Samsung 10.1" (160 GB, Atom, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB) Notebook Reviews

Samsung 10.1" (160 GB, Atom, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB) Notebook

After 6 months use, I'm STILL glad I bought this computer!

Jan 2, 2010

Pros:FULL Size Keyboard, LONG BATTERY LIFE & NICE SOUND System

Cons:The 10 inch screen is simply a NECESSARY part of keeping it small enough.

The Bottom Line: I am not a power user...THIS netbook is an excellent FULL TIME replacement for my big heavy laptop.

I am not going to bother listing the specifications of this netbook because best I can tell, each model ships basically with the same configuration regardless of where you buy it.  Hopefully this will address NetBooks in general as well as this specific computer.

After using this little Sammy as my PRIMARY COMPUTER for over 6 months I am still very very very happy with it.  I have not yet upgraded to 2 gb memory, but am considering it now that I am doing more with pictures.  It was a replacement for my very old Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop with a BIG screen and that amazing 1600 x 1200resolution.  Obviously, I was concerned that the tiny little screen on any netbook would bug me. But now that I've "tweaked" the heck out of the settings, I've gotten it to be very functional for me.

The small screen is really the only thing SMALL about this netbook.  Since I use this mostly for internet research and email, the F11 key has become my best friend!  That is the toggle for full screen mode!  If you are not familiar with F11, try it on a netbook in a store and you'll immediately SEE the benefits it offers.  That, along with the "hide" option for that bar across the bottom, go a long way towards mediating the 10.1 screen.

In addition, in Windows Live Mail there is an option to add a "folder pane" button to the toolbar.  It allows me to toggle between a tiny but functional folder pane and full size folder pane.  That much difference in width can make a huge difference in convenience when reading emails.

WHY I BOUGHT THIS NETBOOK.  I am a touch typist and I need a FULL SIZE KEYBOARD to function.  I LOVE typing on this keyboard!  It is EXCELLENT!

This little computer fits in my PURSE.  It has a GREAT BATTERY LIFE.  I can put it on standby in my purse and it hangs tough all day long!  On standby it boots immediately back to whatever I'm working on.

I never used my old heavy laptop on the battery.  It was just to big and cumbersome to carry around to use on the sofa or in the car.  I had convinced myself that I didn't need or want to carry my computer around, but A NETBOOK IS PERFECT for this type of use, and now I move it around all the time!

We have never invested in a new GPS because the screens are so small that it's difficult to get a fix, on the overview of a map, on such a small screen.  I've always thought having a BIG screen attached to a GPS would be so neat...but my huge laptop was just toooooo heavy to have sitting on my lap all the time.  This little netbook is perfect for hooking up to GPS and now that I have experience using it in the car, the Garmin Mobile PC is definately in our future.

I noticed recently that there are some small 12 inch netbooks out there and at first I thought...WoW...I should have waited.  But, when I looked at the overall SIZE...it is just enough bigger to put it back into that category of too big for MY purse...and I'm now even happier than ever that I bought this netbook!

I tend to keep computers as long as possible.  While out holiday shopping, just out of curiosity, I checked out the new netbooks and I have seen nothing that could part me from my little SAMMY N120!

Operating System: Windows
Processor: Other
Processor speed: Don''t Know
Screen Size: 10 inches
RAM: More than 256
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

Samsung NP-Q430-JSB1US Intel i5 2.4GHz 500GB 4GB RAM Windows 7 64-Bit Laptop Manufacturer refurbished

The Mobile Optimum. By combining sensual slim-line design with innovative multimedia and communications technology these notebooks set a new standard ...
Samsung Chromebook XE303C12 11.6 LED Notebook - Exynos 5 1.70 GHz, 2GB RAM,16GB SSD, 1366 x 768, Chrome OS -Silver

SAMSUNG XE303C12-A01US Chromebook Samsung Exynos 2GB Memory 16GB SSD

CPU Type Samsung Exynos 5 Dual Core 1.7GHz Wide Screen Support Yes Color Silver Operating System Google Chrome OS Screen 11.6 Memory Size 2GB (onBoard...
Newegg.com

Samsung - 11.6 Chromebook - Exynos 5 - 2GB Memory - 16GB Flash (eMMc) Memory - Silver

Samsung XE303C12-A01US Chromebook: This ultrathin and ultralight HD laptop is super portable, making it easy to always stay connected and productive ....
Best Buy

Newegg.com

Samsung - 13.3 HD Chromebook 2 Notebook Computer, 2.0GHz Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 16GB SSD, Go

Samsung 13.3 HD Chromebook 2 Notebook Computer, Samsung 2.0GHz Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 16GB SSD, Google Chrome, Luminous Titan For those insightful souls ...
Adorama

Aspire Switch 10 SW5-011-13GQ Intel Atom Quad-Core Z3745 1.33GHz Laptop - 2GB RAM  64GB SSD  10.1 IPS HD LED Touchscreen  802.11a/b/g/n  Bluetooth  2-cell Li-Po

Aspire Switch 10 SW5-011-13GQ Intel Atom Quad-Core Z3745 1.33GHz Laptop - 2GB RAM 64GB SSD 10.1 IPS HD LED Touchs...

Intel Atom Quad-Core Z3745 1.33GHz 2GB LPDDR3 64GB SSD 10.1 IPS HD LED Touchscreen Intel HD Graphics 802.11a/b/g/n Bluetooth Microsoft Windows ...
MacMall

Buy at Newegg.com SAMSUNG Samsung Exynos 2GB Memory 16GB 11.6 Chromebook Google Chrome OS XE303C12-A01US