this netbook.  Since I use this mostly for internet research and email, the F11 key has become my best friend!  That is the toggle for full screen mode!  If you are not familiar with F11, try it on a netbook in a store and you'll immediately SEE the benefits it offers.  That, along with the "hide" option for that bar across the bottom, go a long way towards mediating the 10.1 screen.

In addition, in Windows Live Mail there is an option to add a "folder pane" button to the toolbar.  It allows me to toggle between a tiny but functional folder pane and full size folder pane.  That much difference in width can make a huge difference in convenience when reading emails.

WHY I BOUGHT THIS NETBOOK.  I am a touch typist and I need a FULL SIZE KEYBOARD to function.  I LOVE typing on this keyboard!  It is EXCELLENT!

This little computer fits in my PURSE.  It has a GREAT BATTERY LIFE.  I can put it on standby in my purse and it hangs tough all day long!  On standby it boots immediately back to whatever I'm working on.

I never used my old heavy laptop on the battery.  It was just to big and cumbersome to carry around to use on the sofa or in the car.  I had convinced myself that I didn't need or want to carry my computer around, but A NETBOOK IS PERFECT for this type of use, and now I move it around all the time!

We have never invested in a new GPS because the screens are so small that it's difficult to get a fix, on the overview of a map, on such a small screen.  I've always thought having a BIG screen attached to a GPS would be so neat...but my huge laptop was just toooooo heavy to have sitting on my lap all the time.  This little netbook is perfect for hooking up to GPS and now that I have experience using it in the car, the Garmin Mobile PC is definately in our future.

I noticed recently that there are some small 12 inch netbooks out there and at first I thought...WoW...I should have waited.  But, when I looked at the overall SIZE...it is just enough bigger to put it back into that category of too big for MY purse...and I'm now even happier than ever that I bought this netbook!

I tend to keep computers as long as possible.  While out holiday shopping, just out of curiosity, I checked out the new netbooks and I have seen nothing that could part me from my little SAMMY N120!

Operating System: Windows
Processor: Other
Processor speed: Don''t Know
Screen Size: 10 inches
RAM: More than 256
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

Samsung - Chromebook 11.6 LED HD Notebook Computer, Exynos 5 Dual 1.7GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB H

Samsung Chromebook 11.6 LED HD Notebook Computer, Samsung Exynos 5 Dual 1.7GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB HDD, Google Chrome, Silver The Samsung Chromebook 11.6 L...
Adorama

Samsung Chromebook XE303C12 11.6 LED Notebook - Exynos 5 1.70 GHz, 2GB RAM,16GB SSD, 1366 x 768, Chrome OS -Silver

ElitePad 900 G1 - 10.1 - Atom Z2760 - Windows 8 Pro 32-bit - 2 GB RAM - 32 GB SSD

HP ElitePad 900 G1 - Tablet - no keyboard - Atom Z2760 / 1.8 GHz - Windows 8 Pro 32-bit - 2 GB RAM - 32 GB SSD - 10.1 touchscreen 1280 x 800 - NFC - S...
PCM

Samsung 5 NP530U3C 13.3in. (SuperBright) Ultrabook - Intel Core i5 i5-3317U 1.70 GHz - Silver

Mobile Computing Made EasyHow mobile do you need to be?From among of the world's lightest, to the most powerful, Samsung mobile computers take product...
Office Depot

Samsung - 11.6 Chromebook - Exynos 5 - 2GB Memory - 16GB Flash (eMMc) Memory - Silver

Samsung XE303C12-A01US Chromebook: This ultrathin and ultralight HD laptop is super portable, making it easy to always stay connected and productive ....
Best Buy

Samsung 3 NP350V5C-T02US 15.6in. LED Notebook - Intel Core i5 i5-3210M 2.50 GHz - Titan Silver

Office Depot

Transformer Book T100TA Intel Atom Baytrail-T Z3740 1.86GHz Ultrabook - 2GB RAM  64GB SSD  10.1 IPS HD Touch Screen  802.11 A/B/G/N  Gigabit Ethernet  Bluetooth

Transformer Book T100TA Intel Atom Baytrail-T Z3740 1.86GHz Ultrabook - 2GB RAM 64GB SSD 10.1 IPS HD Touch Screen...

Intel Atom Baytrail-T Z3740 1.86GHz 2GB DDR3 SDRAM 64GB Solid State Drives 10.1 IPS HD Touch Screen 802.11 A/B/G/N Gigabit Ethernet Bluetooth V4...
MacMall
Transformer Book T100TA-C1-GR, Intel Atom Z3740 1.86 GHz, 2GB, 64GB, 10.1-Inch, 64GB Laptop (Gray)

Intel Atom Z3740 1.86 GHz 2 GB DDR3 64 GB Solid-State Drive 10.1-Inch Screen 11-hour battery life

PCM