Samsung CLP-315 Workgroup Laser Printer Reviews

Samsung CLP-315 Workgroup Laser Printer

Samsung CLP-315W Color Laser Wireless Printer

Dec 14, 2009 (Updated Sep 10, 2010)

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Small footprint
Easy USB setup.
Wireless range.
Paper tray is covered.

Cons:Could use larger paper tray.
Wireless setup.
Not really a great photo printer.

The Bottom Line: Great price, good output, easy to hide, only one wire visible in wireless mode. Buy this for a home office or 2nd printer family and give the kids the inkjet.

My find on Black Friday week 2009 was the CLP-315W at Buy.com for $134.00. First it was shipped Fed Ex in it's retail box but was delivered in 5 days unblemished and right off the shelf clean. Cudo's to Fed Ex & Buy.com! There are other under $200 deals this week at NewEgg for this product.

Understand I consider my experience/competence as very high, I repair and consult customers often in my 20year PC repair business and have setup many systems and printers even repaired a few printers.

Why I bought this model, I don't print often but when I do I expect no issues. Ink jet printers dry up at my house often. I always wanted my own color laser and have considered buying now for 2 years or more. I wanted a reliable consistent print that would not fade away in the sun. I own a hp1012 mono laser printer now that works fine but just won't work with Vista and up the Samsung works fine with Vista XP Seven and even Linux.

Opening the box I was impressed by the simple setup just pull a few strips of tape off load the paper and go. I choose this printer mostly for price.

I read many outside reviews and some were not glowing in the photo quality performance. I will say the best way to describe a flaw noticeable in photo quality is, this printer does not fill wide single color backgrounds with consistency although busy pictures will look fine. A head-shot on a white background could make the background seem rippled/wavy in slight color changes. There are better color laser and ink-jet photo choices out there but I am very happy with this one, and so far nobody has complained with color photo output quality. All other printing is TOPS as good as I ever have seen.

Installing
The driver CD pretty much handled the USB setup but I ended up cruising the web for a better way to setup wireless. "How I setup the wireless:
1. Plug Ethernet included crossover cable in, plug power plug, turn on.
2. Install SetIP from installation disc and launch it. Right click on your printer and select Setup. It should have everything filled out for you. Note its IP in case you need to manually the printer later on.
3. Type that IP in your browser and select Wireless. Use the included Wizard and type in your wireless network password (it does WEP, WPA1&2, but the wizard will figure out which one you have).
4. Disconnect the Ethernet, wait a bit, and it should connect!
5. Go to all your computers and add the printer over network. Easy."

So far the wireless was lost one time after a power outage. I simply power cycled the printer and it was found again on the network.

I would recommend this printer for all but discerning photo buffs looking for better photo quality. If you own a pro-sumer grade $600 or higher camera STOP now and buy a similar priced or more laser printer. The Samsung CLP-315W Color Laser Wireless Printer is a great deal and will save you money in Monochrome and home color printing. Also, water proof and UV proof as laser output is. Lastly one word WIRELESS!

Update: 9/10/2010 Things worth mentioning, Don't loose the included black X-over Ethernet cable! I have had several power outages that have caused my router to change the printers IP address. There are a few solutions but I found carrying the printer to my PC or laptop connecting the x-cross over cable while the host PC is connected to wireless and then running the (SetIP.exe on the disc included) to tell the network how to find the printer works best. Yup it's a hassle and yes you could use a static IP on the router but this method was clear once you ran the SetIP program. Get a UPS for your router and prevent this issue. I will also suggest pulling all the toner carts after a extended non-use period (think couple months) and giving them a gentle left to right shake this will prevent the toner from settling and will enhance the printing.
 I still reccomend this printer and can tell you from other friends and customers that most wireless printers have connection issues just like this one. Some even loose connections seemingly for no reason whatsoever, I'm looking at you HP!
Bottom line: this Samsung will be there reliably unless your wireless router drops the ball.

Operating System: Windows and Macintosh

Samsung CLP-775ND Color Laser Printer

Striking color, fast printing and reliability Enhance your productivity. Prints up to 35 pages per minute. Up to 9600 x 600 maximum dpi print resoluti...
Office Depot

Samsung CLP-775ND Color Laser Printer

This is an innovative printer that is specifically designed to meet the challenges of business printing by managing multiple complex tasks with ease. ...

Samsung Clp-775nd/xac Color Laser Printer

Samsung Clp-775nd/xac Color Laser Printer

search PN Clp-775Nd/Xac Color Laser Printer NEW ITEM FREE SHIPPING Processing packing takes 1-4 Business days prior to ship. CLP-775ND/XAC COLOR LASER...

Samsung CLP775ND Color Laser Printer

Samsung CLP775ND Color Laser Printer

Automatic 2-sided printing helps you save time and paper. Built-in Ethernet networking
Quill.com

Brand Samsung Ml-2165w Workgroup Laser Printer

Brand Samsung Ml-2165w Workgroup Laser Printer

The Samsung ML-2165W is a workgroup laser printer that lets you print black and white pages at a resolution of up to 1200x1200 dpi. With high printing...

Samsung CLP-775ND Laser Printer - Color - 9600 x 600 dpi Print - Plain Paper Print - Desktop - 35 ppm Mono / 35 ppm Color Print

Samsung CLP-775ND 33 ppm 9600 x 600 Duplex Network Color Laser Printer - CLP-775ND

CLP-775ND 33 ppm 9600 x 600 Duplex Network Color Laser Printer Give your business the printer it deserves with the CLP-775ND colour laser printer. Uli...
pcRUSH.com

Samsung Clp775nd Clp 775nd Color Laser Printer (clp-775nd) -

Samsung Clp775nd Clp 775nd Color Laser Printer (clp-775nd) -

black print speed 35 ppm brand samsung connectivity ethernet rj 45 connectivity parallel ieee 1284 connectivity usb 2 0 mpn clp 775nd model clp 775nd ...
Samsung Clp-325w Workgroup Color Laser Printer In Box Fast Free Shipping

Samsung Clp-325w Workgroup Color Laser Printer In Box Fast Free Shipping

Stylish and attractive, the Samsung CLP-325W is a workgroup laser printer suitable for desktop computers, with superior quality and super-fast printin...