SDI iHome Battery Charger, Docking Station, Speaker System, Clock Radio (IH5B) for iPod

Your music and radio too!

Apr 4, 2007

Pros:Ipod, FM, weather, TV all in one for my kitchen!

Cons:Ipod Shuffle connection is not the best with this unit.

The Bottom Line: Good option for spacesaving sound in the kitchen.

This was an impulse buy for us at Sams. We saw it and bought it to replace our spacesaver kitchen radio thinking that being able to play our IPods in the kitchen would be great.

We were pleased to find that it installed easily, the music plays clearly and an extra surprise of a weather radio feature.

There is even a remote control which is simple to use and is magnetic, so that it can be stuck to our fridge and not get lost in the kitchen.

It will work with nearly every IPod. My husband has the video Ipod, I have the older stick style Shuffle, my daughter has the new paperclip style Shuffle. There are adaptors for the Nano. My daughter's Shuffle requires the USB adaptor cord that comes with the Shuffle to connect to the iHome.

I get FRUSTRATED trying to get my Shuffle Ipod to play sometimes, because the Ipod has to be playing BEFORE you connect it to the iHome so that it will register that it's there. That is hard when you've disconnected the earbuds. It takes me a couple of attempts. The other downside about playing the Shuffle in the iHome is that it connects to the bottom of the unit, so it sticks out under it quite a bit. Or with the other Shuffle, there is a cord descending from the unit to the Shuffle sitting on the counter.

My husband loves the way the nano and his video connect inside the unit with an automatic slide out drawer. It stores the Ipod inside the iHome when it's playing.

Another positive is that it WILL charge the Ipod while playing.

You can use the select buttons to scan through the FM dial or set up to 8 preset stations. It will also pull in local TV stations for those who like to listen to TV 2-13 while their in the kitchen.

Overall, we're glad that we acted on impulse with this item.

Sdi Technologies iHome Portable Speakers for Kindle Fire - Black (IK8)

Sdi Technologies iHome Portable Speakers for Kindle Fire - Black (IK8)

Easily listen to your Kindle Fire while you're on the go with this SDI Technologies IK8 portable speaker that features a built-in rechargeable lithium...
BLINQ

AC Adapter for iHome ID50 Bluetooth Stereo Clock Radio Charger Power Supply Cord

iHome Portable Alarm Clock with Stereo Speaker and USB Charger

iHome Portable Alarm Clock with Stereo Speaker and USB Charger

Find clock radios at Target.com! Ihome portable alarm clock with stereo speaker and usb charger

Ihome Ik50b Smartdesign Fm Stereo Alarm Clock/charger Brand See Note

Ihome Ik50b Smartdesign Fm Stereo Alarm Clock/charger Brand See Note

****Note: ON VACATION TILL AUG 23rd, will ship ONLY AFTER Aug23rd if order are placed BRAND NEW IHOME SMART DESIGN Space Saver FM Stereo Alarm Clock/C...

iHOME iPad Swivel Folio Black Case

iHOME iPad Swivel Folio Black Case

iHome Swivel Folio Case - Protective cover for tablet - soft leather - black - for Apple iPad 2

Kindle Fire Ihome Smartdesign Space Saver Alarm Clock Radio/charger Black

Kindle Fire Ihome Smartdesign Space Saver Alarm Clock Radio/charger Black

Kindle Fire iHome SMARTDESIGN Space Saver Alarm Clock Radio/Charger Black NIB Store About Us Shipping Policy FAQs Contact Info Kindle Fire iHome SMAR...

iHome - Smart Sleeve Case for 13 Apple MacBook - Gray

iHome - Smart Sleeve Case for 13 Apple MacBook - Gray

This iHome Smart Sleeve IH-C2013C case is designed to fit your 13 Apple MacBook and features a shock-absorbing fur lining to protect your device while...
Best Buy

Shure - SBC200 Dual-Docking Transmitter & Battery Charger with PS45 Power Supply, 15V DC,

Shure SBC200 Dual-Docking Transmitter & Battery Charger with PS45 Power Supply, 15V DC, 3.33A The Shure SBC200 Dual-Docking Transmitter & Battery Char...
Adorama

AC Adapter for iHome IP56 Speaker Dock Charger Switching Power Supply Cord Mains