Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Reviews

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs - Spray On Pantyhose?

Jun 11, 2004 (Updated Jun 11, 2004)

Pros:Natural look, softens appearance of imperfections, long wearing, feels good on

Cons:Overspray can be messy, can slightly rub off on light clothes

The Bottom Line: Natural look and feel that doesn't scream "leg makeup." Doesn't totally conceal spider veins or other imperfections. Not intended to make light skin look tan.

Warmer weather means shorts - time to start showing some skin! So of course I was interested in a new product that claims to give you "perfect legs in an instant!" - Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. They claim it's like spraying on pantyhose.

~ Product Description

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs is - yep! - spray on leg makeup. Here's what Sally Hansen has to say: "Flawless, healthy-looking legs from thigh to toe. Imagine the feeling of absolute freedom...now at last, spray-on perfect, luxurious legs in an instant. Silky smooth to the touch - optically slimming. Weightless, Long-lasting. Transfer resistant. Enriched with Vitamin K to help treat and soften the appearance of spider veins, bruises and scars."

Important Note: This product is NOT designed to make you look tan if your skin is light. Choosing the color that matches your current skin tone will give you the best results.

The directions for use say to shake well, then spray directly on legs. Blend evenly. Allow to set for 60 seconds before dressing.

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs comes in a 3.0 oz. aerosol can, that is rather small and slim. Just pull off the silver cap to reveal the nozzle, similar to a small hairspray can.

This is currently available in 4 shades: Light Glow, Medium Glow, Tan Glow, Deep Glow. I purchased Light Glow.

You'll find Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in the nail care aisle at Wal Mart, Target, K-Mart, Walgreens, Rite Aide, CVS, or Ekerd for about $7.

The ingredients are listed on the can, but it's very small print and there's no way I can type them out, and I'm not able to find a listing on the net. Thanks for understanding.

~ My Experience

I was really excited to try this, because as an older gal, well, I don't have perfect legs. I have some freckles, very small spider veins, some uneven skin tone, and occasionally a bruise from something or other. I actually tend to avoid shorts unless it's really hot. Maybe Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs would allow me to wear shorts with more confidence.

I had purchased the lightest color, Light Glow, because I stay out of the sun for the most part and my legs are not tan. I took off the cap and shook the can as directed. I aimed and sprayed one leg, then blended it with my hand. It blended in very easily, and felt quite dry as it sprayed on. The spray is a very fine mist. I applied from about mid thigh all the way to my foot. This took about five or six sprays, blending each spray. You do need to blend right after spraying because it dries quickly. I couldn't detect much, if any, scent to this.

After applying to one leg, I took a look and compared it to the other leg. Hmmm....yes indeed, Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs had made the skin on my leg look smoother, more matte, softer, with a more even skin tone. Actually it looked great! I was blown away by the natural look. My leg did NOT look like it had makeup on it. My skin felt soft and smooth to the touch as well. I was amazed.

On the other hand, it didn't have as much coverage as I had hoped. I could still see the little spider veins and freckles, but I do think they were less noticeable. Coverage any heavier would probably have looked unnatural anyway. I was pleased.

Now for the other leg. I was concerned now about the overspray, because there's no way you can spray your leg without some going in the air and falling to the floor. I was on carpet, and decided I'd better not keep spraying there. I opted to apply to my other leg while standing in the bathtub, so it would contain the overspray. Good thing I did, too, because on the white tub I could see how much overspray there really was. I had to wipe out the tub afterwards. But hey! My legs looked better than ever!

I found that the color I chose was perfect for my skin tone. That's important. If you want tan legs, I'd go with a sunless tanner, not this product. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs will look most natural if you can match you current skin tone closely.

I wore cropped pants that day, just below the knee. They were a very light tan/cream colored, and I was worried Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs would rub off on my pants. Fingers crossed, I went about my day and pretty much forgot about my legs. And by the way, this feels good on your skin, very light weight. It doesn't feel like you have anything at all on your legs.

