Salon Selectives Completely Drenched

Salon Selectives--Completely Drenched my Color Treated Hair

Nov 27, 2001

Pros:Good results, low price, nice smell.

Cons:Vague directions.

The Bottom Line: I enjoyed this product, saw visible results, and paid a nice low price. Dry hair rejoice!

Ssssh, I have a confession to make, don't tell anyone: but I am not a natural blonde, in fact judging from recent findings I am not a natural brunette anymore either. So,I have color treated hair, and since the birth of my second child, I find my time is precious and I haven't been taking care of my hair in the way that I should. What were once regular salon visits are now as erratic as a full nights sleep, and the result....Dry, damaged, hair with flyaway ends.

My solution appears to have come in the form of Salon Selectives and their conditioner Completely Drenched. I found this recently at a local grocery/drug store marked down to $2.50 from $3.49

Appearance-
The conditioner came in a 13 ml. clear bottle with a convenient flip top lid. The conditioner itself was thick, white and had a mild, fruity odor to it.

The directions follow below, and I found them to be a bit vague really, but how hard could it be to apply conditioner? I would just have appreciated knowing how long they recommended leaving in the product. Barring any advice to the contrary I assumed it was just a regular rinse off product.

-----
Directions- (taken from bottle)
Get wet and get going! Use what you need and share the wealth with your entire head of hair. Rinse it out. To make the most of your hair, don't just style as usual, style better than usual with Salon Selectives styling products.

Results-
My results were more than satisfactory. The final result was noticeably smoother, fuller hair. The ends of my hair that really need a trim lay nice and smooth, and I was easily able to comb it out after towel drying. Once I styled, I was pleased to see that my hair was shiny, full of body and didn't have that weighed down and greasy feel that some conditioners leave you with. I have used many products over the years, and I must say this was one of the better ones overall, and probably the best period, for it's price.

Final Thoughts-
This product is advertised for dry hair and Salon Selectives does make another conditioner specifically for color-treated hair called Don't Fade On Me. I haven't tried Don't Fade yet, but did find that Completely Drenched worked well and has not seemed to dull my color at all.

I'm sure at some point in the past I've used a Salon Selectives product although I don't remember being this satisfied. I think they've done some recent retooling of their line. I know the packaging is different than it used to be, although it appears to be a blatant rip-off of the Philosophy line. With their simple bottle styles and catchy, gimmicky little product descriptions I was instantly reminded of Philosophy.

All in all, I would recommend this product to anyone who needs a deep conditioner. I think it's gentle enough to use daily, if like me you need to condition with every shampoo. My hair has not been so happy since the last time I had a spa day.

Ingredients-
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethiconol, Fragrance, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Laureth-23, Cyclomethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Cocopolymer, Citric Acid, BHT, Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, D&C Red #33

Price-
$3.69 at Drugstore.com
www.Drugstore.com

Look around locally, I paid $2.50 marked down from $3.49 at a local store.

Website-
wwww.helenecurtis.com

Thanks so much for reading.

Lot Of 4 Salon Selectives Completely Drenched Shampoo & Conditioner 13 Oz.

Lot Of 4 Salon Selectives Completely Drenched Shampoo & Conditioner 13 Oz.

HELLO TODAY I HAVE SOME SALON SELECTIVE BY HELENE CURTIS COMPLETELY DRENCHED MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER AND SHAMPOO MADE FOR DRY / COARSE HAIR YOU GET T...

Salon Selectives Conditioner Color Protecting Don't Fade On Me Treated Hair 13oz

Salon Selectives Don't Fade on Me Conditioner by Helene Curtis Color protection for color treated hair 13 fl. oz. bottle

30 Salon Selectives Lighten Up Light Medium Brown

30 Salon Selectives Lighten Up Light Medium Brown

Lot of 30 NEW Salon Selectives Lighten Up Highlighting Foam Light Medium Brown click picture to enlarge Up for your consideration are 30 NEW bottles o...

30 Salon Selectives Lighten Up Foam Dark Brown Auburn

30 Salon Selectives Lighten Up Foam Dark Brown Auburn

30 bottles of Salon Selectives Lighten Up Dark Brown/Auburn click picture to enlarge Up for your consideration are 30 bottles of Salon Selectives Ligh...

5 Salon Selectives Lighten Up Highlighting Foam Blonde Hair Leave In Conditioner

You are buying a Lot of 5 Salon Selectives subtle Lighten Up highlighting foam Blonde Hair leave in conditioner 4 oz / 118ml Image and Description may...

Salon Selectives Mousse Volume Amplifier 8 Oz

Salon Selectives Mousse Volume Amplifier 8 Oz

Salon Selectives Mousse Volume Amplifier 8 oz Posted with eBay Mobile

Rare Salon Selectives Sit Still Hair Spray 350 Ml Medium Hold

Rare Salon Selectives Sit Still Hair Spray 350 Ml Medium Hold

You are buying 1 SALON SELECTIVES SIT STILL HAIR SPRAY 13 OZ / 350 ml for all hair types Image and Description may vary from actual product due to Con...

Salon Selectives Daily Treatment M Conditioner Set Of 3

Salon Selectives Daily Treatment M Conditioner Set Of 3

SET OF 3 SALON SELECTIVES CONDITIONER M 15% BONUS SIZE 14 FL OZ.COLOR SAFE CONDITIONER If you have any questions about this product before finalizing ...

Salon Selectives Daily Treatment S Conditioner Set Of 3

Salon Selectives Daily Treatment S Conditioner Set Of 3

Set of 3 Salon Selectives Daily Treatment Conditioner S 14 fl oz If you have any questions about this product before finalizing your purchase please s...

Salon Selectives Deep Fortifying Conditioner F Original Formula And Scent 15 Oz.

Salon Selectives Deep Fortifying Conditioner F Original formula and scent For damaged, weak, or overworked hair 15 fl. oz. bottle