At the end of the day, I checked the hem of my pants and I thought I could see a very slight transfer of color right around the inside of the hem. But it could just have been normal sweat/dirt that would collect there anyway. I've got to say, the staying power of this leg makeup was astonishing. It looked just like it did when I first applied. This stuff wears great!

Just checking before I went to bed, I took a tissue and rubbed it on my legs to see if anything came off. And yes, I could see some makeup on the white tissue. I was just too tired to wash my legs before bed though, so I just sort of wiped my legs with the tissue. I didn't notice any color transfer on my white sheets. But if you've applied this on the heavy side, you might want to wash your legs before bed, just to be safe.

Another day I applied Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs and gave it the water test. I sprayed my legs with the hose just to see what would happen. Nothing much. It didn't run or streak, so that's a good thing. Although I didn't soak my legs with water either.

I've found that for extra coverage you can apply another layer after the first one dries. But I wouldn't recommend applying more than that. Getting even coverage, especially on the backs of your thighs, can be a little difficult too. But with a little practice you'll get the hang of it. After applying and blending with your hands, you will definitely needs to wash your hands, too.

Also, for best results exfoliate and make sure your skin is moisturized, because this can actually accentuate very dry, rough skin. (But wait until your lotion is completely absorbed before applying.)

~ Final Thoughts

If you have nice legs, Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs will make them gorgeous, with an even skin tone, softened look of imperfections and a very natural finish and appearance. No one will know you're wearing leg makeup.

This really doesn't cover problems like pantyhose will however. This isn't a true concealer, and if you have bad spider veins they will still be apparent, though slightly softened. I didn't notice much help with bruises either. If you have cellulite, this doesn't help.

Keep in mind this product will give you the best results if you match your current skin color as closely as possible. If you want tan legs, use a sunless tanner.

Be careful of the overspray when applying, and there's a possibility of some slight color transfer on white or light clothes - like a ring around the collar effect around the hem of shorts. I wouldn't recommend wearing this if you're going to be trying on clothes, etc. This really does adhere to your legs though, and you'll need to scrub to get it completely off your skin. This means that it wears very well though, which is what you want.

I find this a hassle to use on an everyday basis, but I'd recommend Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs for a special event, or just when you want to look your very best in shorts, skirts, or cropped pants. It has an amazing natural look, and your skin feels soft and natural to the touch. It truly does perfect the look of your legs.

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs - Tan Glow

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs - Tan Glow

Find tanning and sun protection at Target.com! Sally hansen airbrush legs - tan glow

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs - Light Glow

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs - Light Glow

Find tanning and sun protection at Target.com! Give your legs a sun-kissed look with sally hansen's airbrush legs. This water-resistant spray-on formu...

Airbrush Leg Makeup Tan Glow (2 Pack)

Airbrush Leg Makeup Tan Glow (2 Pack)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Airbrush Leg Makeup Tan Glow (2 Pack) Pack of 1 Payments We will only ship to the authorized shipping add...

Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg Make up - Deep (4 oz)

Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg Make up - Deep (4 oz)

Find tanning and sun protection at Target.com! Sally hansen airbrush leg make up - deep (4 oz)

Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg Make up - Medium (4 oz)

Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg Make up - Medium (4 oz)

Find tanning and sun protection at Target.com! Sally hansen airbrush leg make up - medium (4 oz)

Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg Make up - Light (4 oz)

Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg Make up - Light (4 oz)

Find tanning and sun protection at Target.com! Sally hansen airbrush leg make up - light (4 oz)

Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg Make up - Tan (4 oz)

Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg Make up - Tan (4 oz)

Find tanning and sun protection at Target.com! Sally hansen airbrush leg make up - tan (4 oz)

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs - Medium Glow

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs - Medium Glow

Sally Hansen Nail Growth Solution

Sally Hansen Nail Growth Solution

Find manicure and pedicure at Target.com! Sally hansen nail growth solution

Sally Hansen Salon Effects - Bling it On

Sally Hansen Salon Effects - Bling it On

Find manicure and pedicure at Target.com! Bring on the bling with these nail polish strips by sally hansen. These glittering strips are easy to peel a...